Big Splitscreen Concern.

In the past halo games, whenever you had to change your settings, like your sensitivity or layout, you need to hit start. Unfortunately this also goes over the screen of other player(s) and prevents them from playing. I play splitscreen 99% of the time with my brother, so this is a very big thing for me.

Halo 4 has custom load outs, where you can select/edit your next class while you are playing. So if every time I change my class, I stop my brother from playing mid-game, which could mean a lot of him dying, and visa-verse. We need a private menu for each player on the console.

This is something I would expect, and am 90% sure it will be in the game, but I just wanted some confirmation on it to ease my OCD nerves.

Just choose your likings before you start. That’s what the main menu is for.

I would guess most people would just stick with one class but idk.

The fact is we are limited when it comes to what we can do compared to others. Perhaps I have no AR class on a close quarters map and need to change it…I can’t without my fellow player having to pause.

> I would guess most people would just stick with one class but idk.

Hardly. I suspect most people will change classes part way through games based on how they are doing.

> > I would guess most people would just stick with one class but idk.
>
> Hardly. I suspect most people will change classes part way through games based on how they are doing.

Exactly. It’s annoying enough to change my settings from Default to Recon every time I’m a guest. Loadouts would take forever.

I share this concern.

Settings and whatnot are VERY easy to forget to do when until you are in a game and everything is plain wrong.

Halo 2 had splitscreen-friendly in-game menus. Why didn’t any game following?

> > I would guess most people would just stick with one class but idk.
>
> Hardly. I suspect most people will change classes part way through games based on how they are doing.

I guess, but I wouldn’t be messing around with it too much I would just probably stick with one class and just hit the button to spawn quicker.

> > > I would guess most people would just stick with one class but idk.
> >
> > Hardly. I suspect most people will change classes part way through games based on how they are doing.
>
> Exactly. It’s annoying enough to change my settings from Default to Recon every time I’m a guest. Loadouts would take forever.

I have the same issue. My friend who comes over every day plays with recon, and I use default…so as soon as I try to hit I reload, and he ends up changing grenades the next game.

> > > I would guess most people would just stick with one class but idk.
> >
> > Hardly. I suspect most people will change classes part way through games based on how they are doing.
>
> I guess, but I wouldn’t be messing around with it too much I would just probably stick with one class and just hit the button to spawn quicker.

Some will stick with one, just not most. You inferred that a majority would stick with your style.

And also most gametypes do not have instant respawn.

> I share this concern.
>
> Settings and whatnot are VERY easy to forget to do when until you are in a game and everything is plain wrong.
>
> Halo 2 had splitscreen-friendly in-game menus. Why didn’t any game following?

True. I remember that, doesn’t seem like that should be too hard to add.

i don’t think 343 would make that silly of a mistake…

> I share this concern.
>
> Settings and whatnot are VERY easy to forget to do when until you are in a game and everything is plain wrong.
>
> Halo 2 had splitscreen-friendly in-game menus. Why didn’t any game following?

To be fair, Halo 2 had a lot of cool exclusive features that the following games lacked… luckily, I rarely play on splitscreen so I can’t imagine it being a big problem for me, but I can see why it would be irritating.