Blame for Halo 5 to 343 or MS???

Okay, so I know a lot of people (myself included) tend to get confused on who is in charge of what. DLC being on sale (MS), DLC being required in playlists or DLC playlists (343). How many games must come out and when due to contracts (both, mostly MS), etc.

Even with all of the ‘duh’ feedback such as dropping PODs, going back to arena roots, map pick up AA, De-Scope, etc that the VAST majority of the player base want… And the numbers clearly back it up, I personally have a feeling Halo 5 will build on Halo 4 much like H4 did on Reach… (I’ve explained this before, but in most businesses, including this one, series tend to ‘move forward’).

‘IF’ that is the case, who is actually to blame? Would that be 343 choice or MS direction (aka you’re doing this!)… I actually have no idea. Who gets to decide ‘that stuff’?

Bungie removed dual-wielding for Halo 3 because they felt it took away from gameplay, so 343 should have no problem removing:

• Sprint
  • AAs
  • Specializations
  • Support and Tactical Packages
  • Loadouts
  • Kill-Cams
  • PODs
  • Grenade Indicators
  • Redundant Weapons
  • Bloom on Precision Weapons (if not done already)
  • Auto Flag Pickup
  • No Flag Drop
  • Flinch
  • Point Counter Instead of Kill Counter
  • JiP
  • Lack of True-Skill Rank

Removing stuff doesn’t mean things aren’t moving forward.

I’m sure Microsoft is to blame for much because they probably told 343 to make Halo like COD.

> Bungie removed dual-wielding for Halo 3 because they felt it took away from gameplay, so 343 should have no problem removing:
> - Sprint
> - AAs
> - Specializations
> - Support and Tactical Packages
> - Loadouts
> - Kill-Cams
> - PODs
> - Grenade Indicators
> <mark>- Redundant Weapons</mark>
> <mark>- Bloom on Precision Weapons (if not done already)</mark>
> - Auto Flag Pickup
> - No Flag Drop
> - Flinch
> - Point Counter Instead of Kill Counter
> - JiP
> - Lack of True-Skill Rank
>
> Removing stuff doesn’t mean things aren’t moving forward.
>
> I’m sure Microsoft is to blame for much because they probably told 343 to make Halo like COD.

Hey now, I have a soft spot for some redundant weapons :stuck_out_tongue: As for bloom, get rid of it altogether. Everything else I agree with.

Whoever makes the decision on how to design the multiplayer would be at fault. I’m pretty sure that’s 343i.

> Bungie removed dual-wielding for Halo 3 because they felt it took away from gameplay

Wait… they removed DW from H3? When did that happen? I must be playing a different Halo 3 to you.

You sure you’re not referring to Reach there?

I don’t think microsoft really has too much creative control. They just want something that’ll sell well and show off their technology.

Number of tittles, and possibly DLC can be somewhat laid at their door, but game mechanics are pretty much 343’s field.

> Bungie removed dual-wielding for Halo 3 because they felt it took away from gameplay, so 343 should have no problem removing:
> - Sprint
> - AAs
> - Specializations
> - Support and Tactical Packages
> - Loadouts
> - Kill-Cams
> - PODs
> - Grenade Indicators
> - Redundant Weapons
> - Bloom on Precision Weapons (if not done already)
> - Auto Flag Pickup
> - No Flag Drop
> - Flinch
> - Point Counter Instead of Kill Counter
> - JiP
> - Lack of True-Skill Rank
>
> Removing stuff doesn’t mean things aren’t moving forward.
>
> I’m sure Microsoft is to blame for much because they probably told 343 to make Halo like COD.

