Black Undersuits (Oh, I know you wanna read this)!

Okay so. obviously popular opinion (myself included) says that black undersuits look better as shown here with colored undersuits and here with black undersuits.

Now that we’ve got that out of the way, some of you might be thinking, “Well, I don’t know. I kinda like the extra color,” which is totally fair, because that’s your opinion. However, many many people will look at both and think, “My God. The black undersuit looks so much better, and I have no idea why it’s not what we use.” Also fair.

Now, I’m gonna go ahead and propose an idea:

According to Halo Lore, some higher-ranking Spartans have the privileges of getting a customized black undersuit (Lookin’ at you, Sarah) at a high enough rank. So here’s my idea. Start out a recruit Spartan, SR 1. You’re not that important, surely not important enough to have an armory custom-create an undersuit for you. So now you’re stuck with that colored undersuit. So work your way up. and man, you’re really high up in the ranks now. Now there’s two ways you can go from here: Black undersuits can either be a checkpoint of some sort to encourage consistent play, but not no-lifing, OR it can be a symbol of prestige, that you can only get once you reach max rank, and seeing someone with a black undersuit is something you really want to strive for.

Idk, I think I’d like it either way, but it’d be cool to have an actual reward for hitting max level, but then again, hitting max level in this game is equivalent to playing for 130 days (of actual gameplay), so I could see it also being like 75 or 100, too. But at that point, have it a toggle-able ability in the customization menu, just in case you didn’t want them.

Ez fix.

I would love both

Too late to be an option and i doubt it’ll change in 6. Not a bad idea though. I always wondered what the fuss was about, but my main colour on my spartan is black so never noticed.

> 2533274860062662;3:
> Too late to be an option and i doubt it’ll change in 6. Not a bad idea though. I always wondered what the fuss was about, but my main colour on my spartan is black so never noticed.

It’s always a possibility for a new update, I mean, just changing a color’s texture. They already even have the suits, with Palmer’s black undersuit.

I’d personally rather not limit customization features behind a level wall?

I honestly would have never noticed this if it wasn’t brought up. People really like to nitpick

> 2533274821761464;6:
> I honestly would have never noticed this if it wasn’t brought up. People really like to nitpick

Believ it or not, quite a few people want a black undersuit option, enough that 343 tweeted about black undersuits in 2014.

> 2533274821761464;6:
> I honestly would have never noticed this if it wasn’t brought up. People really like to nitpick

What, colored undersuits? Because a massive amount of Halo fans have been angry about the removal of fully black undersuits from that game. and also the removal of any meaningful rewards. Everything (pretty much) is unlockable through REQ packs with like, two exceptions. It’d be cool to have something to look forward to that’s at a discernible spot to reach. Instead of sitting there and going, after a while, I might get this armor.

> 2533274881560701;5:
> I’d personally rather not limit customization features behind a level wall?

Don’t think of it as a “level wall”. Instead, think of it as a goal. You really want that armor without senselessly grinding for it. You want that undersuit, you have to get to a level or something, while the whole time you’re looking forward to achieving your goal.

Did you play Halo 3? Do you remember the scout helmet? I loved that helmet so much, and that helmet was gained by an achievement that you had to get in an early level. It wasn’t that hard, but I remember really wanting it, and wanting to work to get it.

Did you play Halo: Reach? I admit, Reach didn’t have a perfect customization system, but it was the best one so far, imo, and according to a lot of other people. That was because you actually had to work for your armors, whether it was through achievements or grinding for levels. It was good because it took time, and wasn’t focused on instant gratification, because you get the one armor you want, and then, there you go. That’s all you’re working for now. You’re set. Even though I didn’t like some of the customization options like armor effects and the max level helmet, it was still a goal. A goal that kept people around to play even after the gameplay kind of wore off.

Now 343 will reveal undersuit colors to be unlocked from REQ packs. Black undersuit is legendary.

What if you could toggle it from your perspective?

As in… I see black undersuits on my screen but the default choice would show them color suits.

> 2533274983213185;11:
> What if you could toggle it from your perspective?
>
> As in… I see black undersuits on my screen but the default choice would show them color suits.

As in, only you would see the black undersuit? I don’t quite understand why you’d want only you to see it instead of having it be unlockable, maybe I’m not understanding right rofl.

Yeah, this was a change from Halo 4 to 5 that I didn’t like. I think it looks good sometimes though, but when playing it looks like I’m running around with racing gloves.

> 2533275010793662;10:
> Now 343 will reveal undersuit colors to be unlocked from REQ packs. Black undersuit is legendary.

I wouldn’t hate this idea lol, since i’ve unlocked everything, but that’d be pretty lame.

That looks cool thanks for the link, I agree I definitely like the idea but doubt will see it change with new Halo 6.

Black undersuits are what separate Spartans from power Rangers.

> 2533274813239350;16:
> Black undersuits are what separate Spartans from power Rangers.

That is what i always think when i see colored suits thinking how amazing black suits are.

i doubt itll change. but id like if it did

> 2535442377964386;18:
> i doubt itll change. but id like if it did

At this point i hope for future updates or halo 6.

It would be nice to have a tertiary armor color option.