Big Team Slayer Pro - Huge Mistake

Hey, I’m not one to complain too much but 343 is certainly pushing my buttons.
I just played a big team slayer on Exile (Slayer pro) and the other team controlled ALL vehicles (I joined in progess, which is another mistake and that’s another story…) So anyway my teammates got sick of getting annihilated by Gauss, Scorpion shells, and Banshee plasma so they all quit. I was all alone. I suffered through the entire game.

With Slayer pro, vehicles are way too powerful. It’s not fun as you can see from the first paragraph. 343, fix this.

Do you guys agree?

Welcome to Halo.

A vehicle is a power weapon, if you can’t control it be prepared to face its wrath. This is how it should be in Halo BTB, I am very happy things have gone back to normal.

> Welcome to Halo.
>
> A vehicle is a power weapon, if you can’t control it be prepared to face it’s wrath. This is how it should be in Halo BTB, I am very happy things have gone back to normal.

Welcome to 2013.

Gamers don’t want that anymore.

A Banshee, in Slayer Pro? I’m surprised you didn’t commit suicide.

> Welcome to 2013.
>
> Gamers don’t want that anymore.

Big Team Pro is awesome.

Pro is awesome, but they should be putting low-tier weapons (like plasma pistols, grenades, BRs, etc…) around the map.

Big team pro is great. It actually requires some coordination with your teammates.

> Big team pro is great. It actually requires some coordination with your teammates.

Precisely. But I had no team!!

No, you all are missing my point.

I love Slayer Pro

What I don’t like is the vehicle standpoint without anyone on your team.
And if people are leaving, then something is wrong.

> > Big team pro is great. It actually requires some coordination with your teammates.
>
> Precisely. But I had no team!!

Then blame the players, not the game.

> Then blame the players, not the game.

That’s like Chrysler blaming drivers who buy Hondas.

> > > Big team pro is great. It actually requires some coordination with your teammates.
> >
> > Precisely. But I had no team!!
>

The players left because of the game. Not vice versa…
The issue, is forcing newer players into a world of precision-weapon pros when they want to use their own loadouts.

> > Welcome to Halo.
> >
> > A vehicle is a power weapon, if you can’t control it be prepared to face it’s wrath. This is how it should be in Halo BTB, I am very happy things have gone back to normal.
>
> Welcome to 2013.
>
> Gamers don’t want that anymore.

Reach came out only two years ago, is still about as popular as Halo 4, and didn’t spawn you with anti-vehicle weapons, and people didn’t have any problems with BTB back then.

Although I can agree the maps themselves need more anti-vehicle weapons. Valhalla had an EMP, Plasma Pistol, and Missile Pod at each base.

> > > Big team pro is great. It actually requires some coordination with your teammates.
> >
> > Precisely. But I had no team!!
>

If a few players quit then yeah, I blame them, but if every single member of your team quits, there’s definitely something wrong with that match

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the Carbine loadout come with a Plasma Pistol?

> > > Welcome to Halo.
> > >
> > > A vehicle is a power weapon, if you can’t control it be prepared to face it’s wrath. This is how it should be in Halo BTB, I am very happy things have gone back to normal.
> >
> > Welcome to 2013.
> >
> > Gamers don’t want that anymore.
>
> Reach came out only two years ago, is still about as popular as Halo 4, and didn’t spawn you with anti-vehicle weapons, and people didn’t have any problems with BTB back then.
>
> Has everyone just become completely lazy over that short of a time span?
>
> I can agree that BTB maps need more anti-vehicle weapons but seriously, if you actually give a damn vehicles are not hard to counter.

Is no one completely reading my thread?

They are hard to counter when you’re thrown into a match with no teammates, against a freaking Blitzkrieg of Banshee, and Gauss, and Scorpion, and ghost_s_

> Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the Carbine loadout come with a Plasma Pistol?

I think every loadout has just a Magnum as a secondary… I think. They might have no secondary. It’s been a while since I’ve played Slayer Pro

> Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the Carbine loadout come with a Plasma Pistol?

Are you telling me one person with a Plasma Pistol can take out an 8 player Blitzkrieg with all vehicles except a mantis watching eachother’s backs?

> They are hard to counter when you’re thrown into a match with no teammates, against a freaking Blitzkrieg of Banshee, and Gauss, and Scorpion, and ghost_s_

Well what did you expect a cakewalk or something? Of course there going to be difficult to counter let alone take on when your the only one left on your team.

Huge slayer pro and mlg fan over here, but I must admit that slayer pro doesn’t work on BTB. Simply put, the extra coordination and team work that the slayer pro settings require is more suited to a 2v2 or 4v4 situation. For 8v8 its just not suitable.