Blitz, the new money making gametype

Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.

What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.

We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.

It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.

Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.

> 2533274870766023;1:
> Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
>
> What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
>
> We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
>
> It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
>
> Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.

people like you make me lose faith in humanity, if you dont want to play blitz DONT PLAY IT, its a beta…get over it, they want to test a new gamemode

> 2533274884116647;2:
> > 2533274870766023;1:
> > Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
> >
> > What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
> >
> > We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
> >
> > It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
> >
> > Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.
>
> people like you make me lose faith in humanity, if you dont want to play blitz DONT PLAY IT, its a beta…get over it, they want to test a new gamemode

Micro transactions make me lose faith in humanity… the fact that kids waste $100s of their parent’s real money on virtual items. The only people who think they are a good idea are the companies that receive the payments.
Its not a new game-type. Its domination, which we all played in the summer beta, with a pay-to-win twist. The pay-to-win aspect will ruin this game-type which is why you don’t need to worry about me not playing it. I mean do you seriously not agree that paying to win ruins games, and will ruin this game-type?

> 2533274870766023;3:
> > 2533274884116647;2:
> > > 2533274870766023;1:
> > > Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
> > >
> > > What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
> > >
> > > We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
> > >
> > > It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
> > >
> > > Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.
> >
> > people like you make me lose faith in humanity, if you dont want to play blitz DONT PLAY IT, its a beta…get over it, they want to test a new gamemode
>
> Micro transactions make me lose faith in humanity… the fact that kids waste $100s of their parent’s real money on virtual items. The only people who think they are a good idea are the companies that receive the payments.
> Its not a new game-type. Its domination, which we all played in the summer beta, with a pay-to-win twist. The pay-to-win aspect will ruin this game-type which is why you don’t need to worry about me not playing it. I mean do you seriously not agree that paying to win ruins games, and will ruin this game-type?

Microtransactions are a form of Gambling.

For real though Blitz seems to be a filler mode, when you’ve gamed for a while and want to break up the monotony. Getting your -Yoink!- in a twist due to a side game mode is very, very wrong. I for one have flipped from expecting a poor game due to the last beta, and now expect this to live up to my expectations. Do I plan on playing Blitz when the game is out? Sure, here and there. But we all know standard deathmatch is more important than a new fun game type, so give feedback on what works and what doesn’t, and cut the complaining :S

> 2533274847414428;4:
> > 2533274870766023;3:
> > > 2533274884116647;2:
> > > > 2533274870766023;1:
> > > > Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
> > > >
> > > > What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
> > > >
> > > > We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
> > > >
> > > > It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
> > > >
> > > > Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.
> > >
> > > people like you make me lose faith in humanity, if you dont want to play blitz DONT PLAY IT, its a beta…get over it, they want to test a new gamemode
> >
> > Micro transactions make me lose faith in humanity… the fact that kids waste $100s of their parent’s real money on virtual items. The only people who think they are a good idea are the companies that receive the payments.
> > Its not a new game-type. Its domination, which we all played in the summer beta, with a pay-to-win twist. The pay-to-win aspect will ruin this game-type which is why you don’t need to worry about me not playing it. I mean do you seriously not agree that paying to win ruins games, and will ruin this game-type?
>
> Microtransactions are a form of Gambling.

A Microtransaction is a small payment for a very small digital item, usually found in games.

Microtransactions are not a form of Gambling.

> 2789953162020734;5:
> For real though Blitz seems to be a filler mode, when you’ve gamed for a while and want to break up the monotony. Getting your -Yoink!- in a twist due to a side game mode is very, very wrong. I for one have flipped from expecting a poor game due to the last beta, and now expect this to live up to my expectations. Do I plan on playing Blitz when the game is out? Sure, here and there. But we all know standard deathmatch is more important than a new fun game type, so give feedback on what works and what doesn’t, and cut the complaining :S

If deathmatch (or standard) is good, fair and competitive then I’ll happily purchase the game. It just worries me that they have made such a mess of one game type that it may be a common theme within the game, hope I’m wrong though.
I mean really they should be putting the maximum amount of time possible into deathmatch and allowing people to test it for the maximum amount of time possible, eg from Friday 20th to Monday 30th, but for the first days of the beta we have to test a game type which obviously has no potential to be fun for the average player.

> 2533274795123910;6:
> > 2533274847414428;4:
> > > 2533274870766023;3:
> > > > 2533274884116647;2:
> > > > > 2533274870766023;1:
> > > > > Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
> > > > >
> > > > > What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
> > > > >
> > > > > We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
> > > > >
> > > > > It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
> > > > >
> > > > > Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.
> > > >
> > > > people like you make me lose faith in humanity, if you dont want to play blitz DONT PLAY IT, its a beta…get over it, they want to test a new gamemode
> > >
> > > Micro transactions make me lose faith in humanity… the fact that kids waste $100s of their parent’s real money on virtual items. The only people who think they are a good idea are the companies that receive the payments.
> > > Its not a new game-type. Its domination, which we all played in the summer beta, with a pay-to-win twist. The pay-to-win aspect will ruin this game-type which is why you don’t need to worry about me not playing it. I mean do you seriously not agree that paying to win ruins games, and will ruin this game-type?
> >
> > Microtransactions are a form of Gambling.
>
> A Microtransaction is a small payment for a very small digital item, usually found in games.
>
> Microtransactions are not a form of Gambling.

