BIg Team Battles not Ranked?

I got on halo 5 and noticed all my ranks were gone, which is fine whatever… But it looks like btb is not ranked at all? Please tell me this isn’t so. I’m tired of btb being an after thought in halo 5

It is a social playlist. It uses match making but does not have rankings associated with it. It was stated in one of the announcements that it was going to be that way when season 1 started.

It was because the majority wanted it this way.

BTB has always been a playlist for messing around. I was never really a huge fan of it, but it’s nice to kick back after intense slayer games.

-Yoink- 343. I’m tired of defending them.

I personally enjoyed ranked version of BTB I want two playlist Idc if it splits the playlist population some can use it for fun and then others can take it seriously

> 2535415209698332;6:
> I personally enjoyed ranked version of BTB I want two playlist Idc if it splits the playlist population some can use it for fun and then others can take it seriously

+1 Should just have social and ranked, or not social at all. I swear 343i makes some baffling decisions to me.

OP I think you need to relax a bit, 343 is doing their best to make their game with continual content and keep the fans/consumers happy. I must agree they have had questionable choices in the past but they want to do their best with Halo 5.

You can’t have two of the same playlists. BTB doesn’t have a strong enough population for that (it was never was strong enough to cut in half) BTB was always social, being able to depend on 7 other randoms, or making a team of 8 just doesn’t work for most people, so it shouldn’t be ranked. What does it even change by being ranked, besides people complaining about how their team mates are so bad?

Too many players were quitting and betraying/booted in BTB to keep it as a ranked playlist. And then when the H5 population plummeted it was even tougher to find quality BTB matches.

I personally liked BTB as a ranked playlist but let’s face it, 343 isn’t known for making the smartest decisions when it comes to Halo.

> 2533274804294101;7:
> > 2535415209698332;6:
> > I personally enjoyed ranked version of BTB I want two playlist Idc if it splits the playlist population some can use it for fun and then others can take it seriously
>
>
> +1 Should just have social and ranked, or not social at all. I swear 343i makes some baffling decisions to me.

Yeah

First world problems. At least you can play it. I’m stationed in Japan and can forget about even finding a BTB match…period. I am currently waiting without luck for a Warzone match. I would be very interested to see the population of the entire continent of Asia.

I don’t really mind it is a good playlist for the forgers to show off their maps. Got lost in that Antifreeze map for the first couple of games. Haven’t seen Entombed yet.

I had no problem with big team battles being ranked and was also shocked to log on and find it to no longer be ranked. I hope they reinstate the ranking though, it just added a little bit of extra incentive when playing the matches.

> 2533274882763437;14:
> I had no problem with big team battles being ranked and was also shocked to log on and find it to no longer be ranked. I hope they reinstate the ranking though, it just added a little bit of extra incentive when playing the matches.

Not only having the extra incentive, but you have more potential of being ranked with people your own skill.

As I said, Im tired of 343i making BTB an after thought. Slayer is a cluster -Yoink- with ridiculously tiny maps. Slayer maps have never been so small, specially with the raised speed of halo. Thats why i play BTB, its just more enjoyable overall, but 343i basically just tells me to screw off.

Honestly there is little point in even having a social playlist when everything else is ranked. Just make everything ranked and leave Warzone for social.

BTW, dont say the population is a problem as there is absolutely no issues in finding BTB matches. I would even wager that it is possibly more popular than modes like Breakout (Dont know that as a fact). By making it social, it will drop its population likely though.

> 2533274804294101;15:
> > 2533274882763437;14:
> > I had no problem with big team battles being ranked and was also shocked to log on and find it to no longer be ranked. I hope they reinstate the ranking though, it just added a little bit of extra incentive when playing the matches.
>
>
> Not only having the extra incentive, but you have more potential of being ranked with people your own skill.
>
> As I said, Im tired of 343i making BTB an after thought. Slayer is a cluster -Yoink- with ridiculously tiny maps. Slayer maps have never been so small, specially with the raised speed of halo. Thats why i play BTB, its just more enjoyable overall, but 343i basically just tells me to screw off.

Umm…Most of H5 maps are larger than the other Halos 4v4 maps because of the movement abilities. The BTB maps are much smaller than the other Halos, but that is due to them being Forge exclusive maps.

> 2533274804294101;15:
> Honestly there is little point in even having a social playlist when everything else is ranked. Just make everything ranked and leave Warzone for social.

That’s how things were, but the community wanted a change. Also, what? The point of a social playlist is to have a playlist that isn’t ranked, so people can warm up or just have fun without worrying about KD or whatever. BTB isn’t a competitive gamemode anyway.

> 2533274800383882;16:
> > 2533274804294101;15:
> > > 2533274882763437;14:
> > > I had no problem with big team battles being ranked and was also shocked to log on and find it to no longer be ranked. I hope they reinstate the ranking though, it just added a little bit of extra incentive when playing the matches.
> >
> >
> > Not only having the extra incentive, but you have more potential of being ranked with people your own skill.
> >
> > As I said, Im tired of 343i making BTB an after thought. Slayer is a cluster -Yoink- with ridiculously tiny maps. Slayer maps have never been so small, specially with the raised speed of halo. Thats why i play BTB, its just more enjoyable overall, but 343i basically just tells me to screw off.
>
>
> Umm…Most of H5 maps are larger than the other Halos 4v4 maps because of the movement abilities. The BTB maps are much smaller than the other Halos, but that is due to them being Forge exclusive maps.

As i said, with the added speed its a cluster -Yoink-, and they hand out grenades like theyre candy. Spawns are horrific beyond belief. i cant even explain to you how disappointed I am in regular slayer in Halo 5. Its as if Halo 5 is possibly the best halo mechanically with the worst maps out of all halo games.

> 2533274804294101;1:
> I got on halo 5 and noticed all my ranks were gone, which is fine whatever… But it looks like btb is not ranked at all? Please tell me this isn’t so. I’m tired of btb being an after thought in halo 5

This happened because apparently the majority of the community did not want JIP in “ranked” playlists. However, you can NOT have BTB without JIP. So to counter this, they made BTB social so it could have JIP. Overall I am happy because I can not stand BTB without JIP. I miss the ranks, but I would rather have JIP over ranks.

someones got his -Yoink!- in a bunch, the ranks reset with the update (this will now happen monthly or if changed every 2-3 months) BTB has always been regarded as a social playlist due to the amount of players required, since social has JIP you can keep the high amount of players required