Big Game Hunter Commendation Help

This commendation is taking me forever.
What are ultra boses? Is it just the 150 Legendarys or are there others?
Also, has anyone gotten an assist on a boss before?

Big Game Hunter is earned when you grab 3 power weapons on a map. I think it’s only earned in Arena.

> 2631791032257281;2:
> Big Game Hunter is earned when you grab 3 power weapons on a map. I think it’s only earned in Arena.

Wonderful Toys is the commendation you’re thinking of.

OP, only Legendary bosses count for Big Game Hunter.

> 2631791032257281;2:
> Big Game Hunter is earned when you grab 3 power weapons on a map. I think it’s only earned in Arena.

The big game hunter medal is earned when you kill three enemies with power weapons in a single life. You described the Power Player medal I think. I’m not sure about the commendations though.

> 2533274851065491;3:
> > 2631791032257281;2:
> > Big Game Hunter is earned when you grab 3 power weapons on a map. I think it’s only earned in Arena.
>
>
> Wonderful Toys is the commendation you’re thinking of.
>
> OP, only Legendary bosses count for Big Game Hunter.

Thats what I thought. It is a pain to get this commendation.

For the others the commendation says.

“Kill an ultra boss or assist on the kill of an ultra boss in Warzone”

I am not sure why the changed the name to ultra for the commendation.

I’ve been getting Big Game Hunters in the Area, but I still have no idea how I’ve been getting them haha :’)

> 2807377803439483;5:
> > 2533274851065491;3:
> > > 2631791032257281;2:
> > > Big Game Hunter is earned when you grab 3 power weapons on a map. I think it’s only earned in Arena.
> >
> >
> > Wonderful Toys is the commendation you’re thinking of.
> >
> > OP, only Legendary bosses count for Big Game Hunter.
>
>
> Thats what I thought. It is a pain to get this commendation.
>
> For the others the commendation says.
>
> “Kill an ultra boss or assist on the kill of an ultra boss in Warzone”
>
> I am not sure why the changed the name to ultra for the commendation.

I’m also not sure why they’re called Ultra when they should be listed as Legendary.

> 2533274810945725;6:
> I’ve been getting Big Game Hunters in the Area, but I still have no idea how I’ve been getting them haha :’)

The Big Game Hunter medal is for killing an enemy 3 times without dying when they have a power weapon (doesn’t have to be the same person).

This commendation is just terrible.

• It is the same name as a medal - it lists the enemy as the wrong name in the description - assists on Legendary bosses dont exist - and you need over 50 legendary AI kills in Warzone to get it.

> 2807377803439483;1:
> This commendation is taking me forever.
> What are ultra boses? Is it just the 150 Legendarys or are there others?
> Also, has anyone gotten an assist on a boss before?

The assist is hit or miss really, sometimes I’ll get the Big Game Hunter Medal for putting rounds into a Legendary Boss. But other times I’ll spend most of my ammunition shooting at one, my team will kill it, and I won’t get the medal…

Does it show up as a kill instead of an assist? Or is just lag?

lots of confusion here!

343 definetally need to fix this, especially the assisting part, which doesn’t seem to exist in the first place

> 2807377803439483;1:
> This commendation is taking me forever.
> What are ultra boses? Is it just the 150 Legendarys or are there others?
> Also, has anyone gotten an assist on a boss before?

Its seems like no one else knows so i thought i would clear it up for you. THERE ARE ULTRA’S IN WARZONE. For instance the “elite ultra” that is invisible in the cave, stuff like that.

> 2535411242468537;13:
> > 2807377803439483;1:
> > This commendation is taking me forever.
> > What are ultra boses? Is it just the 150 Legendarys or are there others?
> > Also, has anyone gotten an assist on a boss before?
>
>
> Its seems like no one else knows so i thought i would clear it up for you. THERE ARE ULTRA’S IN WARZONE. For instance the “elite ultra” that is invisible in the cave, stuff like that.

Also there is a difference between a legendary and ultra. I repeat, THEY ARE NOT the same thing. So don’t waste your time on the legendarys. The female announcer in wargames (forget her name) will announce when an “ultra” is on the feild. Hope this helps, hope you firgued it out.

Hey thanks for the response. I did eventually get the Commendation. I got this sweet Emblem you see in my avatar.

For anyone else interested it takes 63 Legendary kills to get the commendation.

I get quit a few big game hunter medals in rumble rockets

Ok, even though you obviously completed it OP, the best tip for anyone who hasn’t beat that commedation is this: Spartan Lasers can two-shot Baron Sraom and Captain Wamik. Get in place, and once they’ve gotten past 50% health, laser them. Also, the Warden is able to be assasinated once his health is around the “Wa” in his name, and you should be guaranteed the kill if you complete the animation.

Good tips. Spartan laser works great on Captain Hestro as well. I believe it is about 20% or less and you will get the kill with a spartan laser. Other reqs for in a pinch are saws and ghosts. If you have a saw try and go under him in the water and shoot straight up. You can hide behind the arc there in in the water from enemies.

A Req that works great on every boss, and really everything, is THE ANSWER. They are super fun to use against enemy spartans but if you are having trouble with this Commendation I would save them just for Legendaries.

Also, use grenades on Lochagos, 2 direct grenade hits is enough to kill him if you have a splinter grenade from the soldiers in home base. If not two regular ones will blow off his armor then you can head shot him with a pistol.

> 2807377803439483;19:
> A Req that works great on every boss, and really everything, is THE ANSWER. They are super fun to use against enemy spartans but if you are having trouble with this Commendation I would save them just for Legendaries.
>
> Also, use grenades on Lochagos, 2 direct grenade hits is enough to kill him if you have a splinter grenade from the soldiers in home base. If not two regular ones will blow off his armor then you can head shot him with a pistol.

Yeah, I’m currently at 11/15 on tier 4 for the Commendation. Really looking forward to killing another 30.