Biggest problem with Halo Wars

I cannot describe to you readers how much it annoys me when my team in Halo Wars decides to quite. I have lost half of all of matchs because of my team leaving because they either are attacked or their mom makes them take out the trash.Something needs to be done about this. I have been working my -Yoink- off to get to the rank of General and I can’t because I loose most of the time!Can there be some sort of update that makes it to where the less people there are on a team, the more EXP they get at the end of the game?

They can just make it so the player looses points when quitting and that would help.

If you want General just play deathmatch. Easyy.

> I cannot describe to you readers how much it annoys me when my team in Halo Wars decides to quite. I have lost half of all of matchs because of my team leaving because they either are attacked or their mom makes them take out the trash.Something needs to be done about this. I have been working my Yoink! off to get to the rank of General and I can’t because I loose most of the time!Can there be some sort of update that makes it to where the less people there are on a team, the more EXP they get at the end of the game?

Sorry, but this is not a problem as far as Halo Wars stands today. There are other, far more pressing issues.
If you want people to stay in game, try playing arranged teams, or getting a mic and working with teammates. People respond well 99%(when they have mic) of the time to working together.

And if you want to really get to general, you shouldnt be concerned about losing games. I have several games in 2v2 unarranged where my teammate left within the first 5 minutes, and whether I lose or not, I still get the most points in the game.

I think you are looking at the general achievement the wrong way though, as most new people to the game do (and they are upset with getting 960,000 points, when it used to be 3,200,000).

All of them are asking themselves “HOW LONG IS THIS GONNA TAKE!? GOSH!”

You need to ask yourself “How good can I get…” or “How much fun will I have…”

You play the game and swear to like it, but talk about how much time to get to general, because thats teh amount of time before you never paly the game again, because you are playing for the achievemnt, not because you truly like the game. If you truly liked the game, time would be of no concern to you, and you will play far beyond the point of reaching general.

Take me for example. I never once looked at my score to make any sort of calculation of time or games needed to level up. I played halo wars because I loved developing new strats (at the time new, not much new anymore), figuring fastest buildtimes, experimenting…yada yada yada…

Because I have had so much fun, my points are above 5,000,000 and I still paly. That doesnt even take into account the hundreds of hours in campaign, skrimish, and custom games.

> I cannot describe to you readers how much it annoys me when my team in Halo Wars decides to quite. I have lost half of all of matchs because of my team leaving because they either are attacked or their mom makes them take out the trash.Something needs to be done about this. I have been working my Yoink! off to get to the rank of General and I can’t because I loose most of the time!Can there be some sort of update that makes it to where the less people there are on a team, the more EXP they get at the end of the game?

The main issue with halo wars is people who play without a mic, or surrender after losing a meaningless firefight.

Lol, I had one guy resign once. -Just- because I went to all the effort of stealing one of his Grizzlys and one of anders H.A.W.X for the Lolz. The Hawx steal was quite lucky. My ally stasis’d it with a vampire and my spartan jumped aboard. The grizzly steal was more fun. As i was winning a firefight with the Forge’s army I Pod dropped a load of ODST’s around one of the gizzlys so it couldn’t retreat with the others then Jacked it. I must admit a 14 star Hawx and a 14 Grizzly together are quite awsome. Especially when backed up with a load of ODST’s

I rarely go into a game with randoms. The reason is that I played two games last night on Standard 3 on 3 and both my teammates quit out both games. I decided just to play something else after that. It is very possible to hold your own when you are outnumbered. It can be very difficult though.

I remember a 3 on 3 game I had on Frozen Valley. I was Anders. Both of my teammates quit out and I was against two Forges and an Anders. Fortunately I started by a reactor. I just held down those three bases with Cobras and Wolverines with Missle and Rail Gun Turrets until they eventually got frustrated and quit out. I credit that victory to not playing a Covenant and the fact they waited to they’ve upgraded everything before attacking me, giving me time to build up as well. Also, reptitively coming at me with tanks and air wasn’t smart either. They should’ve came with all air. I wouldn’t have been able to withstand all that air, be it Hawks or Vultures.

> I rarely go into a game with randoms. The reason is that I played two games last night on Standard 3 on 3 and both my teammates quit out both games. I decided just to play something else after that. It is very possible to hold your own when you are outnumbered. It can be very difficult though.
>
> I remember a 3 on 3 game I had on Frozen Valley. I was Anders. Both of my teammates quit out and I was against two Forges and an Anders. Fortunately I started by a reactor. I just held down those three bases with Cobras and Wolverines with Missle and Rail Gun Turrets until they eventually got frustrated and quit out. I credit that victory to not playing a Covenant and the fact they waited to they’ve upgraded everything before attacking me, giving me time to build up as well. Also, reptitively coming at me with tanks and air wasn’t smart either. They should’ve came with all air. I wouldn’t have been able to withstand all that air, be it Hawks or Vultures.