• Sprint: I have no problem with sprint, I don’t think it really takes anything away from gameplay
  • AAs: I believe AAs still have a place in Halo, they just need to be balanced to some degree (one time use per spawn?)
  • Specializations: What’s the problem with Specializations? I just think they need to be implemented better
  • Support and Tactical Packages: Yes, yes, and yes. I’ve been saying this for the longest time. They take away predicting your opponents moves.
  • Loadouts: I think loadouts just need to be dumbed down to primary weapon and maybe AAs.
  • Kill-Cams: I wouldn’t mind a final kill cam, but normal kill cams that reveal your sniping spot? No thanks
  • PODs:
  • Grenade Indicators: From personal experience, these very rarely help me out, but mainly because I have low reaction time. I don’t think they would affect me personally.
  • Redundant Weapons: Like?
  • Bloom on Precision Weapons (if not done already): Aboslutely I couldn’t stand Reach because of that.
  • Auto Flag Pickup: This was kind of a dumb feature. Maybe in game options but default? No.
  • No Flag Drop: Again should be a game option.
  • Flinch: Are you talking about when your scoped in, you don’t get knocked out of scope when you’re shot?
  • Point Counter Instead of Kill Counter: I never got that either. They both do the same purpose, so why the change?
  • JiP: I don’t really enjoy that either.
  • Lack of True-Skill Rank: A million times yes. It doesn’t have to be a Halo 3 ranking system, but we need some way to distinguish from each other.

Lol ummm Halo 3 was the last Halo game to have dual-wielding. It was removed in Reach, which it shouldn’t have been. Dual-wielding was totally fine. Just bads who can’t L2P.

And if the next Halos are going to follow Halo 4’s formula, then from here I can conclude that the Halo franchise is dead. GL getting 250k+ players in MM daily 343$oft.

> > Bungie removed dual-wielding for Halo 3 because they felt it took away from gameplay
>
> Wait… they removed DW from H3? When did that happen? I must be playing a different Halo 3 to you.
>
> You sure you’re not referring to Reach there?

Yes, my mistake!

> > Bungie removed dual-wielding for Halo 3 because they felt it took away from gameplay, so 343 should have no problem removing:
> > - Sprint
> > - AAs
> > - Specializations
> > - Support and Tactical Packages
> > - Loadouts
> > - Kill-Cams
> > - PODs
> > - Grenade Indicators
> > - Redundant Weapons
> > - Bloom on Precision Weapons (if not done already)
> > - Auto Flag Pickup
> > - No Flag Drop
> > - Flinch
> > - Point Counter Instead of Kill Counter
> > - JiP
> > - Lack of True-Skill Rank
> >
> > Removing stuff doesn’t mean things aren’t moving forward.
> >
> > I’m sure Microsoft is to blame for much because they probably told 343 to make Halo like COD.
>
> - Sprint: I have no problem with sprint, I don’t think it really takes anything away from gameplay
> - AAs: I believe AAs still have a place in Halo, they just need to be balanced to some degree (one time use per spawn?)
> - Specializations: What’s the problem with Specializations? I just think they need to be implemented better
> - Support and Tactical Packages: Yes, yes, and yes. I’ve been saying this for the longest time. They take away predicting your opponents moves.
> - Loadouts: I think loadouts just need to be dumbed down to primary weapon and maybe AAs.
> - Kill-Cams: I wouldn’t mind a final kill cam, but normal kill cams that reveal your sniping spot? No thanks
> - PODs:
> - Grenade Indicators: From personal experience, these very rarely help me out, but mainly because I have low reaction time. I don’t think they would affect me personally.
> - Redundant Weapons: Like?
> - Bloom on Precision Weapons (if not done already): Aboslutely I couldn’t stand Reach because of that.
> - Auto Flag Pickup: This was kind of a dumb feature. Maybe in game options but default? No.
> - No Flag Drop: Again should be a game option.
> - Flinch: Are you talking about when your scoped in, you don’t get knocked out of scope when you’re shot?
> - Point Counter Instead of Kill Counter: I never got that either. They both do the same purpose, so why the change?
> - JiP: I don’t really enjoy that either.
> - Lack of True-Skill Rank: A million times yes. It doesn’t have to be a Halo 3 ranking system, but we need some way to distinguish from each other.

