Big Team Battle Is Big Boring. Big Miss No Battle Royale

I’ve been playing Halo since it came out in 2001. Played the shit out of Halo 2 and 3. Skipped most of 4. Played a bit of 5. Maybe after all these years I’m tired of Arena style multiplayer. Battlefield was a breath of fresh air with their expansive maps and realistic vehicle combat/building damage etc. I played CoD up to Black Ops 2 and have barely played and certainly haven’t bought any of their games since. Warzone brought me back and in my opinion battle royale is where it’s at. I was hoping Big Team Battle would at least be more expansive this time around, but it misses the mark. The maps are still VERY LINEAR. Who cares about the vehicles when the maps are designed such. I know there will be people who disagree, but it should at least be an option for people who do agree. It’s like having matchmaking without snipers being an option you can ALWAYS choose. Why keep it out of the game. More options the better. I would have completely traded Big Team Battle for it, or hell why not have both. Just figured I’d add to the feedback on it because I don’t see myself playing, let alone paying for this game a whole lot, it’s hardly any different visually and mechanically than Halo 5, except less until spartan rushing is back. Zzzzzz

4 Likes

I’m surprised to hear this from a long-time fan. My history with the franchise tracks closely to yours and I couldn’t be happier that Infinite keeps the arena style focus. I’m happy they are sticking to what makes Halo unique and not trying to keep up with trends that change from year to year.

8 Likes

Yeah I found myself getting pretty bored of BTB quickly. I am personally having a blast playing Arena modes though.

The “miss” isn’t no battle royale, the miss is a lackluster amount of maps for BtB, and the game overall. We’re even missing classic game modes.

4 Likes

Same here, love H3 btb, but infinite btb just doesn’t have the right flow. Could be the weird vehicle system or maybe the maps need more open spaces.

Nice bait there brother.

1 Like

This has gotta be bait. Battle royales have no place in halo

9 Likes

You want battle royale? go play one. there are a metric -Yoink!- ton of them, Apex is basically a Halo stlye BR.
Lets not turn the only arena style shooter we have left into another cookie cutter BR game. thanks.

4 Likes

Battle royale is shit. Btb at the moment is not bad. Some new game modes have confused me (like the one with the generators), but that’s not much of an issue. Keep mainstream trends out of halo as much as possible. That was tried with halo 4 and 5 and the reception was obviously negative

2 Likes

Halo doesn’t need battle royale, go back to watching Dr. Disrespect.

2 Likes

Im not bored of big team battle, its my favorite part of halo multiplayer, but I got bored of Infinite’s big team battle in under an hour.
Gameplay itself just feels so unrewarding and I felt like I was forcing myself to play even though I was doing really well.
I went back to MCC for 8v8s on h3 and had way more fun.
A lack of battle royale isnt the problem with infinite

1 Like

Nice PFP btw. Red Comet’s Zaku II. :ok_hand:

Halo already has a Battle Royale mode. It’s called Free-for-all, and it’s been with the franchise since 2001.

2 Likes

Thanks! Made it myself in SFM.

1 Like

Ah yes warzone because halo didn’t feel enough like call of duty already now I can’t wait to roam around for 30 mins and get wiped by a bunch of spartans camped up on top of a building with sniper rifles

1 Like

also you realise if they made a battle royale most of the development would be shifted to that instead of the regular multiplayer right? I would rather have more different modes and maps then 1 big empty map for a mode I don’t care about.

1 Like

Exactly. WZ basically killed COD MP part…

I am having fun in all modes in current list.

But I notices some hit detection / lag issues.
That and weirdly working voice chat is what bothers me

1 Like

I don’t want a battle royale at all.

1 Like

They can’t get btb right how they gonna do a BR right :joy:

1 Like

There is no free for all in the game though

1 Like