I did worse as Cutter on Terminal morraine, you know the side bases that they have to use the bridge to get to. Well about 20/25 mins in my ally decided to quit (At least he was nice enough to give me his money first) so it we me (Cutter) vs a forge and an Arby. I decided I didn’t feel like fighting them so I blocked myself in on one of the side bases. 5 cobra’s covering my side of the bridge 4 arranged in a line at the entrance to my base so they -had- to destroy them to get ground units across 10 ODST on the bridge every time it came up so that ground units couldn’t get across easily (It’s on 1 min intervals, 1 min on 1 min off) and the rest of my pop cap went on wolverines to keep air at bay. Naturally I upgraded to 4x mac blasts. They even managed to destroy my base once but i was able to rebuild it. (If they’d kept spamming banshee’s and Hornets at that point they might have been able to keep it down). But in the end after about an hour of wave after wave not getting past my defences they gave up and resigned. To be honest the only way i can think of them winning is if they continually spammed at me with everything they had and slowly chipped a way at my vast stash of resources. That or find a way to get their Arby onto my island and hide him by the reactor cloaked and start teleporting in units.

Just have it to where people get banned after leaving a certain amount of games, just like in Halo: Reach.There was a case today where a player on my team had 3 bases and after he lost his Scarab he quit. I played on against 3 players, managed to kill one of them, and continued to play on for 15 minutes until I finally lost.I noticed also that there has been a surge in the amount of noobs (recruits) in the multiplayer. One of them was in constant rage mode with his Arbiter to walk around, then only built like 3 Wraiths. What a noob.

Unarranged Team games have always been a problem with Halo Wars. You really do need to go in with a team of friends, or at least people that you know have mics to get the full experience.

Personally I’ve just started playing 1’s unless my friends are about to play arranged 2’s or 3’s that way I don’t have to rely on the random people on my team having some degree of brain power. This way in 1’s if i lose then the only person to blame is me, either i did something wrong or my opponent was simply better, rather than Yes my 3 opponents suck…But Bad news my allies Still have no units so I’m fighting with 40 pop cap against a minimum of 90 pop but probably more >.<

biggest problem with halo wars…
i would say the “rock, paper, scissors” triangle with infantry against air
infantry need a lot more power against air units and it should get buffed on the next balancing update if there ever will be one.

> biggest problem with halo wars…
> i would say the “rock, paper, scissors” triangle with infantry against air
> infantry need a lot more power against air units and it should get buffed on the next balancing update if there ever will be one.

I woudnt be to concerned with the ‘rock paper scissors’ idea. If you try to find it in the game, you will look forever. I really dont understand why they have that tip because in reality it would screw you over half the time.

Its kinda funny actaully when you take it literally. Say your opponent builds wolverines. Well according to the triangle, you should build air! hahahahahah

You are right though, the game is lacking in unit balance, making some units worth spamming, and some never worth building.

> > biggest problem with halo wars…
> > i would say the “rock, paper, scissors” triangle with infantry against air
> > infantry need a lot more power against air units and it should get buffed on the next balancing update if there ever will be one.
>
> I woudnt be to concerned with the ‘rock paper scissors’ idea. If you try to find it in the game, you will look forever. I really dont understand why they have that tip because in reality it would screw you over half the time.
>
> Its kinda funny actaully when you take it literally. Say your opponent builds wolverines. Well according to the triangle, you should build air! hahahahahah
>
> You are right though, the game is lacking in unit balance, making some units worth spamming, and some never worth building.

the way i think of it is that there is a “hard” counter, which are the counter units, and a “soft” counter, which follows the triangle. So i did see ensemble’s attempt for a balance but even so i still think infantry are still pretty weak against air.

And as for spamming, i can see this very clearly all the time in deathmatch games validating your comment on making some units worth spamming and others not. Halo Wars is a game i play on a regular bases and i would like to see an attempt from waypoint to balance the game more.

What i would really like them to do is to reduce the hit points on covenant bases since they are extremely difficult to destroy them and adding a shields to them make them even more op. Fix that and i’ll be happy

> the way i think of it is that there is a “hard” counter, which are the counter units, and a “soft” counter, which follows the triangle. So i did see ensemble’s attempt for a balance but even so i still think infantry are still pretty weak against air.
>
> And as for spamming, i can see this very clearly all the time in deathmatch games validating your comment on making some units worth spamming and others not. Halo Wars is a game i play on a regular bases and i would like to see an attempt from waypoint to balance the game more.
>
> What i would really like them to do is to reduce the hit points on covenant bases since they are extremely difficult to destroy them and adding a shields to them make them even more op. Fix that and i’ll be happy

Even in regular games, some unit spams are impossible to stop.

In 1v1, as UNSC, I had 2 bases against the arbiter who had 2 or 3. Since its the arbiter, I cant go warthogs, so its hard for me to get map control and prevent him from getting to better units. Eventaully the game gets to the point where he is spamming fully upgraded banshees, and I spam fully upgraded Wolverines. He wins, because he jsut keeps them coming, and I cant stop the damage he inflicts even with a large army of wolverines. He zooms around my bases avoiding my wolverines and taking out my bases slowly but surely.

Some units are simply spammable.

As for covenant bases, they are incredibly weak when compared to UNSC. The shield generator is neccesary, without it covenant bases would need a huge buff.