I definitely want a sprint removed, which I doubt it will be.
I also feel AAs should be pick-ups at most, and everybody should start equally.
Final kill cam would be great; even better than none at all.
Grenade indicators aren’t a deal-breaker or anything.
Redundant weapons like having DMR and BR in one game, for example. The Promethean weapons as a whole are redundant. There are too many guns in Halo 4. Too clustered.
Both flag points should be options, yes, and removed from default.
For flinch, yes, that’s what I meant.

Bloom was THE most frustrating thing in Reach, if not all Halos. It was the cause of many rage fests of mine.

Let’s hope we don’t have to blame anyone.

> Let’s hope we don’t have to blame anyone.

I think OP meant Halo 4, but I could be wrong.

The blame will fall on 343. MS pretty much just tells them make a game that will sell.

> The blame will fall on 343. MS pretty much just tells them make a game that will sell.

I’d imagine that they would be keeping MS in the loop with the majority of their creative ideas.

MS would say something like: “The old formula is dead, we need something that would be able to compete with the modern shooters out there, and therefore be more inviting to strangers of the franchise…”
343i would most likely reply with: “Yeah, you’re right, maybe we need to spice things up a little”.

And that is how you get games like Halo 4. This is my assumption of the situation, due to the fact that when Neil Davidge was composing Halo 4, he needed to show off samples at a MS meeting to get the ‘ok’. Whether music and MP are treated the same way is unknown, but it would make sense.

> - Sprint: I have no problem with sprint, I don’t think it really takes anything away from gameplay

I think sprint broke a lot of things:

-The size of the maps have to be bigger.
-Spamming melee is easier.
-Hammer and Sword are easier with sprint.

I HATE sprint.

(Sorry for my english)

> > - Sprint: I have no problem with sprint, I don’t think it really takes anything away from gameplay
>
> I think sprint broke a lot of things:
>
> -The size of the maps have to be bigger.
> -Spamming melee is easier.
> -Hammer and Sword are easier with sprint.
>
> I HATE sprint.
>
> (Sorry for my english)

If they take out sprint then they need to ‘up’ the running speed. But there’s no excuse for a game to be like Halo:CE these days. Yes it was a great game, but it was VERY simple and very linear. Features give you more choice and having more choice/options in games these days is a necessity. So why don’t they just take sprint out from the MP component but leave that feature in the SP? It’s like the audience for Halo is so casual that adding in any kind of complexity in combat hurts their feelings. Let’s not dumb down games too much.

> If they take out sprint then they need to ‘up’ the running speed. But there’s no excuse for a game to be like Halo:CE these days. Yes it was a great game, but it was VERY simple and very linear. Features give you more choice and having more choice/options in games these days is a necessity. So why don’t they just take sprint out from the MP component but leave that feature in the SP? It’s like the audience for Halo is so casual that adding in any kind of complexity in combat hurts their feelings. Let’s not dumb down games too much.

IMO sptint should also be removed in the single player modes, let me explain: in Halo 3, when you are trying to escape from the Flood or the elites you had to be very smart, use your equipment and move wisely. Now you only have to run.

In halo 3 when you are trying to “hijack”? (i don’t know if its the right word, sorry) a wraith, you had to be very careful but now you can just run to it and press b.

And of course, if they ‘up’ the runnging speed i have zero problems with that if that doesn’t break the game.

Again, sorry for my english, i can’t explain myself properly because my english is very rusty. I hope you understand what im trying to say.

> > Let’s hope we don’t have to blame anyone.
>
> I think OP meant Halo 4, but I could be wrong.

Considering this is the Halo Xbox One forum and OP talks about the next Halo game, I think not.

> > > Let’s hope we don’t have to blame anyone.
> >
> > I think OP meant Halo 4, but I could be wrong.
>
> Considering this is the Halo Xbox One forum and OP talks about the next Halo game, I think not.

How can somebody be blamed for something that hasn’t even been unveiled yet, though?

> > > > Let’s hope we don’t have to blame anyone.
> > >
> > > I think OP meant Halo 4, but I could be wrong.
> >
> > Considering this is the Halo Xbox One forum and OP talks about the next Halo game, I think not.
>
> How can somebody be blamed for something that hasn’t even been unveiled yet, though?

Exactly. Thus my first post.