They are gambling when you open a pack of randomly generated items

> 2533274870766023;7:
> > 2789953162020734;5:
> > For real though Blitz seems to be a filler mode, when you’ve gamed for a while and want to break up the monotony. Getting your -Yoink!- in a twist due to a side game mode is very, very wrong. I for one have flipped from expecting a poor game due to the last beta, and now expect this to live up to my expectations. Do I plan on playing Blitz when the game is out? Sure, here and there. But we all know standard deathmatch is more important than a new fun game type, so give feedback on what works and what doesn’t, and cut the complaining :S
>
> If deathmatch (or standard) is good, fair and competitive then I’ll happily purchase the game. It just worries me that they have made such a mess of one game type that it may be a common theme within the game, hope I’m wrong though.
> I mean really they should be putting the maximum amount of time possible into deathmatch and allowing people to test it for the maximum amount of time possible, eg from Friday 20th to Monday 30th, but for the first days of the beta we have to test a game type which obviously has no potential to be fun for the average player.

Deathmatch was already been tested in the first beta and they have they have halo wars 1 to build off of and CA has made many many games with the mode they know what there doing.

Also well duh your not supposed to be interested in the game mode it’s made to introduce people into rts

> 2533274870766023;3:
> > 2533274884116647;2:
> > > 2533274870766023;1:
> > > Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
> > >
> > > What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
> > >
> > > We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
> > >
> > > It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
> > >
> > > Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.
> >
> > people like you make me lose faith in humanity, if you dont want to play blitz DONT PLAY IT, its a beta…get over it, they want to test a new gamemode
>
> Micro transactions make me lose faith in humanity… the fact that kids waste $100s of their parent’s real money on virtual items. The only people who think they are a good idea are the companies that receive the payments.
> Its not a new game-type. Its domination, which we all played in the summer beta, with a pay-to-win twist. The pay-to-win aspect will ruin this game-type which is why you don’t need to worry about me not playing it. I mean do you seriously not agree that paying to win ruins games, and will ruin this game-type?

It’s not pay to win if the MM system does its job and matches those with high card lvls or whatever lvl their cards are to players at or very close to the lvl the other person is.

Blitz isn’t even the meat of the game. Heck it’s just a small burst compared to the rest of the game. Warzone was the meat of halo 5s MP which is why MTs were a big problem. Including the fact that all cosmetic items could only be unlocked through req packs.
You could avoid blitz entirely and u won’t miss it. Heck the mode is only designed for people who’ve never played a strategy game which will be a small percentage of the playerbase. Most of the fun will be with the main MP which has no links to M.Ts. unlike the req system 343i will make hardly any money from blitz and the MTs probably exist to get more cards through updates or maybe more maps for free.

> 2533274968042384;8:
> > 2533274795123910;6:
> > > 2533274847414428;4:
> > > > 2533274870766023;3:
> > > > > 2533274884116647;2:
> > > > > > 2533274870766023;1:
> > > > > > Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.
> > > > >
> > > > > people like you make me lose faith in humanity, if you dont want to play blitz DONT PLAY IT, its a beta…get over it, they want to test a new gamemode
> > > >
> > > > Micro transactions make me lose faith in humanity… the fact that kids waste $100s of their parent’s real money on virtual items. The only people who think they are a good idea are the companies that receive the payments.
> > > > Its not a new game-type. Its domination, which we all played in the summer beta, with a pay-to-win twist. The pay-to-win aspect will ruin this game-type which is why you don’t need to worry about me not playing it. I mean do you seriously not agree that paying to win ruins games, and will ruin this game-type?
> > >
> > > Microtransactions are a form of Gambling.
> >
> > A Microtransaction is a small payment for a very small digital item, usually found in games.
> >
> > Microtransactions are not a form of Gambling.
>
> They are gambling when you open a pack of randomly generated items

No, that is purchasing an item with random items in it.

“Gambling is defined as “the wagering of money or something of value (referred to as “the stakes”) on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods.””

Link.

What are the stakes involved?
What is the monetary value that can be lost? That question in turn would require you to price each individual card on their manufacturing cost, no?

Do you get a total of more cards than someone else spending the same amount of money on the same type of packs? If there are different pack types?

If it was gambling, Kinder eggs would only be sold to 18+ year olds. Or whatever the age limit for gambling is in countries that haven’t banned kinder eggs but have an age restriction on gambling. Same with MtG, Pokemon and so forth.

