Beware teh Internetz *Avoid Leaks*

Tomorrow officially marks the one month wait (four week countdown) for the release of Halo 4. Many people like being spoiled, but most don’t. Statistics show that only 1 out of every four video-gamers like to be spoiled, and 2 out of every 4 gamers who like to be spoiled, like to spoil others who would rather not. Statistics also show that 90% of that was completely fabricated by yours truly… only 90%.

Nonetheless, in one month many will be waiting on line to grab a midnight launch copy of Halo 4. Many will attempt to play-through that night. Most will likely play the next day after school, work, sleep, or ill-conceived attempts to make love with the disc (<mark>do not attempt</mark>).

-YOINK- happens. Some people find ways to get a hold of games early. Some get a hold of the CGI reel. Some get a hold of the script. What is important is that you go dark, starting… NOW.

You may think, “Well, I’m just on the Waypoint forums. The moderators will make sure my eyes are untainted. If I see something that might have a spoiler though, I’ll just avoid it.” Good luck. If you truly think you can look straight at a thread title that warns of spoilers or implies such, you can absolutely avoid and never look back, then more power to you. But curiosity kills the cat, and remember, some things cannot be unseen.

What to do…
1. DO NOT visit Waypoint or other Halo forums

• As much as the moderators attempt to do damage control, it can’t all completely be washed in a timely enough manner. Be responsible for yourself.
    2. DO NOT “google” anything related to Halo
  • Back during the Halo 2 days, that was actually my number one go-to for leaked info - and I received a lot of legitimate results, surprisingly.
    3. Stay out of Washington
  • That’s where 343i is. Regardless, you’re better off staying out of Washington state. Did you know they’re the only state that allows “interspecies erotica”?
    4. Play every other Halo possible
  • This will keep your nerves satisfied, curbing the urge to look-up info
    5. Wear protection

This is Winter Contingency. GO DARK NOW!

> This is Winter Contingency. GO DARK NOW!

Yeah well… We are countering on every front.

> > This is Winter Contingency. GO DARK NOW!
>
> Yeah well… We are countering on every front.

I commend your efforts. Still, I’m worried said efforts will prove fruitless. Many will fight hard, but many will fall, like Reach before them.

I am Batman.

Batman will wait in the shadows until Nov. 6th and will pounce on the Halo 4 thugs walking below.

In other words, love your advice, I am taking it thank you. Batman is going dark.

> Tomorrow officially marks the one month wait (four week countdown) for the release of Halo 4. Many people like being spoiled, but most don’t. Statistics show that only 1 out of every four video-gamers like to be spoiled, and 2 out of every 4 gamers who like to be spoiled, like to spoil others who would rather not. Statistics also show that 90% of that was completely fabricated by yours truly… only 90%.
>
> Nonetheless, in one month many will be waiting on line to grab a midnight launch copy of Halo 4. Many will attempt to play-through that night. Most will likely play the next day after school, work, sleep, or <mark>ill-conceived attempts to make love with the disc</mark> (<mark>do not attempt</mark>).
>
> -YOINK- happens. Some people find ways to get a hold of games early. Some get a hold of the CGI reel. Some get a hold of the script. What is important is that you go dark, starting… NOW.
>
> You may think, “Well, I’m just on the Waypoint forums. The moderators will make sure my eyes are untainted. If I see something that might have a spoiler though, I’ll just avoid it.” Good luck. If you truly think you can look straight at a thread title that warns of spoilers or implies such, you can absolutely avoid and never look back, then more power to you. But curiosity kills the cat, and remember, some things cannot be unseen.
>
> What to do…
> 1. DO NOT visit Waypoint or other Halo forums
> - As much as the moderators attempt to do damage control, it can’t all completely be washed in a timely enough manner. Be responsible for yourself.
> 2. DO NOT “google” anything related to Halo
> - Back during the Halo 2 days, that was actually my number one go-to for leaked info - and I received a lot of legitimate results, surprisingly.
> 3. Stay out of Washington
> - That’s where 343i is. Regardless, you’re better off staying out of Washington state. <mark>Did you know they’re the only state that allows “interspecies erotica”?</mark>
> 4. Play every other Halo possible
> - This will keep your nerves satisfied, curbing the urge to look-up info
> <mark>5. Wear protection</mark>
>
>

After reading the highlighted parts, all I can think is WTF! I must admit, though, it did make me laugh.

OT: I’m completely avoiding the Halo 4 Forum a few days before release because there will likely be so many spoilers. People can post as many spoilers as they want. Nothing we do can stop them, unfortunately. All I can say is USE SPOILER TAGS!

> Tomorrow officially marks the one month wait (four week countdown) for the release of Halo 4. Many people like being spoiled, but most don’t. Statistics show that only 1 out of every four video-gamers like to be spoiled, and 2 out of every 4 gamers who like to be spoiled, like to spoil others who would rather not. Statistics also show that 90% of that was completely fabricated by yours truly… only 90%.
>
> Nonetheless, in one month many will be waiting on line to grab a midnight launch copy of Halo 4. Many will attempt to play-through that night. Most will likely play the next day after school, work, sleep, or ill-conceived attempts to make love with the disc (<mark>do not attempt</mark>).
>
> -YOINK- happens. Some people find ways to get a hold of games early. Some get a hold of the CGI reel. Some get a hold of the script. What is important is that you go dark, starting… NOW.
>
> You may think, “Well, I’m just on the Waypoint forums. The moderators will make sure my eyes are untainted. If I see something that might have a spoiler though, I’ll just avoid it.” Good luck. I<mark>f you truly think you can look straight at a thread title that warns of spoilers or implies such, you can absolutely avoid and never look back, then more power to you. But curiosity kills the cat, and remember, some things cannot be unseen.</mark>
>
> What to do…
> 1. DO NOT visit Waypoint or other Halo forums
> - As much as the moderators attempt to do damage control, it can’t all completely be washed in a timely enough manner. Be responsible for yourself.
> 2. DO NOT “google” anything related to Halo
> - Back during the Halo 2 days, that was actually my number one go-to for leaked info - and I received a lot of legitimate results, surprisingly.
> 3. Stay out of Washington
> - That’s where 343i is. Regardless, you’re better off staying out of Washington state. Did you know they’re the only state that allows “interspecies erotica”?
> 4. Play every other Halo possible
> - This will keep your nerves satisfied, curbing the urge to look-up info
> 5. Wear protection
>
>

I swear, people do not know how to use spoilers. I’ve already seen many threads speculating on whether the Didact is the Ancient Evil or not. << (do not try to read that if you don’t want to be spoiled) And the funny thing is, most of the title’s are like the following: :SPOILERALERT INSERT SPOILER HERE IN ALL CAPS SPOILERALERT". I seriously do not understand what the point of spoiler tags are if people are skimming through the forums and being spoiled because of an ignorant person not being able to use spoiler tags correctly. /rantover -_-

Oh btw, I found a forum for those people who are only on the Waypoint forums for multiplayer news. http://www.343industries.org/forum/forum/90-match-making/ That forum is strictly matchmaking news only.