Biggest request for halo 4

I don’t know about y’all, but one of my biggest complaints about the Halo series is that during online multiplayer, players can’t join during games. I want to kill myself every time the game loads and half of the other team quits. There is literally nothing more frustrating than waiting for five minutes while the server finds a new host, then having to run around the map for fifteen minutes killing one or two guys. Is this something that can be fixed in Halo 4, or am I just going to have to deal with it for the rest of my Halo career?

Vice versa, to those joining games that are nearly done, or one team severely dominating. It would just be much better to solve the quitting problem, which doesn’t have to punish those that actually had to do something …

I’m sure there’s another way, but not joining games already in session like cod.

I for one am glad they have not added mid game joining. I hate those games in cod were you join and you have no chance of winning. A lot of experience or credits in halo are also attributed to whether or not you win. Joining into a game mid game strays away from that aspect. I think that if they did add mid game joining, then they would have to alter their credits/ experience/ whatever system they use to accommodate to that. However, I believe that by not adding mid game joining, they are keeping the halo independence about it. I believe there should just be more incentive to not quit. The ban-hammer raised or maybe even something else. I just think there should be more penalties for quitting to help stop the incentive to quit in the first place. now I do understand that things happen and you disconnect for some legit reason, but in the end those cases are probably rare and few.

> Biggest request for halo 4.

looks down
looks back up
“Oh Yeah.”

Good request one time my whole entire team quit and it was just me I didn’t want to quit i just leveled up to 11 (this is in halo 3) then they have shot guns and gravity hammers so then the game ends OH GREAT I’M A 10 AGAIN! I got demoted :open_mouth:

Think the competative or ranked or what ever they are going to call it should stay as is. most people go into those games don’t quit.
But in the social game list then allow players to leave or join midgame?

> I don’t know about y’all, but one of my biggest complaints about the Halo series is that during online multiplayer, players can’t join during games. I want to kill myself every time the game loads and half of the other team quits. There is literally nothing more frustrating than waiting for five minutes while the server finds a new host, then having to run around the map for fifteen minutes killing one or two guys. Is this something that can be fixed in Halo 4, or am I just going to have to deal with it for the rest of my Halo career?

That is your biggest wish?

I don’t know whether to laugh at this idea as a top priority, or laugh at you for thinking mid-match joining trumps the following:
Full map editor
Ranked playlists
DLC armor
Multiplayer theater
Removal of full time infection, griffball playlists
Disallowing party chat
Disallowing guests/splitscreen
Armor lock removal
Grenade nerfing

> Think the competative or ranked or what ever they are going to call it should stay as is. most people go into those games don’t quit.
> But in the social game list then allow players to leave or join midgame?

Ranked playlists, should force people to stay in game until the end of the game or end game lobby, and social playlists should let you join and leave midgame.

> > Think the competative or ranked or what ever they are going to call it should stay as is. most people go into those games don’t quit.
> > But in the social game list then allow players to leave or join midgame?
>
> Ranked playlists, should force people to stay in game until the end of the game or end game lobby, and social playlists should let you join and leave midgame.

No. Leave that crap in COD.

> That is your biggest wish?
>
> I don’t know whether to laugh at this idea as a top priority, or laugh at you for thinking mid-match joining trumps the following:
> Full map editor Good
> Ranked playlists Good
> DLC armor Only if we don’t have to pay
> Multiplayer theater ?
> Removal of full time infection, griffball playlists No
> Disallowing party chat No
> Disallowing guests/splitscreen Only in actual ranked games
> Armor lock removal Good
> Grenade nerfing Eh

Decent maps. I miss the classic arena style map.

Sorry Reach, but the maps were dreadful.

From what FOC and co have said about the maps though…looking promising.

Last night, i played a match where we were down by 15 kills at one point. We regained map control, turned the tide and took the lead. The enemy team started dropping out, one by one.

This is the simple beauty of the quitting system in Halo. quitting means admitting your defeat in the most destructive of ways.

What if three completely different and more skilled people hopped into the game? we would be robbed of our victory, and they would have a one minute game. nobody would enjoy it.

Also, with players swapping all the time, the possibility exists that two different teams fight over the final minutes than over the first minute. In that case, if a team wins, did it really win? Or did their predecessors win the match for them?