> 2533274870766023;1:
> Firstly, the game controls. Just like in the first beta back in the summer, they are still awful. I mean, left trigger to select unit cards? This button was to speed up navigation around the map in Halo Wars 1. Not only that, rather than scrolling through the cards using left and right you have to press up and down for some reason to get the two cards in the middle… why not just make it so you can scroll through regularly? These are only minor issues though, to be fair the real problem is with the gameplay and game logic.
>
> What I was hoping for in this beta was the ability to test out all the units & unit upgrades against friends or just against the AI. Unfortunately what we have right now is a stupid ‘card’ and ‘pack’ based game type which isn’t even worth trying out because when the full game comes out, it is going to be so dominated by pay-to-win kids who buy the virtual card packs for real life money that it will be unplayable for average people. Nobody wants to play these stupid gametypes, especially not online… aren’t they making enough money from Halo 5 Warzone? Please, for the sake of the player base, keep this stupid pay-to-win crap out of Halo Wars 2.
>
> We got to play a gametype called domination in the first beta back in the summer… which ironically is the exact same as Blitz only you actually had to work with your teammate, build your own base, make and upgrade your own units, none of which you can do in Blitz. This is how this game type and Halo Wars should be played and how ‘Blitz’ should be made in the actual game, but instead they’ve changed it for the worse, no surprise, and now we’ve got this pay-to-win card and pack crap which isn’t even half of what Domination was in the first beta. And believe me, whatever we say about this game-type, they will not change it. Its involves money making, that’s why.
>
> It just goes to show that game companies no longer take feedback, positive or negative from the community. They just focus their games on making as much money as possible through micro transactions. They literally went: “Hey how can we make money from domination?” “I know! Add packs and cards!” Like we haven’t seen it happen before in other games. Look what Halo 5 Warzone has become, FIFA 17, CSGO, just to name a few. All feature micro transactions to buy packs and cards just like this game will. Why can’t they actually do some work and make dlc map packs or different unit skins for real money? If there has to be micro transactions in the game then why can’t 343 think of another idea rather than the same stupid card and packs idea? Laziness.
>
> Honestly, with just a month to launch, I’m already fearing the worst after playing this first pathetic game mode. The new features are woeful and the idea of pay-to-win puts me off buying the game entirely. Hopefully they release the skirmish and deathmatch game modes in the beta soon so we can test features in the game that we should be able to test now, as I shall not be playing blitz again.

Honestly, have you even played Blitz? I wanna know cause you use “we” very sincerely as if we all hate it, which I have to say, is just wrong! You judge the experience way too early, and I want you to actually try it, because not the entire Halo Wars experience should revolve around what were used to, this is a new edge, that it looks like they are pretty faithful to, considering the Vidoc reaction, I was expecting what you were expecting, hopefully that it would not turn out like Warzone where everything is chaotic, none sensical and it sucks, but that’s wrong about this! Never in my experience from rank 1-10 did I even think urgingly to even touch the store, which was before I actually found out it blocked from players! (surprisingly, to be honest, haha!)
But anyway, I really don’t see any encouragement here at all like Halo 5 did with the armour and helmets and stuff you actually wanted. This system is literally just for Blitz, and it fits pretty well and creatively into a short match (REALLY dependant on the players) where players go up against eachother to hold strongholds, but meanwhile spawning the cards that happen in the strange order of the deck! There’s an equal amount of strategy, and to an extent, luck with the cards you are going to have to spawn, because energy can get scarce if you don’t control it, with spawning certain units, and certain units you can’t spawn without spawning the one’s you get! And believe me when I say this, the battles are intense for good reason because the decks are stacked, and balanced throughout each player, because of the fact that you can’t just put Scarab Assault in your deck and win the day, Go try it man, if you spawn that thing (that is if you get far enough to spawn it) its gonna die quickly without good support, and especially if the person your playing against knows how to counter it with certain units.
This gamemode happens to be one that I am surprised I caught onto, having jumped in for my first match, failing, and than going back to play with my buddies on Halo 5. But when I came back, and I played, and I started to get information on how to build decks, and strategies, and a feel of the game itself and what its supposed to be, I got into it quickly, I started to have fun opening packs with the daily and weekly challenges (which basically freakin abolishes even the knowledge of a “Blitz Store”'s existence), that I worked for and got some duplicates that ended up boosting the cards I already had!
This isn’t a lazy gamemode, it’s a new gamemode, it’s complicated and it’s fun. Just because something has a hint of microtransactions in it, doesn’t make it the worst thing in the world.
Now go play Blitz, rookies get into it relatively quickly once they understand it!

In my opinion micro transactions are better than Paid DLC. When i first got into Halo, I was not old enough to work, so map packs and paid dlc meant there were some things I couldn’t play, even in Halo 3 when I first hooked my 360 up to live. Paid DLC splits the community, whereas micro transactions do not. I realize that HW2 has both types of DLC, which is what COD does. I would rather have everyone have access to the full game and those who want to progress faster can pay to do so. Eventually there comes a point where it isn’t feasible to unlock everything, like in Gear 4, but Halo 5 never got to that point. I’ve bought Req packs because I want to support the game. That isn’t something everyone can do, and if they already bought the game, that should be enough