Big Team SWAT Feedback

If you have played in the Big Team SWAT playlist, this is the place to leave the Matchmaking Systems Team your feedback! Please leave your thoughts on the following items and issues:

-Game types offered in this playlist (game settings, how they play on the map, etc)
-Maps in this playlist (design, weapons, flow, balance, etc)
-Anything else related to this playlist that you feel is important!

Note: If you found a bug while playing Halo 4 Matchmaking, please post here.

The Matchmaking Systems Team will review feedback and join the discussion when necessary. Thanks for playing.

Wow bt swat! Normal swat has me on edge with 4v4 I can’t imagine 8v8 think I might have a stroke lol. Still should be fun ill try it tonight

I knew it was going to be obvious with a DMR as a spawn weapon that BTB would mostly be a hard-scoping campfest which is pretty much the opposite of how normal swat works.

That said, spawns on Settler are awful and need to be heavily altered if BTB swat is ever going to return. You really needed to rework them before thinking it was good for swat. Put a few DMRs on the hill and forget about it.

Spawns need to be adjusted so that there aren’t any spawns on the ridge so that if you actually manage to kill everyone up there they have to hoof it to get there again instead of just respawn on it, and base swapping becomes more common (think Narrows from H3) to prevent people from getting locked behind their base all game.

Also, Covy and FR swat pop up WAYYYYY too often. And by often I mean 2 of the 3 slots EVERY voting round. Making the vast majority of the people in the playlist who just came there for normal old classic swat to be forced to only play 1 map in any vote cycle.

Only played exile in this playlist so far, UNSC Swat, but went smoothly. No complaints due to plenty of hiding spots and a large map.

So many DMR campers. :frowning:

So, why are the Castle maps absent from this as well?

Add in Perdition, Outcast, and Daybreak.

Well I have played UNSC on ragnarok and complex… campers, campers, campers. Its still kinda fun at least there is no camo I guess

Maps that should be included into Big Team SWAT:

1. Daybreak
  2. Landfall
  3. Outcast
  4. Perdition

If anything, Perdition seems to be the obvious choice over any other map in the game.

Hopefully, Mongooses are included to allow some kind of faster movement. It would be a Risk/Reward kind of thing: walk around the entire time and be normal priority target, or get 2 players on a Mongoose to get speed and become a higher priority target.

Using an Individual CSR system for BTB Swat

I really don’t understand the logic behind this ranking system. The point of a ranking system should be to show you where you stack up against other players and keep you wanting to play for long periods of time.

However, today (after weeks of not playing) I hop on to H4 and play ~20 games of BTB Swat and got a 50. Now there is literally no way I should be able to hop on after a layoff like that and get a 50 in a few hours. Something about that just seems broken.

This system doesn’t make me want to keep playing. I’d love to see most playlists utilize the “team” CSR system in the future. Either that or make the individual system alot harder to achieve a 50.

Individual CSR should ONLY apply in FFA playlists. I’m not going to explain why, because it’s obvious.

Covenent Swat was the least frustrating and most balanced of the 3 gametypes. UNSC Swat becomes a DMR campfest and Forerunner Swat isnt entirely consistant. Covy promotes map movement while the other 2 are “get to a spot and sit” for the game’s duration.

> Covenent Swat was the least frustrating and most balanced of the 3 gametypes. UNSC Swat becomes a DMR campfest and Forerunner Swat isnt entirely consistant. Covy promotes map movement while the other 2 are “get to a spot and sit” for the game’s duration.

Covy SWAT is basically what normal swat would be if the only loadout was BRs.

I’ve always wondered how Big Team SWAT would be. I’ve always imagined it to be fun. And sure enough, it is fun! I’m loving it!

So naturally, I LOVE Forerunner SWAT. Not a big surprise at all.

But the rest are still loads of fun too.

Reaching CSR 50 in one day was kind of a joke though, I must admit.
Am I just that good? :wink:

The only “complaint” I have is the fact that the Castle Map Pack is non-existent in this playlist. Perdition would’ve been amazing! Ah, but I digress.

Either way, so when can we expect SWAT to be added to BTB? Because it needs to be in there! Seriously.

covvy SWAT isnt good on big team, distances between people too great and makes gameplay more about ‘luck’ rather than skill.
And to be a traditional ‘vanilla map hater’, im bored of the same 3 maps that comes up for this playlist just like ALL other playlists. Do everyone a favor 343 and make DLC free and compulsory, imagine how many people would come back and enjoy the maps youve created that people cant play!!
other than that, its a good, and most importantly, FUN playlist! the population isnt great, but maybe SWAT could become an optional gametype in BTB if this playlist ever drops…

> covvy SWAT isnt good on big team, distances between people too great and makes gameplay more about ‘luck’ rather than skill.

Yeah, if you have no clue how to use the carbine or BR. It’s about positioning and using cover to close with your target rather than spamming bullets at long range as fast as possible.

Really liking this. Forerunner SWAT plays differently, and I like that feeling. In my opinion BTB SWAT is far superior to the regular playlist. Halo 4 has such large maps, it’s great to have teams big enough to make the battles more intense.

Unlocked for rotational playlist!