Black Ops 2 May Be Cancelled; Good For Halo 4

Turns out Activision’s request to delay the trial 30 days has been denied. They’re going to be in trouble now. In a little under 2 weeks, we’ll find out if Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is cancelled or not (If Infinity Ward wins, Activisision cannot legally release Black Ops 2 or Modern Warfare 3 for that matter)

If Black Ops 2 is cancelled, that means Halo 4 will probably have a record breaking population

So guys, let’s all support Infinity Ward so we get rid of one more horrific game!

Where does that link state the possibility of cancellation?

Treyarch are making Black Ops 2… not Infinity Ward. This court case has NOTHING to do with Black Ops 2 or Treyarch. There is no chance of Blops 2 being cancelled. Sorry to disappoint you.

> Activisision cannot legally release Black Ops 2 or <mark>Modern Warfare 3</mark> for that matter)

What? Do you mean sell?

> Where does that link state the possibility of cancellation?

If Infinity Ward wins, Activision can not legally release Black Ops 2 to the public. And according to a lawyer I talked to, if Infinity Ward does indeed win, MW3 will also have problems

> > Where does that link state the possibility of cancellation?
>
> If Infinity Ward wins, Activision can not legally release Black Ops 2 to the public. And according to a lawyer I talked to, if Infinity Ward does indeed win, MW3 will also have problems

Other than the occasional forum post, I’ve heard nothing on this. Source plz?

That means we could not have a cod game for like 3years xmas may come early this year: )

> Where does that link state the possibility of cancellation?

The former heads of Infinity Ward actually own the rights to the Modern Warfare series, and the contract states that Treyarch cannot release a COD title that takes place beyond the Vietnam War. Thus, Black Ops 3 and MW3 would be considered violations of this contract.

> > Where does that link state the possibility of cancellation?
>
> The former heads of Infinity Ward actually own the rights to the Modern Warfare series, and the contract states that Treyarch cannot release a COD title that takes place beyond the Vietnam War. Thus, Black Ops 3 and MW3 would be considered violations of this contract.

THANK YOU!

The real question is, Do we want those Call of Duty players to all flock to halo? The Halo community will be ever worse which is hard to even fathom.

I don’t care.

Come on, guys. This doesn’t sound much like good news at all. A lot of people (not me) like that franchise and are looking forward to the next installment. People are putting hard work into getting the next installment made. It’d be kinda sad if all that work and interest went to waste.

> The real question is, Do we want those Call of Duty players to all flock to halo? The Halo community will be ever worse which is hard to even fathom.

This actually reminds me: Does anyone else here remember when some Halo 3’s player’s were running to COD4 because of the “immature population” of Halo 3? Oh, how times have changed.

But to answer to quoted question: It’s not a big difference between the two communities. You have your good players and bad players (obviously, I’m not referring to skill levels here). We’d likely see a boost in population numbers, but not a major shift in how often you encounter certain types of players, if that makes sense.

Mwahahahha…

CoD finally gets what it deserves!

This just proves how childish game companies are. (343i is beast however)

> > Activisision cannot legally release Black Ops 2 or <mark>Modern Warfare 3</mark> for that matter)
>
> What? Do you mean sell?

If they win, that means the release of Modern Warfare 3 was illegal and the Infinity Ward devs could shut down the online servers and get a fair share of the revenue it made from Activision if they so wanted.

They could also cancel the release of DLC maps upcoming for Modern Warfare 3 which would mean Activision would then have to compensate the ticked off CoD Elite Subscribers for their money for maps that wont get released

[deleted]

It’d be dissapointing for it not to be cancelled in my opinion, it looks horrible and like a pure scheme to grab some more money. I actually enjoyed the COD series when it was set more in the WW2 era, each game actually seemed to be a improvement in quality, graphics, and the multiplayer wasnt stale for the most part. But these past several releases seem to be the same thing over and over, and MW3’s story wasnt all that great, and the multiplayer is so unbalanced in all 3 Modern Warfares that its pitiful.

> Come on, guys. This doesn’t sound much like good news at all. A lot of people (not me) like that franchise and are looking forward to the next installment. People are putting hard work into getting the next installment made. It’d be kinda sad if all that work and interest went to waste.

Sad though it may be, I have to say I’m on the side of the former IW heads the IW Employee Group. Activision really screwed over a lot of people, and now they are paying for it. Hopefully, this will allow Treyarch to get out of Activisions shadow and develop a decent game.

But that’s me. I’m more worried about what could happen to Blizzard and it’s games/services as a result of the lawsuits, should IW win. If financial loses are great enough, Activision Blizzard could see some bad times ahead.

> The real question is, Do we want those Call of Duty players to all flock to halo? The Halo community will be ever worse which is hard to even fathom.

Honestly, I think the larger the population the better. This would help the trueskill system because there’d be more people at all skill levels. There would be far more even matches.

So really are you so fanboys that want other games to be cancelled and your gamme to be considered the best of the best either way you won’t be happy?