Black Screen of Death

i hate when it goes to the black screen in the middle of a game like lets say i have “jet pack” then it goes into black screen and when the game resumes i have “sprint” i hate how the game cant remember what armor ability i had last

You’re lucky you get an armor ability at all, when I go black screen I come out and don’t have one at all.

If Microsoft wasn’t so cheap they would use dedicated servers for Halo and black screen wouldn’t even exist.

Taking into consideration the billions of dollars that they make off of the Halo franchise(and the fact that it is their biggest franchise) it is actually kind of sad that they use crappy P2P connection.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

I have discovered something involving the black screen issue. Black screen happens when host migration takes place. When we play against a team that doesn’t have enough games played, or just one person, the system is trying to figure out the new players connection. It was so annoying that I stopped playing multiplayer with randoms. For the past month I would go in with 7 other friends to make a full party. We would play swat, team slayer, rumble pit, and team objective. After doing this I can’t remember the last time I or we, ever got a black screen. It’s because all of our connections went through the"trial period" to calculate connection speed. Try it sometime, you might be surprised.

EVIL!

I know what you mean, although it can happen in more serious cases.

Let’s take this game for example. Got a Perfection. :smiley:

However, it would’ve been better if there WASN’T a host migration. because I would’ve got a Running Riot. Remember, this game was yesterday, so I would’ve got a challenge as well, for quite a hefty amount, too.

i know it’s anoying but it’s better to have black screen and then a better connection then to put up with an awful connection through out the entire game.

Spire: LET’S ALL GO TO THE TOP OF THE SPIRE! Goes into ManCannon.

Host migration in mid air.

Free falling back to the ground.

Fuuu…

> Spire: LET’S ALL GO TO THE TOP OF THE SPIRE! Goes into ManCannon.
>
> Host migration in mid air.
>
> Free falling back to the ground.
>
>
> Fuuu…

no worries, just hi-jack that banshee that is flying under you … :wink:

I hate black screen because it resets my sprees.

> I hate black screen because it resets my sprees.

reads gamertag

lols

> > I hate black screen because it resets my sprees.
>
> reads gamertag
>
> lols

Yup I hate myself lol.

> I hate black screen because it resets my sprees.

Yeah if it’s not we lose our AA we lose our hard earned spree, WTF this dosent happen in say CoD when Migration appears. Whats even more BS is when migration happens 4 times or more, yet i know there is 1 player with 40mb upp(my buddy) and he dosent even get host, but all the people with dial up dose.
Heck my upload is not that bad 9 mb up but no host for me, i had more host games on my old 0.40 mb upload then on my 9 mb up.

Black screen is very annoying, but it can be helpful when reloading more ammo for that rocket, or another energy sword, but then again, who said that’s a good thing?

> Black screen is very annoying, but it can be helpful when reloading more ammo for that rocket, or another energy sword, but then again, who said that’s a good thing?

That’s what I truly hate about black screen, if a player forces black screen in big team battle, you can practically get an infinite supply of anything including vehicles.