Betrayel system is a utter joke

Sorry if this seems like a rant.

I just played a game where I accidental got booted for betraying someone. While people will chase me in games all the way betraying me or downing my shields with a dmr to get me killed.

Firstly I played one game recently, was betrayed 3 times, I betray once, I get kicked. Can someone explain the ‘Moral’ logic of this? I know people can get kicked by the amount of damage recieved but some people will try to get themselves to get people kicked on purpose by trying to steal kills, then I lost 10 minutes of gameplay because of some immature gamers. I know Its something I should get over but as a gamer whos been here since release I had to mention this once in a while.

Two rights don’t make a wrong. Don’t betray someone even if they betrayed you.

If you really want to get revenge, just lower their shields when they’re not looking. It works like a charm.

Agreed betrayal system sucks.

The most comical event which happened to me was back on Halo 3 actually.

So we were on Rat’s nest, and I threw down a trip mine. So my teammate decides he’s going to betray our warthog. Swings the gravity hammer at our hog. The gravity hammer doesn’t kill the hog, instead it sends it flying across the map directly into…you guessed it, my trip mine. I instantly get a triple betrayal and am booted. The guy ACTUALLY trying to betray? I’m sure he was laughing his butt off as I became the scape goat for his actions.

The betrayal system desperately needs an overhaul.

> The betrayal system desperately needs an overhaul.

So because you had bad luck in Halo 3…it’s Reach’s betrayal systems fault?

There isn’t anything wrong with the system, people just don’t understand how it works. If you betray often, the boot option against you is much higher, over time the option will show up less if you stop betraying for a while. Think of it like some sort of probation. It’s vice versa with not betraying, you will get more “freebies” than others. From personal experience, I can say that newer GT’s seem to get away with a few more compared to others.

and just because someone betrayed you doesn’t mean you can go betray them back, you’re just as bad as the other person.

Betray them first before they betray you. That usually works… Well, works for me! Someone on my team tried to kill me for the Banshee, well okay! Splatter time! I left the Banshee alone since it was badly damaged by my teammate.

lololololol just run circles around them, they’ll eventually get bored and run away somewhere else

> Sorry if this seems like a rant.
>
> I just played a game where I accidental got booted for betraying someone. While people will chase me in games all the way betraying me or downing my shields with a dmr to get me killed.
>
> Firstly I played one game recently, was betrayed 3 times, I betray once, I get kicked. Can someone explain the ‘Moral’ logic of this? I know people can get kicked by the amount of damage recieved but some people will try to get themselves to get people kicked on purpose by trying to steal kills, then I lost 10 minutes of gameplay because of some immature gamers. I know Its something I should get over but as a gamer whos been here since release I had to mention this once in a while.

There’s only one playlist where betraying CAN be accepted, and then it’s only under Certain circumstances, and this magical land where betraying Can be accepted is GB.

This happened to me a few days ago:
Because I lost connection and left a few games before, I got a warning about being blocked from Multiplayer if I leave one more time.

So there I was in a BTB, leading our team to victory: I had 27 kills when the 2nd placed in my team had 17 or something.

Some funny teammates decided to drive in front of my Scorpion tank while I’m concentrated on sniping down that enemy on the other side of the map.
Didn’t see my mates, shoot, tripple betrayal. Booted 2 seconds later.

Good game, guys.

> Sorry if this seems like a rant.
>
> I just played a game where I accidental got booted for betraying someone. While people will chase me in games all the way betraying me or downing my shields with a dmr to get me killed.
>
> Firstly I played one game recently, was betrayed 3 times, I betray once, I get kicked. Can someone explain the ‘Moral’ logic of this? I know people can get kicked by the amount of damage recieved but some people will try to get themselves to get people kicked on purpose by trying to steal kills, then I lost 10 minutes of gameplay because of some immature gamers. I know Its something I should get over but as a gamer whos been here since release I had to mention this once in a while.

Betrayal system works just fine.

> Betrayal system works just fine.

Hey I have a crazy idea, how about you and I go into matchmaking together. I’ll sit there dropping your shields the entire time, so that when the other team kills you they get the kill and I don’t get the betrayal. Or if I see you battling somebody, you kill them but your shields are weak, I’ll finish you off so that again they get the kill and I don’t get the betrayal. After an entire game of me screwing you over (Without you EVER getting the option to boot me), we’ll see if you still think the “Betrayal system works just fine”…