Blitz 1v1 is going to be removed!

As you can read in the latest community update, Blitz 1v1 (Duel) will no longer be available as a matchmaking playlist with the new patch coming next week. Anyone else feels like this is complete -Yoink-?

Also unlike XBox, 2v2 Blitz won’t be available with a ranked system on Windows. Instead they made 3v3 the only ranked mode - which makes absolutely no sense.
It is very hard to get a premade team of 3 players going (in a game that doesn’t even have global chat) and chances are high that matches are decided by random team mates being AFK / disconnecting / camping on points doing nothing etc.
How can you make this the only ranked Blitz mode?

Should be fixed! 2v2 ranked in blitz is important.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343 boyz they take what they want haha

Is that true? I thought that there wouldnt be any 1on1 Ranked in Blitz? But completely removed?

WHY?!

> 2535466433512301;4:
> Is that true? I thought that there wouldnt be any 1on1 Ranked in Blitz? But completely removed?
>
> WHY?!

Read it yourself:

> Halo Wars 2 Windows 10 Playlists: - Versus Ai - Team War - Ranked 1v1 War - Ranked 2v2 War - Ranked 3v3 War - (Blitz) Standard - (Blitz) Brawl - (Blitz) Ranked Brawl

Not only Blitz 1v1 (Duel) is gone, also Domination (Team Objective) and Strongholds (Brawl). The latter two continue to be offered on XBox, but not PC.

But why? Why do they always need to change things that are fine? Is it because of player count?

> 2533274925810919;6:
> But why? Why do they always need to change things that are fine? Is it because of player count?

Maybe, but in this case it would make even less sense to remove Blitz 1v1 but double the 3v3 queues (ranked and unranked).

DONT REMOVE 1ON1 WTF

Gotta be a mistake or something? Sell card packs but no 1v1 = epic fail⁉️

Why? It makes perfect sense for now. It’s an attempt to streamline the small community into the most popular modes so that you don’t have to search for an hour to find a game. It’s a fairly normal method of making sure that the population of an unpopular game don’t feel like there’s noone to play with. Destiny is currently making the exact same move for their PvP in their next update. They reduced the amount of playlists from like 12 to 6 in order to make sure people have others to play with. It’s as simple as that. If the community gets bigger for PC again, there’s a good chance it gets brought back in.

Removing playlists is fine, removing Blitz 1v1 is stupid. 1v1 requires the fewest players to be have functional matchmaking and is the fundamentally different player count (relying on just yourself) where as 2v2/3v3 have less reason to exist separately.

There are four Blitz playlists on XBox now, you really think one of them shouldn’t be 1v1? Why not just remove one of the other duplicate count playlists, or combine the 2v2/3v3 casual into one like Team War is (which will be fine once ranked is available for 2v2) instead. Or hell cut it down to 3 playlists - 1v1 ranked, 2v2 ranked, 3v3 casual, there I’ve condensed it even more in a way that actually makes sense. Generally in this kind of game the higher player count the less seriously it is taken, has more random teams, on Blitz the map is too small for 3v3 so it’s more of chaotic fun than strategic,. etc… yet on PC 3v3 will be the only Blitz ranking. Choosing that over ranked 2v2 on PC alone makes me question whoever is making that decision.

Given they are selling Blitz packs, trying to get people to go out of their way to earn them etc. I think it’s pretty poor that my favorite Blitz mode is just being removed from the game 5 weeks into release. Thankfully I didn’t actually buy any packs, but I did clear a lot of challenges I wouldn’t have bothered with otherwise.

> 2621068175993405;11:
> Or hell cut it down to 3 playlists - 1v1 ranked, 2v2 ranked, 3v3 casual, there I’ve condensed it even more in a way that actually makes sense. Generally in this kind of game the higher player count the less seriously it is taken, has more random teams, on Blitz the map is too small for 3v3 so it’s more of chaotic fun than strategic,. etc… yet on PC 3v3 will be the only Blitz ranking. Choosing that over ranked 2v2 on PC alone makes me question whoever is making that decision.

This!

> 2621068175993405;11:
> Removing playlists is fine, removing Blitz 1v1 is stupid. 1v1 requires the fewest players to be have functional matchmaking and is the fundamentally different player count (relying on just yourself) where as 2v2/3v3 have less reason to exist separately.
>
> There are four Blitz playlists on XBox now, you really think one of them shouldn’t be 1v1? Why not just remove one of the other duplicate count playlists, or combine the 2v2/3v3 casual into one like Team War is (which will be fine once ranked is available for 2v2) instead. Or hell cut it down to 3 playlists - 1v1 ranked, 2v2 ranked, 3v3 casual, there I’ve condensed it even more in a way that actually makes sense. Generally in this kind of game the higher player count the less seriously it is taken, has more random teams, on Blitz the map is too small for 3v3 so it’s more of chaotic fun than strategic,. etc… yet on PC 3v3 will be the only Blitz ranking. Choosing that over ranked 2v2 on PC alone makes me question whoever is making that decision.
>
> Given they are selling Blitz packs, trying to get people to go out of their way to earn them etc. I think it’s pretty poor that my favorite Blitz mode is just being removed from the game 5 weeks into release. Thankfully I didn’t actually buy any packs, but I did clear a lot of challenges I wouldn’t have bothered with otherwise.

I do agree that the Blitz playlists could’ve been divided into a 1v1, a 2v2/3v3 and a ranked 2v2 or 3v3. That’s probably the better way of going about it. I just responded to why.

remove 2v2. keep 1v1 n 3v3. i either wanna play solo or with ppl, in which case the more the merrier.

will there be rank 2v2 for xbox?

If they remove blitz 1v1 that will be a stupid decision. I’ll be playing a lot less of Halo wars2 if they do remove it.

> 2533274835104784;1:
> As you can read in the latest community update, Blitz 1v1 (Duel) will no longer be available as a matchmaking playlist with the new patch coming next week. Anyone else feels like this is complete -Yoink-?
>
> Also unlike XBox, 2v2 Blitz won’t be available with a ranked system on Windows. Instead they made 3v3 the only ranked mode - which makes absolutely no sense.
> It is very hard to get a premade team of 3 players going (in a game that doesn’t even have global chat) and chances are high that matches are decided by random team mates being AFK / disconnecting / camping on points doing nothing etc.
> How can you make this the only ranked Blitz mode?

You should watch the video about what if you spent 1,000,000$ on packs. Even though nobody would do that you would hopfully see why this might make it a bit more fair.

Honestly, why not keep 1v1 but have the same queue for 2v2 and 3v3?

Come on 343i, you’re just playing with fire here…

Shame but not surprising really. I’ve only played Blitz MP because it’s drop in drop out with short duration matches. I’ve only played a handful of these as 1v1 and that’s for someone who only plays Blitz. I have 100+ Blitz matches all together but looking at the achievements only a very low percentage even have 25 matches played.

I’d be happy to see 2v2 and 3v3 ranked and unranked if they at least and another couple of maps.

Dont remove 1on1. Why would you even remove a playlist, I really dont get it.