Bill Gates stepped down...

This isn’t a leak or rumor, it’s been made official and announced even on youtube.

In another article, it mentions that this new CEO thinks eventually Xbox will branch away as it’s own company. Interesting.

Here’s to change…Link

Didn’t Bill Gates steal the idea of Windows from Steve Jobs? No offense intended to Bill Gates…

> Didn’t Bill Gates steal the idea of Windows from Steve Jobs? No offense intended to Bill Gates…

“Apple licensed some aspects of the Macintosh operating system to Microsoft so they could develop their Windows operating system. Apple took Microsoft to court as they felt that they had taken more than the licensing agreement allowed for. It was subsequently found that Microsoft had used some of Apple’s programming for their Quicktime software in their own Media Player. These disputes were resolved after several years and the two companies agreed to be more cooperative.”

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

> This isn’t a leak or rumor, it’s been made official and announced even on youtube.
>
> In another article, it mentions that this new CEO thinks eventually Xbox will branch away as it’s own company. Interesting.
>
> Here’s to change…Link

Xbox will still belong to Microsoft, basically what he is saying is that xbox could survive on its own without Microsoft needing to look after it. It’s like Audi being owned by Volkswagen, Audi can look after it’s self without the need of VW :slight_smile:

Uh, Bill Gates stepped down 15 years ago.

> Uh, Bill Gates stepped down 15 years ago.

Bill gates, I think was still CEO but the company could run without his help so he has done other things like charity work. It’s only until now he has retired and left the company :slight_smile:

Bill gates stepped down as CEO a long time ago. it is Steve Ballmer that is stepping down as CEO.

Later in the Article it states that Gates is going to be the Founder and Technology Adviser.

He’s not going Anywhere!

> Bill gates stepped down as CEO a long time ago. it is Steve Ballmer that is stepping down as CEO.
>
> Later in the Article it states that Gates is going to be the Founder and Technology Adviser.
>
> He’s not going Anywhere!

I guess I was wrong lol :slight_smile:

> > Bill gates stepped down as CEO a long time ago. it is Steve Ballmer that is stepping down as CEO.
> >
> > Later in the Article it states that Gates is going to be the Founder and Technology Adviser.
> >
> > He’s not going Anywhere!
>
> I guess I was wrong lol :slight_smile:

LOL, it even says Steve Ballmer later in the article

> Bill gates stepped down as CEO a long time ago. it is Steve Ballmer that is stepping down as CEO.
>
> Later in the Article it states that Gates is going to be the Founder and Technology Adviser.
>
> He’s not going Anywhere!

^Exactly this^
And yes, no matter how old Bill is, he is not gonna leave MS, anytime soon.

> Uh, Bill Gates stepped down 15 years ago.

And here I was starting to question myself. :3

Thank for clearing that up.

So I am wrong I see. Guess I need to improve my attention to detail when running on fumes and 3.5 hours of sleep then an open to close shift :frowning: I knew he wasn’t LEAVING Microsoft but instead stepping down as Chairman and letting the (forgot name) guy take over it. The Article(s) had me thinking Bill was stepping down, not Steve Ballmer.

Well, this looks promising regardless :slight_smile:

Bill Gates retired a long time ago.

Steve Ballmer going away is a wonderful thing. He has had a hand in every bad decision Microsoft made his entire time as CEO. I hope we get a more competent CEO in Microsoft at least.

Plus this isn’t news, he announced he would retire a few months ago I believe.

Yeah yeah…I get it…lol

Interesting article.

I also found this article interesting about Microsoft’s new CEO.

> Interesting article.
>
> I also found this article interesting about Microsoft’s new CEO.

Yep. I think the Xbox has only turned a profit twice in the brand lifetime (one of these times was during Halo 3 of course).