Big Team Battle Vehicle Spawns

Just wondering if I’m in the minority but I hate the BTB vehicle drops.

I hope it is only for this one map but I would like to see them play the same as Halo 2, 3 and Reach in respect that each team will have a air vehicles spawn and heavy vehicle spawn (Scorpion).

I’ve played a large number of BTB so far in the test and I’ve not seen a Banshee or Scorpion in any of my games and only managed to get into a Pelican (I think) once… not what BTB is about in my opinion.

So yeah my suggestion is to bring back the traditional Halo approach and have these spawns locked down and not random.

They aren’t random, they are progressive through the game. I’ve seen plenty of Scorpions, Banshees and a Wasp in the longer games.

I couldn’t say whether you’re in the minority or not as I’ve seen people on the forums for and against it. Personally I’m a huge fan of it and it makes Big Team games significantly more enjoyable for me.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> They aren’t random, they are progressive through the game. I’ve seen plenty of Scorpions, Banshees and a Wasp in the longer games.
>
> I couldn’t say whether you’re in the minority or not as I’ve seen people on the forums for and against it. Personally I’m a huge fan of it and it makes Big Team games significantly more enjoyable for me.

I agree with op. Basically you dont get time to use them because if youe good the game ends before they spawn. Really dumb mechanic.

Also, a huge part of btb is vehicle combat so theyre really shooting themselves in the foot on that one…

Pelican drops are a huge gimmick. Even in the 343 video all they said about them “oh look its so cool and awesome”. But it doesnt add anything to the experience and gives noobs too much opportunity to get the vehicles that skilled players should be using so that the team can win.

Not saying noobs cant use them but a giant alert for 1 tank is absurd. Especially, and heres the number 1 point. Especially when its so easy to die in the vehicles on this game

> 2533274887613159;3:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> >
>
> I agree with op. Basically you dont get time to use them because if youe good the game ends before they spawn. Really dumb mechanic.
>
> Also, a huge part of btb is vehicle combat so theyre really shooting themselves in the foot on that one…
>
> Pelican drops are a huge gimmick. Even in the 343 video all they said about them “oh look its so cool and awesome”. But it doesnt add anything to the experience and gives noobs too much opportunity to get the vehicles that skilled players should be using so that the team can win.
>
> Not saying noobs cant use them but a giant alert for 1 tank is absurd. Especially, and heres the number 1 point. Especially when its so easy to die in the vehicles on this game

If you’re dominating that hard and it’s that easy to win so quickly, what’s the point of the tank anyway? It’s already super one sided, tank is only gonna make that worse.

There’s still loads of vehicle combat going on constantly throughout the game.

Giving other players an equal opportunity to get the vehicles is a good thing in my book. Just because I’m a better player doesn’t mean I deserve to get every power weapon or vehicle even if it may be better in my hands, especially in a social gametype.

I think the drops are kool, but I think everything should spawn at the base first then it should go to drops. Also heavy and air vehicles need to spawn way more often instead of this escalation method. I’ve played games where they never even show.

I really like the way it currently is. :slight_smile:

> 2533274797135809;1:
> Just wondering if I’m in the minority but I hate the BTB vehicle drops.
>
> I hope it is only for this one map but I would like to see them play the same as Halo 2, 3 and Reach in respect that each team will have a air vehicles spawn and heavy vehicle spawn (Scorpion).
>
> I’ve played a large number of BTB so far in the test and I’ve not seen a Banshee or Scorpion in any of my games and only managed to get into a Pelican (I think) once… not what BTB is about in my opinion.
>
> So yeah my suggestion is to bring back the traditional Halo approach and have these spawns locked down and not random.

I have also played for hours in the flight and in many BTB matches I have only seen the tanks twice and it was only for the last 30-40 seconds of the game which is pretty useless, also the banshees and the wasps are rarely up. Obviously it would be overkill to have tanks and banshees constantly available however they definitely need to either be introduced sooner or brought in multiple times in the battle. I agree that they should have the old style approach where there is a tank and an air vehicle available to jump in straight away.
Personally I would like it to be exactly how it is now but with a scorpion and a banshee/wasp spawned at the start at either end, then have another scorpion and banshee/wasp dropped in roughly 3/4 through the fight to have the battle end in a bang. Big team battle isn’t meant to be a super competitive arena style mode, it is meant to be a fun social mode where anyone can casually jump in and have fun in some vehicles.

