Betraying

People who betray others really piss me off. My goal between now and novmber 15 is to get a perfection in matchmaking. I was playing Team Snipers and i had 15 kills, 0 Deaths and i was being cautious from other enemys and then a friendly sniped me… this has happend about 3 times to me… Its like their thinking “oh look, hes gonna get a perfection… nope i wont let him” then betrays me. Theres gotta be a more severe consequense for betraying. Sure betraying someone can be an accident but getting booted for betraying should be like a 3,000 cR penaltie or something… and may i add, getting betrayed shouldnt count as a death…

> People who betray others really piss me off. My goal between now and novmber 15 is to get a perfection in matchmaking. I was playing Team Snipers and i had 15 kills, 0 Deaths and i was being cautious from other enemys and then a friendly sniped me… this has happend about 3 times to me… Its like their thinking “oh look, hes gonna get a perfection… nope i wont let him” then betrays me. Theres gotta be a more severe consequense for betraying. Sure betraying someone can be an accident but getting booted for betraying should be like a 3,000 cR penaltie or something… and may i add, getting betrayed shouldnt count as a death…

My friend actually got cR banned for betraying and suiciding in games to provoke people.
so yes, if they betray enough, there is a punishment.

[deleted]

> Totally agree, exactly the same has happened to me a couple of times. Should be more of a punishment for a quit ban caused by betraying.
>
> Off topic but related: does anyone know how many betrayals it takes to get booted/the formula used to determine whether someone betraying should be booted or is it completely random? The only reason I ask is that I was booted for an accidental betrayal yesterday and it was my first in at least two days (checking my service record that is 29 games).
>
> This has never happened before and I’m now thinking it is just random whether someone gets the option to boot or not.

In SWAT its two betrayals for boot. just today i ran over 3 friendlys in BTB (accidental) and got booted so i think its like 2 betrayals for a boot request to come up

Griefing in any form should be permabanned.

In Reach particularly, the factors required before the option to boot is incredibly inconsistent. So yeah I agree that betrayers should be punished. But the fact that Reach’s fail detection of griefers, ironically allows griefers to get away many a times. So that root problem has to be fixed first.