Black Armor

Well, not really. In reality, I’m white, but that’s not my point. My point is that there’s a small detail that I’d like to see in Halo 4: Black armor.

In Halo 3, the closest to black that you could get was gray. In Halo: Reach, same thing. In both, you couldn’t use a proper, jet black without using the Forced Color option in Custom Games. So, in Halo 4, if only to satisfy the players who want SpecOps-looking Spartans, black should be an option. Or, to satisfy everybody, just use a color wheel.

So far only Halo CE and Halo 3: ODST had Black as a color choice. I would like to see it return in Halo 4-6.

> So far only Halo CE and Halo 3: ODST had Black as a color choice. I would like to see it return in Halo 4-6.

And in ODST, colors only showed up on your chestplate and a stripe on your helmet.

A color wheel would be amazing.

> A color wheel would be amazing.

Yup - color wheel, definitely. I also like the option in the Mass Effect games to change the shine on your armor. You can make it matte or shiny - that’d be a cool addition

If Black was an available color, everyone would choose it. Much more than Dark Grey currently.

No.

But a color wheel? Yes.

I would like Black to come back. Steel isn’t the best substitute.

> If Black was an available color, everyone would choose it. Much more than Dark Grey currently.
>
> No.
>
> But a color wheel? Yes.

I wouldnt use black! I think the undersuit is all the black the armor needs.
I’m standard green! (or forest)

A colorwheel would be great. I would also like there to be an Iron Man/DeadSpace armor cutscene where either a team of engineers or some machine puts your selected armor on you and spray you down with paint!

not a fan of all black armor but to each his own. i like the color wheel idea or something like that

color wheel is the best solution

> > A color wheel would be amazing.
>
> Yup - color wheel, definitely. I also like the option in the Mass Effect games to change the shine on your armor. You can make it matte or shiny - that’d be a cool addition

Does Mass Effect have that? 'Cause that’s actually a cool idea. Matte, shiny, maybe a rugged, used look like in Reach or Halo 2

> > > A color wheel would be amazing.
> >
> > Yup - color wheel, definitely. I also like the option in the Mass Effect games to change the shine on your armor. You can make it matte or shiny - that’d be a cool addition
>
> Does Mass Effect have that?

No, only ME2 and ME3.

I thought Reach’s armor was close enough to black.

> > > > A color wheel would be amazing.
> > >
> > > Yup - color wheel, definitely. I also like the option in the Mass Effect games to change the shine on your armor. You can make it matte or shiny - that’d be a cool addition
> >
> > Does Mass Effect have that?
>
> No, only ME2 and ME3.

Ah. How many are there now?

> I thought Reach’s armor was close enough to black.

Not really. It just looked like nobody bothered to add color to it.

black would make me so happy, but a color wheel? even better

> black would make me so happy, but a color wheel? even better

Actually, have you ever seen the color selection in Soul Calibur V? Hue, Saturation, etc.?

Perfection.

> A color wheel would be amazing.

Agreed. Color wheel please.

If I remember correctly, Pure black was in both Halo 3 and Reach beta, and was widely over-used which I think was the reason it was removed in the final games.

By keeping black out of the players hands it inspires them if not forces them to pick another color. I think Bungie just wanted people to be more creative and not flood the online lobbies with full black. Or maybe it was to keep people from blending into dark areas on the map causing a huge disadvantage for everyone using other availabe colors.

Who knows, maybe 343 will let people use it.

> If I remember correctly, Pure black was in both Halo 3 and Reach beta, and was widely over-used which I think was the reason it was removed in the final games.
>
> By keeping black out of the players hands it inspires them if not forces them to pick another color. I think Bungie just wanted people to be more creative and not flood the online lobbies with full black. Or maybe it was to keep people from blending into dark areas on the map causing a huge disadvantage for everyone using other availabe colors.
>
> Who knows, maybe 343 will let people use it.

Everything has it’s pros and cons. Black might be good in darker maps, but in arctic-themed ones…

I think a colour wheel would be great, I liked playing against my friends on Halo CE with black armor,I hope 343 includes a colour wheel with a black option =)