blam! description questions

sorry i just have a few questions, so i have maps that now show up as bad description, i used no vulgar words or any words that should or could be used in any copyright, the names stay fine but its the description that blams, The maps have been up for months nor have the maps been “hand blocked on bungie servers” Ie reported, my question is is it possible to get these maps unblammed as nothing in the descriptions SHOULD be blammed, I dont mind so much, the only thing that concerns me is will this effect download from fileshare numbers. I e will someone be able to play it from a friend and download it non directly from fileshare and still represent in my download numbers.

Some words are still considered spam words, they may not be vulgar but they can still be blocked due to many things.

One way would be to reserve certain words that only the company can use to tag maps, and others simply because they are suggestive.

good to know for future refence.

> Some words are still considered spam words, they may not be vulgar but they can still be blocked due to many things.

Spam? Hardly.

“Basic”, “epic”, “glitch”, and “mystery” aren’t spam words or offensive, and yet they’re still blocked. And words that are offensive are blocked using overly-basic pattern matching, causing innocent containing words (i.e. “ba-Yoink!-t”, grape", "S**-Yoink-**orthpe") to also be flagged. For heaven’s sake, even “Assault” is blocked and that’s the name of a built-in gametype! Spam isn’t the reason why Microsoft blocks these words. There is no reason why Microsoft blocks these words.

Now, to answer the OP’s question: lordcrusnik, your descriptions were changed to “BLAM” because Microsoft added yet another “obscenity” to the world’s most braindead filter. And because your descriptions contained that word, they were permanently altered to “BLAM”. You will need to delete and reupload the files, resetting your download and like counts in the process. You can feel free to try and contact Microsoft’s tech support, but the only response you’ll get is a nice, official “GL HF GG no re” from some oblivious call center operator reading off a script.

Oh, and there’s something you’ll need to watch out for when you try to come up with a new description: the filter blocks across words. “All skull__s ex__cept” in a Firefight description, for example, gets blocked.

> > Some words are still considered spam words, they may not be vulgar but they can still be blocked due to many things.
>
> Spam? Hardly.
>
> “Basic”, “epic”, “glitch”, and “mystery” aren’t spam words or offensive, and yet they’re still blocked. And words that are offensive are blocked using overly-basic pattern matching, causing innocent containing words (i.e. “ba-Yoink!-t”, grape", "S**Yoink!**orthpe") to also be flagged. For heaven’s sake, even “Assault” is blocked and that’s the name of a built-in gametype! Spam isn’t the reason why Microsoft blocks these words. There is no reason why Microsoft blocks these words.
>
> Now, to answer the OP’s question: lordcrusnik, your descriptions were changed to “BLAM” because Microsoft added yet another “obscenity” to the world’s most braindead filter. And because your descriptions contained that word, they were permanently altered to “BLAM”. You will need to delete and reupload the files, resetting your download and like counts in the process. You can feel free to try and contact Microsoft’s tech support, but the only response you’ll get is a nice, official “GL HF GG no re” from some oblivious call center operator reading off a script.
>
> Oh, and there’s something you’ll need to watch out for when you try to come up with a new description: the filter blocks across words. “All skull__s ex__cept” in a Firefight description, for example, gets blocked.

Better description is better, I agree. Some words are banned for no reason. Some words are just un-useable, for instance the name bungie in a name will be blammed out along with other words which I can’t remember.

> > S**Yoink!**orthpe"

…Seriously? XD Well, that sure proves my point.

well i have like 15 maps that im not reuploading lol, but i can deal with it as long as the download count isnt effected and by the looks of it, it isnt , so ya. but thats just insane that my maps have been up for ever and now blam! it makes me wonder if city was blam! because most of the ones that had city in description are now blam! ill try it out individually and see.