Black IS in! It's just called Steel.

I know this is an in-significant topic for most, but a lot of people have always wanted black as an armour colour, ever since CE.

In the newest Covenant Weapons trailer, there is a lot of evidence of black armour.

Here and here.

I know a lot of people who have played this game have confirmed it is called ‘Steel’. Call it whatever you want though, that is definitely the blackest steel we have ever had.

Yeah it’s really dark, I like that.

Really, because on my screen it looks just like any other steel. It’s not dark on my screen. It is more of a lighter black (somewhat dark grey).

I’m liking the look of that black and green

All i wear is steel in halo reach. I really just don’t like bright colors anymore. Like i use to love red but its just meh to me now.

> I’m liking the look of that black and green

I was going to go Black and Green. It’s the colours worn by Messengers of the forerunner council (not sure if you’ve read the books). That, or Black and Red (Forerunner Council security).

Pure black was what I always used in CE. Pretty exciting to see a version of steel this dark in Halo 4.

It’s darker than 3 or Reach, but not as dark as CE.

It just looks like the steel color from Reach.

It doesn’t look that dark to me. About the same as Reach’s.

Hooray, everybody and mother using black as usual. -_-

> It just looks like the steel color from Reach.

This and this are not the same.

Im trying to find a better Reach picture to compare it to.

> > It just looks like the steel color from Reach.
>
> This and this are not the same.
>
> Im trying to find a better Reach picture to compare it to.

Bad example. They look to be the same shade.

>

…Yes they are.

> > > It just looks like the steel color from Reach.
> >
> > This and this are not the same.
>
> …Yes they are.

This. Halo 4’s steel is not the darkest we’ve ever seen since CE. It’s pretty close to Reach’s.

> > > It just looks like the steel color from Reach.
> >
> > This and this are not the same.
> >
> > Im trying to find a better Reach picture to compare it to.
>
> Bad example. They look to be the same shade.

Hehe yeah, im trying to find a good reach example but am slowly giving up. Definitely look similar in shades, I’ll give you that. But, because of the new/different look of Halo 4, they don’t look identical. I still think Halo 4’s looks darker.

> > > > It just looks like the steel color from Reach.
> > >
> > > This and this are not the same.
> > >
> > > Im trying to find a better Reach picture to compare it to.
> >
> > Bad example. They look to be the same shade.
>
> Hehe yeah, im trying to find a good reach example but am slowly giving up. Definitely look similar in shades, I’ll give you that. But, because of the new/different look of Halo 4, they don’t look identical. I still think Halo 4’s looks darker.

The only difference is that the Spartan IV armor looks much smoother than the Spartan III armor.

Me gusta.

Only, I wish it were just a bit darker. It looks gray more than black.

BUT… at least it’s not a blue “steel” colour like it was in Reach. That was terrible. This looks like midway point between the Halo 2 “black” and Reach’s.

343i did say that the really “pastel” colour scheme from PAX was not the final colour scheme, though, and that they got a lot of feedback with regards to making it more colourful/richer and less “plasticy”. I hope they do!

>
>
> Im trying to find a better Reach picture to compare it to.

They are essentially the same color. The only difference if Reach steel is glossy and Halo 4 steel is matte/flat black or really dark grey matte.

> It just looks like the steel color from Reach.

It could be a tiny bit darker…