It’s gimmicky, it’s never been in Halo before, and never should be. It also defeats any purpose of being competitive. You want CoD drop in drop out? Play CoD.

For Reach/H4 They should make the quit ban more severe instead, that worsens for every quit.

in one day:
1 quit = no penalty
2 quits = 10 minute ban
3 quits = 30 minute ban

Also, quit bans should carry on to the next day, decreasing one or two ranks,for example.

Second day, first day had three quits:
1 quit = 10 minutes ban
2 quits = 30 minute ban
3 quits = 45 minute ban

Etc. Someone that quits frequently gets an additional permanent penalty, making every first quit result in a 30 minute ban. If they somehow keep quitting, the week bans and permabans can come in.

> > I don’t know about y’all, but one of my biggest complaints about the Halo series is that during online multiplayer, players can’t join during games. I want to kill myself every time the game loads and half of the other team quits. There is literally nothing more frustrating than waiting for five minutes while the server finds a new host, then having to run around the map for fifteen minutes killing one or two guys. Is this something that can be fixed in Halo 4, or am I just going to have to deal with it for the rest of my Halo career?
>
> That is your biggest wish?
>
> I don’t know whether to laugh at this idea as a top priority, or laugh at you for thinking mid-match joining trumps the following:
> Full map editor
> Ranked playlists
> DLC armor
> Multiplayer theater
> Removal of full time infection, griffball playlists
> Disallowing party chat
> Disallowing guests/splitscreen
> Armor lock removal
> Grenade nerfing

I exaggerated a bit on wanting this as top priority, obviously better map editing and deletion of armor lock is more important. But closed servers is one of the things I hate most about Halo, and I would fix that before most of the stuff on this list in a heartbeat.

> Good request one time my whole entire team quit and it was just me I didn’t want to quit i just leveled up to 11 (this is in halo 3) then they have shot guns and gravity hammers so then the game ends OH GREAT I’M A 10 AGAIN! I got demoted :open_mouth:

i can relate to your scenario, and i propose this: if the game match has 4 players in it and 3 quit (any only you are left) the game should automatically end as it senses there is a 100% vs 25% ratio in the teams, after the game is over you are reverted to the lobby and THEN those people that are looking for matches can load up in these lobbies and fill the player spots up and start another game match…(like it currently is)

That would promote quiting. People would feel less guilty about quitting if that were the case. (have you seen how many people leave and join a game in cod/bf3/etc?)

> That would promote quiting. People would feel less guilty about quitting if that were the case. (have you seen how many people leave and join a game in cod/bf3/etc?)

hmm i see your perspective, but maybe not if the punishment was high enough… lol but too bad there is not a way to lock in players haha, in all honesty there will always be quitters in any game…it’s up to us as a community to put in our part…

> I for one am glad they have not added mid game joining. I hate those games in cod were you join and you have no chance of winning. A lot of experience or credits in halo are also attributed to whether or not you win. Joining into a game mid game strays away from that aspect. I think that if they did add mid game joining, then they would have to alter their credits/ experience/ whatever system they use to accommodate to that. However, I believe that by not adding mid game joining, they are keeping the halo independence about it. I believe there should just be more incentive to not quit. The ban-hammer raised or maybe even something else. I just think there should be more penalties for quitting to help stop the incentive to quit in the first place. now I do understand that things happen and you disconnect for some legit reason, but in the end those cases are probably rare and few.

That wouldn’t be fair. It could be something important. Punishing quitters isn’t the answer.

> Think the competative or ranked or what ever they are going to call it should stay as is. most people go into those games don’t quit.
> But in the social game list then allow players to leave or join midgame?

This^^
Ranked is Ranked and social part is Player/Public matches just as in Gears 3.

Ranked playlists!

> > Think the competative or ranked or what ever they are going to call it should stay as is. most people go into those games don’t quit.
> > But in the social game list then allow players to leave or join midgame?
>
> This^^
> Ranked is Ranked and social part is Player/Public matches just as in Gears 3.

This would be pretty good actually. The only thing they would still have to fix though is the penalty for quitting Ranked matches. Someone else was saying on here to increase ban time for each time a player quits, which is very reasonable. Another option is to take away something from a player from their progression toward ranking up, similar to the system they had Halo 3 with it’s experience(if Halo 4 has a 1-50 ranking system for ranked).