Beyond Halo 4- Plot Conflict? *spoilers*

Hey guys i just finished Halo 4 campaign and it didn’t just feel like finishing a game- it felt like the entire new saga ended.

I mean, the newly discovered antagonist the Didact died at the end. I thought this saga would be about The Didact trying to exterminate the human race, but now hes dead what will the purpose be? I strongly hope it won’t just be about Forerunner AI like the promethean knights trying to kill everyone because that is just boring. Another reason is that Master Chief saved humanity- in one game only. In Halo CE Master Chief destroys the halo ring but not the covenant which leaves you anticipating the next game. Without the Didact is there any antagonist left? Unless there are evil forerunners elsewhere i don’t see who could want humanity gone, unless its the covenant again.

Offer your thoughts on this, whether you, like me think this game had too much happen too fast or if you think it makes perefect sense!

> Hey guys i just finished Halo 4 campaign and it didn’t just feel like finishing a game- it felt like the entire new saga ended.
>
> I mean, the newly discovered antagonist <mark>the Didact died at the end</mark>. I thought this saga would be about The Didact trying to exterminate the human race, but now hes dead what will the purpose be? I strongly hope it won’t just be about Forerunner AI like the promethean knights trying because that is just boring. Another reason is that Master Chief saved humanity- in one game only. In Halo CE Master Chief destroys the halo ring but not the covenant. Without the Didact is there any antagonist left? Unless there are evil forerunners elsewhere i don’t see who could want humanity gone, unless its the covenant again.
>
> Offer your thoughts on this, whether you like me think this game had too much happen too fast or if you think it makes perefect sense!

Did he? No, really DID HE?!!?

He is not dead bro, he’s immune to the Composer (it’s explained in the terminals) so he’s still chilling somewhere, and will return.

Cortana made note of a slipspace rupture below the Composer. If you watch the cutscene carefully, The Didact falls into this slipspace rupture, thus, transported to an unknown location.

/thread.

He didn’t die.

Play Spartan Ops. The game won’t be over until all 10 episodes of Spartan Ops, and all 50 Missions are finished.

BTW: Common rumour is that the Didact is not dead yet. (Due to hints in Spartan Ops)

Did you see him actually die? :slight_smile:

I don’t think it will be as easy as that.

Yeah that’s what i thought at first, it seemed kind of weird how easily he died. I thought he was still alive but on Halo Nation it says he died so i’m not sure if whoever wrote that didn’t know what theyre saying or its true. Here’s the quote from Halo Nation-

“Cortana and several of her clones manage to manifest themselves from the Hardlight bridge that Didact was on and bind him to it and restrain Didact long enough for Chief to plant a Forerunner grenade on his chest. It detonates, wounding him and causing him to fall off the light bridge and into the Composer’s energy beam, killing him instantly”.

btw that was a pretty bad -Yoink!- ending :wink:

> Yeah that’s what i thought at first, it seemed kind of weird how easily he died. I thought he was still alive but on Halo Nation it says he died so i’m not sure if whoever wrote that didn’t know what theyre saying or its true.

Never EVER trust Halo Wiki’s. They are so ridiculously riddled with misconceptions and speculation. It will only confuse Halo’s plot by feeding you misinformation.

> Yeah that’s what i thought at first, it seemed kind of weird how easily he died. I thought he was still alive but on Halo Nation it says he died so i’m not sure if whoever wrote that didn’t know what theyre saying or its true.

Those Halo wikis can be crap. One of them had a fanmade picture of a Precursor and said that is what they looked like. Another said Chakas from the Forerunner Saga is 343 Guilty Spark, which is incorrect.

The Didact may yet live, Halo: Primordium probably implies this since ONI is looking for info on the Didact throughout it and Chakas says “We face the Didact again” at the end.

anyone else notice that he is the only person to not digitize after suffering the explosion of a promethean grenade?

