Bison, banished turret, invis bunkers, colossus

Ill keep it short…

Serinas Bison animation… please fix
Banished turret build animation… please fix
Johnson Romulan bunker cloak… please fix

These animation glitches are starting to make me cringe… esapecially the bunker bug

And finally, make the Colossus good. Remove its stomp and give it to the mantis… (Makes more sense canon wise and game mechanics wise). Give colossus a small buff and give them a new upgrade… something like a snipe mode or even just a H.E.A.T ammo round or something. One of reasons why they are bad is because unlike other T3 “tanks” they dont have a viable upgrade at all.

It’s absolutely rediculous that they haven’t fixed the bunkers yet. It’s very frustrating. Especially because Johnson is horrible enough as he is…

“Johnson Romulan Bunker” might be my new favorite thing.

Colossus just need to get totally revamped, or removed. They might be the worst unit right now (for cost and effectiveness).

If they can’t be made better, just give him tanks. Right now, he lacks a T3 vehicle.

Johnson Leader point order
T1: Restoration Drones
T2: Pelican Transport
T3: EMP Mac or Pelican 2
T4: Mech Overcharge
T5: Combat Salvage
Post T5: Digging in Deep, Restoration Drones, Pelican 2, Mech Overcharge 2, or EMP 1/2. Depends how things look in the current match.

Use pelican transport to drop onto an unsuspecting enemy army, use mac blast to stun, then stomp. Overcharge if they drop a leader power or have anti-units. Use restoration drones + Johnson’s heal beacon simultaneously for greater survivability. Pelican transport cooldown is real quick, can use every 2 minutes I think. If you can catch an army ads its gathering, this will prove highly fatal with the combination of laser painting and the emp’s damage buff for mechs. Overcharge should only be used in emergencies.

Animations, yes
I don’t think giving the stomp to the mantis should be brought back as an argument though, why can’t the bigger robot have stomp? haha
Just because the Mantis has it, doesn’t mean they need it, does it?
There was a reason why they nerfed it, and its because their synergy with Mech Overcharge really pumped their viability, because that is how they would get stomps in.
Mech Overcharge Activates, they bring them to the player’s army (Or even worse, their base) and go ham with all that damage and stun.
Mantis, I agree, should have an upgrade, but giving them Stomp would just a be a poor excuse at this point, I mean, we already have them right? That huge health pool made it possible to play these Gundams in different ways, might as well try them out right? You never know what you’ll find.

People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?

> 2533274843762975;7:
> People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?

Probably not. I mean, at least locust can defend themselves with their main weapon if air units attack them. What do Colossi get? A chain gun.

> 2533274919601441;8:
> > 2533274843762975;7:
> > People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?
>
> Probably not. I mean, at least locust can defend themselves with their main weapon if air units attack them. What do Colossi get? A chain gun.

Does a scorpion defend itself from air well? What about a wraith or a grizzly?

> 2533274843762975;7:
> People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?

Colossus, and Johnson himself, aren’t that bad. He’s certainly not a top tier leader, but he ain’t bad.

I don’t play as him all that often, but I do play him from time to time, and I have beaten many top teams while using him. Who of course were using the top leaders, lol.

The Mantis is, in my opinion, the best core vehicle in the game, rivalled by only the Flame Hog with Redline. With its upgrades, the Mantis is an awesome unit. The shields in conjunction with the designator and missiles trumps almost all T1/T2 units.

The Colossus could use some love, but I think it’s pretty solid. Once you build up 4+ of them, and are able to keep them at a safe distance, they’re able to drop almost all ground forces rather quickly. This is made better with the Mantis’ designator and the double heal from restoration drones/Johnson heal. I find the trick with them is to take advantage of high ground and do your best to keep your distance. Their stomp upgrade is probably the most useless upgrade in the game. If you’re floating power, pick it up, but I wouldn’t ever recommend getting it.

Johnson shines in the late, at least, that’s what’s I’ve noticed. My main forces consist of Mantis, Colossus, Johnson, Wolves, and Snipers. Keep the Mantis up front, Wolves/Johnson in the middle, Colossus in the back, and put the Snipers in a bunker whenever you’re in combat. PT can be used for quick mobility around the map, EMP blast is still very powerful against vehicle/air focused armies, mech overcharge to negate leader powers/help win battles, and combat salvage for obvious reasons. You’re also able to farm power off a base for your teammates using his ultimate ability.

Torslly my opinion, though :p.

> 2533274843762975;9:
> > 2533274919601441;8:
> > > 2533274843762975;7:
> > > People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?
> >
> > Probably not. I mean, at least locust can defend themselves with their main weapon if air units attack them. What do Colossi get? A chain gun.
>
> Does a scorpion defend itself from air well? What about a wraith or a grizzly?

Well, you compared it to locusts, so I compared it to locusts. All the tanks should be able to shoot air with their main cannon, but have like a reduced accuracy. I can’t say much on the subject because I don’t play Johnson much, or at all, really. Which is weird, considering I play Colony, and they seem like they’re supposed to be counterparts. The times I have played Johnson in multiplayer have been pretty bad.

