Binary Rifle delay

Granted, it is a power weapon of epic proportions, hit a pinky and the entire enemy disentigrates, other power weapons however have some limits.

Beam Rifle can overheat, Spartan Laser and Rail Gun must be charged before shooting, rockets travel very slowly. Sniper rifle is a two shot kill weapon if it’s not a headshot and needs to be reloaded.

The Binary rifle does have a small clip, but so does the Rail Gun.

So what if there was a delay between pressing the trigger and firing the shot?

During the “delay”, you wouldn’t be able to change weapons to abort the shot.

The player wouldn’t have to hold the trigger either like with the Rail Gun and the Spartan Laser.

Another thing that also could be implemented could be that it will only register the trigger pull if the reticule is red.

So in order to kill someone with the Binary Rifle, you’d have to be aiming at the target, press the trigger and then wait for the weapon to fire.

The delay shouldn’t be that long, enough to give the targets a heads up of what’s happening.

What do you think?

Binary Rifle is fine. It doesn’t need changes.

A mechanic like the Sniper in TF2 would be cool for the Binary Rifle.
Basically, when you’re scoped in, the shot charges. As you let the shot charge for longer, it would do more damage. Instead of making the weapon super random when unscoped, it could just do a lot less damage. A quickscoped headshot could be an instant kill, a quickscoped bodyshot being a 2-shot, and a fully-charged shot anywhere being an instant kill.

This gives the weapon some depth while actually balancing out that scope laser.

> Binary Rifle is fine. It doesn’t need changes.

Could you elaborate on that?

> A mechanic like the Sniper in TF2 would be cool for the Binary Rifle.
> Basically, when you’re scoped in, the shot charges. As you let the shot charge for longer, it would do more damage. Instead of making the weapon super random when unscoped, it could just do a lot less damage. A quickscoped headshot could be an instant kill, a quickscoped bodyshot being a 2-shot, and a fully-charged shot anywhere being an instant kill.
>
> This gives the weapon some depth while actually balancing out that scope laser.

I’m guessing that you have to hold a button to scope?

Or is it toggable?

Does also sound like a good idea.

What about the proposed delay and forced red reticule then?

Binary Rifle is fine the way it is. Laser gives the users position away when scoped, inaccurate when not scoped, and has 2 rounds per clip. It doesn’t need mechanics that will nerf it to hell.

> Binary Rifle is fine. It doesn’t need changes.

Agreed. It’s a more powerful UNSC sniper, with the disadvantage of a giant red laser showing across the map.

The Binary requires no changes for a few reasons.

-Holds only 2 shots before reloading and there is a slight almost abrupt pause between shots which is difficult to time, at least for me it is…
-Total ammo capacity is small.
-When zoomed in your position is given away (assuming you’re not aiming at the wall and using the peripheral to look around).

It’s a terrifically powerful weapon, but limited in use. And to my knowledge/experience, it doesn’t do a lot of damage to vehicles, unlike the Sniper Rifle.

Unfortunately it does the most damage/shot either for vehicle and infantry.
It’s fine since the two huge laser sights.
Inaccurate when fired from the “hip”.
2 shot/mag, biggest delay and recoil between shots.
It’s really rare.

It’s only really dangerous if you encounter someone who is a good at quick scopes. Then you should fear because this orange beast leaves nothing but digital spheres from you.

> Binary Rifle is fine the way it is. <mark>Laser gives the users position away when scoped</mark>, inaccurate when not scoped, and has 2 rounds per clip. It doesn’t need mechanics that will nerf it to hell.

> > Binary Rifle is fine. It doesn’t need changes.
>
> Agreed. It’s a more powerful UNSC sniper, with the disadvantage of a giant <mark>red laser showing across the map.</mark>

> The Binary requires no changes for a few reasons.
>
> -Holds only 2 shots before reloading and there is a slight almost abrupt pause between shots which is difficult to time, at least for me it is…
> -Total ammo capacity is small.
> -When zoomed in your position is given away (assuming you’re not aiming at the wall and using the peripheral to look around).
>
> It’s a terrifically powerful weapon, but limited in use. And to my knowledge/experience, it doesn’t do a lot of damage to vehicles, unlike the Sniper Rifle.

The laser is easily hidden untill the last second.

With a good position can the player aim at a rock nearby to hide the laser from the rest of the map while still having view in the corner of the screen for a quick reflex aim and trigger pull.

Another way is to have another weapon, use “binoculars” or the weapon’s scope, then quickly change weapons and fire.

Players with lasers doesn’t aim at the target untill the last second when charging because it gives away what you’re doing.

Two shots are quite a lot actually.
Standard is 6 bullets, with the ammo perk it’s more
As for laser, look above.

> > A mechanic like the Sniper in TF2 would be cool for the Binary Rifle.
> > Basically, when you’re scoped in, the shot charges. As you let the shot charge for longer, it would do more damage. Instead of making the weapon super random when unscoped, it could just do a lot less damage. A quickscoped headshot could be an instant kill, a quickscoped bodyshot being a 2-shot, and a fully-charged shot anywhere being an instant kill.
> >
> > This gives the weapon some depth while actually balancing out that scope laser.
>
> I’m guessing that you have to hold a button to scope?
>
> Or is it toggable?
>
> Does also sound like a good idea.
>
> What about the proposed delay and forced red reticule then?

You press the scope button, and it stays in scope. You can see a demonstration of what I’m explaining here.