> > Yeah that’s what i thought at first, it seemed kind of weird how easily he died. I thought he was still alive but on Halo Nation it says he died so i’m not sure if whoever wrote that didn’t know what theyre saying or its true.
>
> Those Halo wikis can be crap. One of them had a fanmade picture of a Precursor and said that is what they looked like. Another said Chakas from the Forerunner Saga is 343 Guilty Spark, which is incorrect.
>
> The Didact may yet live, Halo: Primordium probably implies this since ONI is looking for info on the Didact throughout it and Chakas says “We face the Didact again” at the end.

Cobra> any Halo Wiki site :wink:

Alright, Alright not trusting Halo Nation again, but Cortana is dead right?

> Alright, Alright not trusting Halo Nation again, but Cortana is dead right?

Most likely. But not completely confirmed.

It’s possible enough of her may be salvaged from the Didact’s ship to fix her.

But I think the most likely scenario will be that Master Chief will be paired with another Cortana model in Halo 5-6. Which will be interesting considering this model will have none of Cortana’s prior knowledge or evolved personality, or any experience of the original’s connection to the Master Chief.

I would find it awesome if Master Chief wound up hating her replacement. And they never got along well, even until the end of the franchise.

> Alright, Alright not trusting Halo Nation again, but Cortana is dead right?

I would say it is highly likely. She mentioned that most of her was “down there”, ie aboard the Didact’s flagship. She then said she used what was left of her power to save Chief. The fact she disappeared adds to this.

However, if her consciousness was put inside slipspace or the Forerunner Domain…she may yet live with INFINITE processing power, thus making her immortal.

> Never EVER trust Halo Wiki’s. They are so ridiculously riddled with misconceptions and speculation. It will only confuse Halo’s plot by feeding you misinformation.

It’s really only Halo Nation that needs to be worried about. Halopedia is usually very good about presenting the truth of the matter. Sometimes they won’t even present actual observable facts until significant “investigation” is done confirming them as facts.

cough cough librarian taking cortana cough cough

Hmm i suppose the Librarian could have taken Cortana but i have a feeling she didn’t, it would make Halo 4 kind of useless if cortana came abck and her death never happened.

> > Yeah that’s what i thought at first, it seemed kind of weird how easily he died. I thought he was still alive but on Halo Nation it says he died so i’m not sure if whoever wrote that didn’t know what theyre saying or its true.
>
> Those Halo wikis can be crap. One of them had a fanmade picture of a Precursor and said that is what they looked like. <mark>Another said Chakas from the Forerunner Saga is 343 Guilty Spark, which is incorrect.</mark>
>
> The Didact may yet live, Halo: Primordium probably implies this since ONI is looking for info on the Didact throughout it and Chakas says “We face the Didact again” at the end.

Can you please explain how this is incorrect? I’ve read both forerunner books twice and they point out that the monitor they’ve been talking about is from installation 04, aka 343 guilty spark. Clarification would be wonderful.

Am I the only one who, upon seeing many “cortanas” flying at the didact during the “tying down” fight scene and interprets this to mean that cortana may have hidden most of herself on the didact? This would make for an epic plot twist when the didact returns, having not died, and at a point in the game where chief looks like he has no hope… cortana re-emerges, fragemented, dangerous, but still alive, long enough for the chief to escape and have to gather her split pieces and help her regain her former self.

In addition, the librarian had “alone time” with cortana. I would hope that during that time, they came up with some plan that likely includes chief roughing it solo for a while while he develops into the hero he needs to be for whatever eventuality comes about in h5 and h6.

I hope this is the case. I cant see 343 replacing cortana, and if they did I would be extremely upset. If they gave you a remodeled cortana, it wouldn’t be the same. (especially after how she says, “if they give you another, it won’t be me”). I don’t feel like you can have chief fighting alone, as if he is cut off from anything UNSC, how will he get waypoints, tips, information as well as have any reason to speak whatsoever. It would also be confusing from a gameplay perspective as the conversation between cortana and chief illuminates what the current objective is.

I really, really, really hope the bring the exact same cortana . It would mean a lot for a lot of people I think.