> 2533274801036271;4:
> > 2533274887613159;3:
> > > 2533274801036271;2:
> > >
> >
> > I agree with op. Basically you dont get time to use them because if youe good the game ends before they spawn. Really dumb mechanic.
> >
> > Also, a huge part of btb is vehicle combat so theyre really shooting themselves in the foot on that one…
> >
> > Pelican drops are a huge gimmick. Even in the 343 video all they said about them “oh look its so cool and awesome”. But it doesnt add anything to the experience and gives noobs too much opportunity to get the vehicles that skilled players should be using so that the team can win.
> >
> > Not saying noobs cant use them but a giant alert for 1 tank is absurd. Especially, and heres the number 1 point. Especially when its so easy to die in the vehicles on this game
>
> If you’re dominating that hard and it’s that easy to win so quickly, what’s the point of the tank anyway? It’s already super one sided, tank is only gonna make that worse.
>
> There’s still loads of vehicle combat going on constantly throughout the game.
>
> Giving other players an equal opportunity to get the vehicles is a good thing in my book. Just because I’m a better player doesn’t mean I deserve to get every power weapon or vehicle even if it may be better in my hands, especially in a social gametype.

Because btb is for vehicles… whats the point? Also its not an equal opportunity because its projected to too many players. IT would be more fair if it spawned in at the base like the warthog

> 2535432853005140;7:
> > 2533274797135809;1:
> > Just wondering if I’m in the minority but I hate the BTB vehicle drops.
> >
> > I hope it is only for this one map but I would like to see them play the same as Halo 2, 3 and Reach in respect that each team will have a air vehicles spawn and heavy vehicle spawn (Scorpion).
> >
> > I’ve played a large number of BTB so far in the test and I’ve not seen a Banshee or Scorpion in any of my games and only managed to get into a Pelican (I think) once… not what BTB is about in my opinion.
> >
> > So yeah my suggestion is to bring back the traditional Halo approach and have these spawns locked down and not random.
>
> I have also played for hours in the flight and in many BTB matches I have only seen the tanks twice and it was only for the last 30-40 seconds of the game which is pretty useless, also the banshees and the wasps are rarely up. Obviously it would be overkill to have tanks and banshees constantly available however they definitely need to either be introduced sooner or brought in multiple times in the battle. I agree that they should have the old style approach where there is a tank and an air vehicle available to jump in straight away.
> Personally I would like it to be exactly how it is now but with a scorpion and a banshee/wasp spawned at the start at either end, then have another scorpion and banshee/wasp dropped in roughly 3/4 through the fight to have the battle end in a bang. Big team battle isn’t meant to be a super competitive arena style mode, it is meant to be a fun social mode where anyone can casually jump in and have fun in some vehicles.

Exactly but i disagree with 3/4 spawning later on comment. They should just spawn like regular vehicles. Vehicles can turn the tide of combat for a losing team or cement a win for the winning team either way theres tons of weapons and grenades to kill a vehicle so might as well make them a normal use case each game

I think it’s ok the way it is but we won’t get as many chances to use the vehicles. Maybe they should make a classic btb mode with regular spawns.

> 2533274792079783;10:
> I think it’s ok the way it is but we won’t get as many chances to use the vehicles. Maybe they should make a classic btb mode with regular spawns.

as many chances? I guarantee majority of the testers havent been in the tank banshee or wasp over 30 seconds

I like the drop/progression system for the vehicles. I agree that the heavy & air vehicles don’t show up quite as often as they should though. I think they should keep the progression system as is, but start out each match with a full arsenal of vehicles. It would be chaotic (but fun) in the beginning, sure, but isn’t that what BTB and Halo is all about? Haha. Plus, I do think it is balanced out by the health of the vehicles as they are right now. But I do think vehicle health altogether needs a bit of a buff, especially considering all the anti-vehicle sandbox items they’ve introduced.