> > Binary Rifle is fine the way it is. <mark>Laser gives the users position away when scoped</mark>, inaccurate when not scoped, and has 2 rounds per clip. It doesn’t need mechanics that will nerf it to hell.
>
>
>
> > > Binary Rifle is fine. It doesn’t need changes.
> >
> > Agreed. It’s a more powerful UNSC sniper, with the disadvantage of a giant <mark>red laser showing across the map.</mark>
>
>
>
> > The Binary requires no changes for a few reasons.
> >
> > -Holds only 2 shots before reloading and there is a slight almost abrupt pause between shots which is difficult to time, at least for me it is…
> > -Total ammo capacity is small.
> > -When zoomed in your position is given away (assuming you’re not aiming at the wall and using the peripheral to look around).
> >
> > It’s a terrifically powerful weapon, but limited in use. And to my knowledge/experience, it doesn’t do a lot of damage to vehicles, unlike the Sniper Rifle.
>
> The laser is easily hidden untill the last second.
>
> With a good position can the player aim at a rock nearby to hide the laser from the rest of the map while still having view in the corner of the screen for a quick reflex aim and trigger pull.
>
> Another way is to have another weapon, use “binoculars” or the weapon’s scope, then quickly change weapons and fire.
>
> Players with lasers doesn’t aim at the target untill the last second when charging because it gives away what you’re doing.
>
> Two shots are quite a lot actually.
> Standard is 6 bullets, with the ammo perk it’s more
> As for laser, look above.

Re-read what I said about the laser… particularly the part where I typed (assuming you’re not aiming at the wall and using the peripheral to look around).

> > > A mechanic like the Sniper in TF2 would be cool for the Binary Rifle.
> > > Basically, when you’re scoped in, the shot charges. As you let the shot charge for longer, it would do more damage. Instead of making the weapon super random when unscoped, it could just do a lot less damage. A quickscoped headshot could be an instant kill, a quickscoped bodyshot being a 2-shot, and a fully-charged shot anywhere being an instant kill.
> > >
> > > This gives the weapon some depth while actually balancing out that scope laser.
> >
> > I’m guessing that you have to hold a button to scope?
> >
> > Or is it toggable?
> >
> > Does also sound like a good idea.
> >
> > What about the proposed delay and forced red reticule then?
>
> You press the scope button, and it stays in scope. You can see a demonstration of what I’m explaining here.

Youtube doesn’t want to work for me.

But I think I understood.

> Re-read what I said about the laser… particularly the part where I typed (assuming you’re not aiming at the wall and using the peripheral to look around).

I read it, and from my experience, very very few players put up a fancy laser show. Neither do I.

The laser is more or less pointless because it’s easily hidden.

It’s also not that rare.

I don’t know what kind of game do you play but the Binary Rifle is completely fine. If you got killed by it too much, then start playing smarter. This game currently had bigger problems (sadly…) than this. The charge will slows the game too much in my option, which means more camp, more DMR fest and less fun.

The effective use of the Binary Rifle is takes some skill and your situational awareness needs to be on the top on par with your map knowledge. I’ve destroyed dozens of Binary users because they stayed dumbly on the open too much or wondering around with that huge laser enabled.

Any kind of sniper kills you in this game. If somebody really try to take you out, then he/she will aim at your head. A Binary Rifle shot does not do more damage to infantry than a Sniper head shot. You gonna die anyway. The only difference is a regular sniper head shot takes more time for a causal player than a Binary into a chest.

Also a shot from a Binary Rifle is easily noticeable. The orange light that came after the bullet (hit-scan btw) is longs for 0.5-1 second period of time. Basically a stationary Binary rifle user does not last long for 2 maximum 3 shots.

Is it takes skill to get a kill with a Binary Rifle? No.
Is it takes skill to be efficient with it? Yes.

TL;DR Binary is fine.

Doesn’t the Binary Rifle have Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism totally turned off as well? Or set much lower than other precision weapons? The weapon itself is fine. Most players who use it stay scoped in the entire time giving themselves away. Like others have already said in this thread smart players don’t stay scoped in, those are the ones you have to watch for. I always use my other weapon to scope in to see what targets might be out there before I switch to the Binary.

> Doesn’t the Binary Rifle have Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism totally turned off as well? Or set much lower than other precision weapons? The weapon itself is fine. Most players who use it stay scoped in the entire time giving themselves away. Like others have already said in this thread smart players don’t stay scoped in, those are the ones you have to watch for. I always use my other weapon to scope in to see what targets might be out there before I switch to the Binary.

The only time the Binary Rifle doesn’t have a red reticle is when it’s not scoped in.

> <mark>I’m guessing that you have to hold a button to scope?</mark>
> <mark>Or is it toggable?</mark>
>
> Does also sound like a good idea.
>
> What about the proposed delay and forced red reticule then?

Technically its both. If you click the zoom button/stick, you stay zoomed in. If you hold the zoom button/stick (for at leased half a sec.), you stay zoomed in until you let it go

> Unfortunately it does the most damage/shot either for vehicle and infantry.
> It’s fine since the two huge laser sights.
> Inaccurate when fired from the “hip”.
> 2 shot/mag, biggest delay and recoil between shots.
> It’s really rare.
>
> It’s only really dangerous if you encounter someone who is a good at quick scopes. Then you should fear because this orange beast leaves nothing but digital spheres from you.

Yes, I enjoy the odd multi-kill here and there with it :slight_smile:

> Doesn’t the Binary Rifle have Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism totally turned off as well? Or set much lower than other precision weapons? The weapon itself is fine. Most players who use it stay scoped in the entire time giving themselves away. Like others have already said in this thread smart players don’t stay scoped in, those are the ones you have to watch for. <mark>I always use my other weapon to scope in to see what targets might be out there before I switch to the Binary.</mark>

Dude…your expelled from our secret sect…no more secret handshakes for you!

Come on its not like you see this weapon enough to have to worry about it.

The binary rifle is fine as is i mean come on you can even see where the person is shooting from because of the red beam it shows when they are scoped with it.

Its next to impossible to get snapshots with it.

It has a 2 shot mag.

Leave this gun be.