Big Team Battle tips?

hey i got a question.

i dont normally play big team as i prefer normal 4 on 4.

i wanted to give big team another try since i dont have the dlc for normal slayer. as i never play this game type it seems like just absolute chaos (still fun chaos) and was wondering if you guys had any tips for a new guy? what to do what not to do?

anything is appreciated! thanks!

> was wondering if you guys had any tips for a new guy? what to do what not to do?

Try to stick with teammates as much as possible unless you’re going for a stealth flag grab or (opponent/neutral) vehicle grab; however, the stealthy flag grab should probably only occur if you’ve communicated a rally point and ETA for quick pick-up.

i can totally stick with teammates (lets hope they rock lol) but i remember the light rifle being good long range…is this still the case? or is dmr the way to go?

I would go with the BR or Carbine tbh for the 8v8 objective games.
In the Slayer games the dmr or br will help you out!
Perhaps even go with Firepower & have a dmr/ar combo with AC or Jetpack as your AA.
The biggest thing about BTIS games is knowing the maps & ordnance respawns!

yeah some of the maps are all new to me like meltdown.

i was thinking about using a firepower mod to have a dmr and carbine.

is jetpack good for those maps? i dont know if any are real open like ragnarok or not

MeltDown is a kinda open map but I wouldnt use JetPack on there as there is so much cover & lots of tunnels.
LongBow is an open map & JetPack would be useful same on Exile, Settler, Vortex & lets not forget Complex too but then so would AC be a good option!
Each map is different.
I had 5 different loadouts for BTIS depending on which map & which colour team I was on.
The AA you use should be your choice & suit your fighting style.
The best way is to play each map.
I like the idea of FirePower but I also think there are to many weapons lying around on the ground & that slot could of been used for a better choice like Driver etc
Again it is all down to your playing style, I personally like to use vehicles when I can on certain maps & map ordnance on others!

> Each map is different.
> I had 5 different loadouts for BTIS depending on which map & which colour team I was on.

I forgot to add that I have had to sightly alter my loadouts since he introduction of objective games to BTIS/BtB

> i can totally stick with teammates (lets hope they rock lol) but i remember the light rifle being good long range…is this still the case? or is dmr the way to go?

if your going long range stick with a DMR BR doesn’t have much range and also check your surroundings look for anything weird and always be on the lookout for snipers I hate snipers

> MeltDown is a kinda open map but I wouldnt use JetPack on there as there is so much cover & lots of tunnels.
> LongBow is an open map & JetPack would be useful same on Exile, Settler, Vortex & lets not forget Complex too but then so would AC be a good option!
> Each map is different.
> I had 5 different loadouts for BTIS depending on which map & which colour team I was on.
> The AA you use should be your choice & suit your fighting style.
> The best way is to play each map.
> I like the idea of FirePower but I also think there are to many weapons lying around on the ground & that slot could of been used for a better choice like Driver etc
> Again it is all down to your playing style, I personally like to use vehicles when I can on certain maps & map ordnance on others!

everytime I use a jetpack on an open map like longbow some jerk seems to shoot me from long range so I use my jetpack on small maps and run on the big ones

> > MeltDown is a kinda open map but I wouldnt use JetPack on there as there is so much cover & lots of tunnels.
> > LongBow is an open map & JetPack would be useful same on Exile, Settler, Vortex & lets not forget Complex too but then so would AC be a good option!
> > Each map is different.
> > I had 5 different loadouts for BTIS depending on which map & which colour team I was on.
> > The AA you use should be your choice & suit your fighting style.
> > The best way is to play each map.
> > I like the idea of FirePower but I also think there are to many weapons lying around on the ground & that slot could of been used for a better choice like Driver etc
> > Again it is all down to your playing style, I personally like to use vehicles when I can on certain maps & map ordnance on others!
>
> everytime I use a jetpack on an open map like longbow some jerk seems to shoot me from long range so I use my jetpack on small maps and run on the big ones

I personally do not use JetPacks at all, but in BTIS they where very common.
I hear your pain, on Ragnarok I love nothing more than shooting some who has used the man cannon & a JetPack while I use he sniper rifle :slight_smile:

awesome thanks for the tips dude(s) i really appreciate it!

> hey i got a question.
>
> i dont normally play big team as i prefer normal 4 on 4.
>
> i wanted to give big team another try since i dont have the dlc for normal slayer. as i never play this game type it seems like just absolute chaos (still fun chaos) and was wondering if you guys had any tips for a new guy? what to do what not to do?
>
> anything is appreciated! thanks!

Well, if you like precision weapons, go find a sniper/beam/binary rifle if they are available. If not, stick to either the DMR or the LR. Now, my suggestion, stay with your team, but make sure you have cover near you so if the opposite team comes in, you can take cover and recharge shields. Then slowly move away and regroup with your team. There’s a lot on BTB, but I’ll be happy to play alongside you in a match, and show you some good places to shoot not camping spots, so no worries. Hit me up anytime.

awesome ill have to play with ya sometime.

i take it LR still owns at range?

As with what the others have said, my personal input is to shoot with your team or to flank them if possible.

If anything youll rack up assists and be a large help to your team.

Just dont be that guy that bum rushes with the team or kills/destroys your teams vehicles because you didnt get to it first.

(I had that happen 4 times today)

The LR destroys at range, but its good for taking on single opponents or multiple weak ones. Dont let em get close to you though.

You can hit me up anytime, i dont talk much but ill keep you covered.

It very much depends on what type of role you are wanting to play

Focusing on vehicle combat?
Roll with any primary
Secondary PP (yes I know)
Plasma nades (yes I know)
Wheelman/survivor
Gunner

Wanting to be a support role?
DMR/LR primary
Magnum secondary
AC for armour ability (yes I know)
Requisition
Ordnance priority

Want to run an assault role?
BR/carbine primary
AR/SR secondary
Firepower
Awareness/the mid that lengthens your radar
Hard light shield for AA

LR has more power, but your going to burn through the ammo faster, and your less likely to get LR ammo then DMR ammo. I normally switch bettween a Plasma pistol LR loadout, and a Carbine LR loadout. Both of these loadouts have the ammo perk.