> 2533274807562680;5:
> Johnson Leader point order
> T1: Restoration Drones
> T2: Pelican Transport
> T3: EMP Mac or Pelican 2
> T4: Mech Overcharge
> T5: Combat Salvage
> Post T5: Digging in Deep, Restoration Drones, Pelican 2, Mech Overcharge 2, or EMP 1/2. Depends how things look in the current match.
>
> Use pelican transport to drop onto an unsuspecting enemy army, use mac blast to stun, then stomp. Overcharge if they drop a leader power or have anti-units. Use restoration drones + Johnson’s heal beacon simultaneously for greater survivability. Pelican transport cooldown is real quick, can use every 2 minutes I think. If you can catch an army ads its gathering, this will prove highly fatal with the combination of laser painting and the emp’s damage buff for mechs. Overcharge should only be used in emergencies.

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard this and I am definitely not sold. How is using 2-3 leader powers, just to get a T3 vehicles’ Y ability to work, an effective solution? Also, even if you drop them in, you have to select all units, move to the Colossus’, select which unit/units you want to stomp, then wait 12 (sarcasm) seconds for them to actually wind up and do it??? Yeah seems like a lot of wasted time, resources, and years off of anyone’s life just to stomp one unit and then get ravaged by the remaining army…

“Johnson Romulan bunker cloak… please fix”

You have no idea how top tier this statement is.

> 2533274919601441;11:
> > 2533274843762975;9:
> > > 2533274919601441;8:
> > > > 2533274843762975;7:
> > > > People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?
> > >
> > > Probably not. I mean, at least locust can defend themselves with their main weapon if air units attack them. What do Colossi get? A chain gun.
> >
> > Does a scorpion defend itself from air well? What about a wraith or a grizzly?
>
> Well, you compared it to locusts, so I compared it to locusts. All the tanks should be able to shoot air with their main cannon, but have like a reduced accuracy. I can’t say much on the subject because I don’t play Johnson much, or at all, really. Which is weird, considering I play Colony, and they seem like they’re supposed to be counterparts. The times I have played Johnson in multiplayer have been pretty bad.

I only said it had similar range to a locust which is where it’s advantage is. Imagine having close to the DPS and armor of a scorpion tank, the range of a locusts, and a close range stun ability that also does quite a bit of damage. The colosus is an extremely good vehicle and it deserves more love than it gets.

> 2533274843762975;14:
> > 2533274919601441;11:
> > > 2533274843762975;9:
> > > > 2533274919601441;8:
> > > > > 2533274843762975;7:
> > > > > People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?
> > > >
> > > > Probably not. I mean, at least locust can defend themselves with their main weapon if air units attack them. What do Colossi get? A chain gun.
> > >
> > > Does a scorpion defend itself from air well? What about a wraith or a grizzly?
> >
> > Well, you compared it to locusts, so I compared it to locusts. All the tanks should be able to shoot air with their main cannon, but have like a reduced accuracy. I can’t say much on the subject because I don’t play Johnson much, or at all, really. Which is weird, considering I play Colony, and they seem like they’re supposed to be counterparts. The times I have played Johnson in multiplayer have been pretty bad.
>
> I only said it had similar range to a locust which is where it’s advantage is. Imagine having close to the DPS and armor of a scorpion tank, the range of a locusts, and a close range stun ability that also does quite a bit of damage. The colosus is an extremely good vehicle and it deserves more love than it gets.

The problem with Colossi are that they’re slower, cost more, and take longer to build than Grizzlies, while using more pop than Scorpions, and the nerf to Combat Salvage makes losing them more expensive. Also, when given an attack order, they walk right up to the target, so you can’t select targets if you want to use their range. Since they’re supposed to be siege units, and he already has siege turrets as a power (the second point should drop 2 turrets IMO), I think it should replace the Kodiak while still being at T3. Replace Stomp with a lockdown ability that grants extra range and maybe RoF to fix the aforementioned targeting issue, and give Mantis stomp instead. That way Johnson can have a ram-like ability more similar to Warthogs and Choppers, while Colossi can deploy and snipe targets with precision. And since he still has Scorpions, he can still have an armored front-line at T3 like every other leader.

> 2533274843762975;14:
> > 2533274919601441;11:
> > > 2533274843762975;9:
> > > > 2533274919601441;8:
> > > > > 2533274843762975;7:
> > > > > People are always saying that the colosus is terrible. Has anyone noticed that the range buff they got a while back gives them locusts range?
> > > >
> > > > Probably not. I mean, at least locust can defend themselves with their main weapon if air units attack them. What do Colossi get? A chain gun.
> > >
> > > Does a scorpion defend itself from air well? What about a wraith or a grizzly?
> >
> > Well, you compared it to locusts, so I compared it to locusts. All the tanks should be able to shoot air with their main cannon, but have like a reduced accuracy. I can’t say much on the subject because I don’t play Johnson much, or at all, really. Which is weird, considering I play Colony, and they seem like they’re supposed to be counterparts. The times I have played Johnson in multiplayer have been pretty bad.
>
> I only said it had similar range to a locust which is where it’s advantage is. Imagine having close to the DPS and armor of a scorpion tank, the range of a locusts, and a close range stun ability that also does quite a bit of damage. The colosus is an extremely good vehicle and it deserves more love than it gets.

I get it. I’d love if Johnson were more viable overall. I love it when I do play as him because I’m walking around with an army of friggin Gundams. Who doesn’t want that? It’s friggin awesome.

While I agree with most of of what you brought up, I would have to disagree with you on the colossus not being a viable tier 3 vehicle. It is great heavy vehicle when used in pairs and mixed in groups of wolverines and marines. Even better when when in control of the high ground or sniping from behind your army. I agree that the stomp upgrade on the colossus is a bit irritating, I do find it useful in conjuncture w/ the EMP Mac and overdrive. Other than that I agree with every thing else.