Blatant Cheating on Crimson maps

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This is just one of the many groups that are constantly boosting this game for rank and achievements. Why is this being allowed?

[CLASSIFIED]

>>Boosting all DLC achievements. Please have the map pack downloaded before hand. This session is for people who are comfortable using extra controllers as guests. I have 4, so need 8 more “players”. People without any extra controllers should not join. If every player has 4 controllers than we technically only need 3 people including myself, but there are more slots to give access to people with less controllers. However priority will be given to people with a higher number of controllers.

In application just confirm how many controllers you have and that you have a mic. We will go one achievement at a time. It will be based on order joined. I set the session time for 2 hours but it shouldn’t take that long if we are all organised<<

LoL, i can see one of my friends on that list, and he’s also a member of these forums!!!

If they are doing it in matchmaking, they’ll be caught and given an XP ban.

Anyone that desperate to get meaningless achievements isn’t smart enough to hide it well.

It’s allowed because there is no “real” way to stop it. Just report the players (which you’ve done) and 343i or the xbox enforecment team will take care of it if they so choose.

I think the ban hammer also has a way to detect this stuff, but there are ways around it.

Why does it bother you? It’s not like they are affecting you in any way… Unless of course you join a match and there is boosting going on, but they are going in wit max lobby size.

What website is this a screencap of? It looks like it’d be nice for organizing Customs lobbies.

> What website is this a screencap of? It looks like it’d be nice for organizing Customs lobbies.

You just want to achievement boost dont you LOL!!

One of the reasons why I hate multiplayer achievements.

It’s allowed as long as it’s full party boosting.

> It’s allowed as long as it’s full party boosting.

Yeah, but the dude blatantly stated he wanted people to have guest controllers to be AFK. So it’s idle boosting, different from full party and not allowed.

> > What website is this a screencap of? It looks like it’d be nice for organizing Customs lobbies.
>
> You just want to achievement boost dont you LOL!!

I’ve already been EXP banned once for boosting, my next ban may be a matchmaking ban for up to a week’s time. I’m not going to risk that - I figure that this site, while ideal for setting up achievement lobbies, would also be a good medium for setting up other ingame appointments that may not be related to getting achievements.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.

I am a member of that site, and they boost the achievements so they can just get them and move on. Nothing wrong with being a completionist. Besides, they aren’t doing it for XP, they are just doing it for achievements. It won’t take them but a few games.

I will boost those achievements so that I can get them done and just play Halo for fun. If 343 doesn’t want people to boost, they shouldn’t put in irritating achievements that can only be earned multiplayer.

You should probably take note that those players are only going for achievements. They could care less about their ranks or xp. That is actually a large community of Xbox Live called TrueAchievements. It is essentially a community of people who just like to get achievements. They often hold sessions to get achievements in games that no longer have an active multiplayer, and some for active games. They take in extra controllers so that they don’t get matched up with legitimate players. That way, the legitimates can have fun, and the boosters can boost in peace.

I’m actually a member of that community. Though I have not participated in any sessions in a long time. I’ve always made a point of not boosting Halo multiplayer, but have helped many people on there with campaign and firefight achievements.

After they get the achievements, they will likely never play the game again, so don’t let yourself get agitated over something someone will do that you have no ability to control.

Merry Christmas!

Have them all exept the 20 stomps and 20 gun kills… IN 4 MATCHES!!! I mean that’s not boosting, thats good playing

As long as it is full party its fine.

> > It’s allowed as long as it’s full party boosting.
>
> Yeah, but the dude blatantly stated he wanted people to have guest controllers to be AFK. So it’s idle boosting, different from full party and not allowed.

Yeah, forgot to mention this.

> > > What website is this a screencap of? It looks like it’d be nice for organizing Customs lobbies.
> >
> > You just want to achievement boost dont you LOL!!
>
> I’ve already been EXP banned once for boosting, my next ban may be a matchmaking ban for up to a week’s time. I’m not going to risk that - I figure that this site, while ideal for setting up achievement lobbies, would also be a good medium for setting up other ingame appointments that may not be related to getting achievements.

They do have the option to make “Just for fun” sessions. Though unfortunately no one ever joins those sessions.

> It’s allowed because there is no “real” way to stop it. Just report the players (which you’ve done) and 343i or the xbox enforecment team will take care of it if they so choose.
>
> I think the ban hammer also has a way to detect this stuff, but there are ways around it.

lol. 343 can’t do anything about it unless they do something in-game that’s worth being banned. You think they are just going to read this thread, go look on trueachievements.com, and immediately ban those people? lol

> You should probably take note that those players are only going for achievements. They could care less about their ranks or xp. That is actually a large community of Xbox Live called TrueAchievements. It is essentially a community of people who just like to get achievements. They often hold sessions to get achievements in games that no longer have an active multiplayer, and some for active games. They take in extra controllers so that they don’t get matched up with legitimate players. That way, the legitimates can have fun, and the boosters can boost in peace.
>
> I’m actually a member of that community. Though I have not participated in any sessions in a long time. I’ve always made a point of not boosting Halo multiplayer, but have helped many people on there with campaign and firefight achievements.
>
> After they get the achievements, they will likely never play the game again, so don’t let yourself get agitated over something someone will do that you have no ability to control.
>
> Merry Christmas!

I know for a fact that one of the players on the list will definitely play the game again, and alot of it!!!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Multiplayer acheievements genius. Get a life.