'Bleeding' and Blood from Assasinations

With Emile’s death, you can see that his corpse has ‘bled out’ after he was impaled. What I am thinking is that should Halo 5 have this, though dynamic? It would at least make the deaths feel more ‘believable’, as well as if blood comes out when you assasinate your enemies.

Eh…No thank you. It’s Halo, it’s not ultra realistic so adding in any kind of “bloody realism” like tht is kind of over the top and unnecessary to me.

Why would you NOT want this? It was scripted allot in Halo Reach, and was even in ODST.

> …Just give me a break. I mean seriously, why would you NOT want this? It was scripted allot in Halo Reach, and was even in ODST.

So…you DIDN’T want a conversation or a debate, you wanted people to fawn over your idea and go, “Yeah how great!”

That’s not how forums work. You posted an idea and I disagreed with it. You can’t come back and get upset with me for posting my opinion becaue it’s not yours.

I told you why I don’t want this. I play Halo, if I want blood and gore I’d go play GoW or Mortal Kombat or something. I don’t care to see blood flying everywhere or having it puddle around more than it does currently.

Hell, Josh Holmes said hismself that the future of Halo is going to be ‘darker’ and ‘more realistic’.

Sorry, I can’t give links on this Tablet.

Because you didn’t explain why properly. “It’s not just Halo” isn’t good enough.

> Because you didn’t explain why properly. “It’s not just Halo” isn’t good enough.

I disagree. Blood and gore is not Halo. That’s valid enough.

Blood? What about CE?.. and the flood?

> Blood? What about CE?.. and the flood?

Because that’s comparable to having “bleeding out” when you assassinate someone, right? If you want to see that blood, go play the Library then.

IMO there’s absolutely no need for any more “realistic” blood in the game, and definitely not in multiplayer.

I like Mortal Kombat. I like Gears of War. I like Resident Evil. But gore and super bloody things in Halo? I don’t want ever. It wouldn’t fit the aesthetic.

With the Flood, it’s fine. It’s coagulated, dark, and green blood with severed body parts. But I don’t want it to go beyond that with other players, Marines, etc. You can be realistic and dark without having puddles of blood everywhere.

Empire Strikes Back, for instance. That’s one of the darker Star Wars movies. Bloody and gorey? No. I believe it was Frank O’Connor who compared the Reclaimer saga to the Original Trilogy, with Halo 4 as the “A New Hope” of the Reclaimer games. I think you can tell a dark story without adding all that stuff.

Ok then, I respect your opinion; but If you could deal with the bloody corpses in Reach, then you will be fine with this. And even If your not, they could surely just have an option to turn those decals off. And that’s honestly pretty selfish if you think it is not allowed even if it’s an option.

> Ok then, I respect your opinion; but If you could deal with the bloody corpses in Reach, then you will be fine with this. And even If your not, they could surely just have an option to turn those decals off. And that’s honestly pretty selfish if you think it is not allowed even if it’s an option.

I don’t remember ANY bloody corpses in Reach. Corpses, yes. Bloody? No. The closest to a real bloody Marine in Halo was in Halo 2. There was a random chance of a Marine on Cairo Station being super bloody and cut up. That’s the only one I can think of. Just because I’m fine with the things I’ve listed, doesn’t mean I’d be fine with it in Halo.

I don’t think it’s selfish that we don’t want it to not even be apart of the game as even an option. It just doesn’t fit the series aesthetically like it would Gears of War, Resident Evil, or Mortal Kombat.

Emile’s dead corpse, The beginning of the game with the two missing troopers (the dead civillian’s), And New Alexandria at when you get caught in a trap from the drones.

> And where I’m from, yes, thats freaking selfish; Think before you post. I thought you so called ‘Monitors’ would be the people that would understand that the most.

Being a Monitor doesn’t mean we don’t have opinions. And having an opinion that differs from yours is not what “selfish” means. If you want blood and gore, go play one of the franchises that deals in that.

Believe me, I think before I post every time. However I am not sure I can say the same for all the posters that use our forums. Having a different opinion is just that - a different opinion. It doesn’t warrant being called “selfish” because we like the Halo ambience as it currently is.

> Emile’s dead corpse, The beginning of the game with the two missing troopers (the dead civillian’s), And New Alexandria at when you get caught in a trap from drones

Those corpses were far from the amount of blood you’re asking for. It was very tame, and was still very Halo.

This compared to this. Halo: CE had much more blood in it, but it was only if you punched the heck out of a corpse. :stuck_out_tongue: I never personally did that because, well, I don’t like punching a corpse endlessly.

Yes, blood is in Halo, but I think you’re exaggerating how bloody the corpses are in Reach.

> Emile’s dead corpse, The beginning of the game with the two missing troopers (the dead civillian’s), And New Alexandria at when you get caught in a trap from drones. And where I’m from, yes, thats freaking selfish; Think before you post. I thought you so called ‘Monitors’ would be the people that would understand that the most.

Here’s some non-monitor input:

Personally, I liked the blood spatter from CE (your example), but it didn’t make the game more realistic for me; to a point it did the opposite. But I enjoyed it.

I agree with a previous poster. It suits the flood, yes. I’d love to come across blood stained rooms with green blobs everywhere like in CE and H2 when the flood are around. But generally…no, it’s not something I’d say is absolutely needed.

There are MANY other things in the game that NEED fixing desperately that are much more important than me seeing an enemy bleed out after assassinating them.

Also, if someone stands around to watch the bleeding out effect after an assassination, they’re an idiot imo.

Off Topic:

People are not going to agree with your opinions all the time. Their views may seem strange or even selfish to you but, they are opinions. And as much as you think theirs is stupid, the same likely applies to you.

You think they are being selfish, they probably think that you’re just another forum troll or 13 year old boy who thinks he knows everything about Halo having started with Reach, who is trying to add another pointless mechanic to an already broken game that doesn’t belong.

You also, can’t ‘accept someone’s opinion’ and ‘respect it’, only to follow it up with what is basically a rude personal attack. That just puts across a front of hypocrisy and says you never really accepted their opinion & that they think differently to you.

Furthermore: The monitors here have been very patient with you despite your posts reading as very rude and disrespectful, on a basic level that is expected between standard forum members here. Attempting to call them out and telling them to ‘think before they post’ is not only unnecessary, but stupid.

Like it or not, if you’re an -Yoink- to people here and break the rules, you’ll be banned. The people you are talking down to here are the people who will issue that ban and decide how long it is for, as well as locking your thread if it goes off topic too much…much like the route this one is taking.

So I politely suggest that it is in fact YOU that needs to think before they post. You don’t seem to be an idiot personally, so use the intelligence you have. If a monitor disagrees with your idea, accept it and move on. Other people will likely agree simply based on the population of this forum.

Also, “Blood & gore not being very Halo-esque” ‘IS’ a perfectly good & valid reason, it’s simply short and concise.

TL;DR - Pipe down, shipwreck.

~ Duck.

Sorry if you thought I was talking excessive blood. The links you sent me is exactly how much I want.

Hey, Duck! Yeah, and I realised how ironic my post sounded. I was just a little pissed because I’ve been pretty anxious for reasons I don’t want to explain.

> Hey, Duck! Yeah, and I realised how ironic my post sounded. I was just a little pissed because I’ve been pretty anxious for reasons I don’t want to explain.

It’s cool dude, just be careful; anxiety leads to the dark side of the forums.

True story.

~ Duck.

I’m for it.
Why not have a little blood dash coming out of the wound, while assassination.
There are already decent blood shots when u kill someone in MM.