Betrayel/ Friendly Fire

Does anyone know if friendly fire is back? Although I’m pretty sure it is … I just really hope it isn’t. Friendly fire has to be one of the most useless and frustrating game options/ mechanics out there.

Nothing has officially been confirmed, to my knowledge, but I’d imagine it’s back for most playlists, I don’t know about Infinity Slayer.

Friendly is and always will be in Halo. Without it, the game just won’t work.

> Friendly is and always will be in Halo. Without it, the game just won’t work.

Why not?

If there was no friendly fire you’d have people spamming grenades not worrying about hurting teammates, people carelessly shooting rockets and tanks at friendlies near enemies, and plasma grenade kamikazes. Tell me, would you like this?

To answer your question, yes there is friendly fire, it was in the RTX livestream games.

Halo is a team-oriented game. Without friendly fire, gameplay will take a nasty turn.

Facepalmed at title. Friendly fire is necessary. Without it the game becomes very careless. You can throw nades, fire rockets, and shoot without worrying about killing a teammate.

> > Friendly is and always will be in Halo. Without it, the game just won’t work.
>
> Why not?

Example 1: Throwing a grenade in the middle of a bunch of teammates and enemies. Teammates come out unscathed.
Example 2: Sticking a teammate with a Plasma Grenade or Sticky Detonator. Teammate runs into a bunch of enemies. Teammate is still alive.

Need I go on?

To the people saying without friendly fire, it isn’t Halo/ gameplay wont work, I highly disagree. Gameplay doesn’t work well to begin with thanks to friendly fire and I don’t care what anyone says, I constantly get into games where apparently the rule is “If I can’t have x power weapon or x vehicle, neither can you” and then there goes a great advantage,

> If there was no friendly fire you’d have people spamming grenades not worrying about hurting teammates, people carelessly shooting rockets and tanks at friendlies near enemies, and plasma grenade kamikazes. Tell me, would you like this?
>
> To answer your question, yes there is friendly fire, it was in the RTX livestream games.

Fair point. However from what I’ve seen of Halo’s competitive multiplayer, there are people like that already and their teammates have to suffer. I know a guy at my school who used to join random matches in Halo CE (PC) and do nothing but drive a Warthog in circles around his own team’s base, splattering any teammates who respawn.

> To the people saying without friendly fire, it isn’t Halo/ gameplay wont work, I highly disagree. Gameplay doesn’t work well to begin with thanks to friendly fire and I don’t care what anyone says, I constantly get into games where apparently the rule is “If I can’t have x power weapon or x vehicle, neither can you” and then there goes a great advantage,

Then come up with a solution, why don’t you?

> > > Friendly is and always will be in Halo. Without it, the game just won’t work.
> >
> > Why not?
>
> Example 1: Throwing a grenade in the middle of a bunch of teammates and enemies. Teammates come out unscathed.
> Example 2: Sticking a teammate with a Plasma Grenade or Sticky Detonator. Teammate runs into a bunch of enemies. Teammate is still alive.
>
> Need I go on?

I see no issue with example number one because honestly, I play the game for the action, besides, people toss grenades into a cluster–Yoink- of enemies and team mates all the time.

Once again, no issue with example number two, dare I say it… I’d actually enjoy sticking a team mate with a sticky grenade or the stick detonator and having them run in… in fact… I already do it with a good friend of mine on Reach… so…

Trust me, the cons outweigh the pros.

Even if you can’t die by a teammate, he can still shoot at you and annoy you.

> > > > Friendly is and always will be in Halo. Without it, the game just won’t work.
> > >
> > > Why not?
> >
> > Example 1: Throwing a grenade in the middle of a bunch of teammates and enemies. Teammates come out unscathed.
> > Example 2: Sticking a teammate with a Plasma Grenade or Sticky Detonator. Teammate runs into a bunch of enemies. Teammate is still alive.
> >
> > Need I go on?
>
> I see no issue with example number one because honestly, I play the game for the action, besides, people toss grenades into a cluster–Yoink!- of enemies and team mates all the time.
>
> Once again, no issue with example number two, dare I say it… I’d actually enjoy sticking a team mate with a sticky grenade or the stick detonator and having them run in… in fact… I already do it with a good friend of mine on Reach… so…

Do you not understand how many consequences turning off friendly fire would have on gameplay? Players should be punished for doing stupid things like that.

> > To the people saying without friendly fire, it isn’t Halo/ gameplay wont work, I highly disagree. Gameplay doesn’t work well to begin with thanks to friendly fire and I don’t care what anyone says, I constantly get into games where apparently the rule is “If I can’t have x power weapon or x vehicle, neither can you” and then there goes a great advantage,
>
> Then come up with a solution, why don’t you?

What solutions/ options do I have? Never touching another power weapon or vehicle ever again? Not happening.
Quiting when I come across those types of teammates? Once again, not happening because of quit punishments.

My solution? Take out friendly fire.

> > If there was no friendly fire you’d have people spamming grenades not worrying about hurting teammates, people carelessly shooting rockets and tanks at friendlies near enemies, and plasma grenade kamikazes. Tell me, would you like this?
> >
> > To answer your question, yes there is friendly fire, it was in the RTX livestream games.
>
> Fair point. However from what I’ve seen of Halo’s competitive multiplayer, there are people like that already and their teammates have to suffer. I know a guy at my school who used to random matches in Halo CE (PC) and do nothing but drive a Warthog in circles around his own team’s base, splattering any teammates who respawn.

Unfortunately there will always be trolls like that in games no matter what.

> > > To the people saying without friendly fire, it isn’t Halo/ gameplay wont work, I highly disagree. Gameplay doesn’t work well to begin with thanks to friendly fire and I don’t care what anyone says, I constantly get into games where apparently the rule is “If I can’t have x power weapon or x vehicle, neither can you” and then there goes a great advantage,
> >
> > Then come up with a solution, why don’t you?
>
> What solutions/ options do I have? Never touching another power weapon or vehicle ever again? Not happening.
> Quiting when I come across those types of teammates? Once again, not happening because of quit punishments.
>
> My solution? Take out friendly fire.

Well, that’s not a half-way decent one. :confused:

> > > If there was no friendly fire you’d have people spamming grenades not worrying about hurting teammates, people carelessly shooting rockets and tanks at friendlies near enemies, and plasma grenade kamikazes. Tell me, would you like this?
> > >
> > > To answer your question, yes there is friendly fire, it was in the RTX livestream games.
> >
> > Fair point. However from what I’ve seen of Halo’s competitive multiplayer, there are people like that already and their teammates have to suffer. I know a guy at my school who used to random matches in Halo CE (PC) and do nothing but drive a Warthog in circles around his own team’s base, splattering any teammates who respawn.
>
> Unfortunately there will always be trolls like that in games no matter what.

To be fair, if friendly fire was disabled, my classmate would never have gotten anywhere with his trolling.

> > > > If there was no friendly fire you’d have people spamming grenades not worrying about hurting teammates, people carelessly shooting rockets and tanks at friendlies near enemies, and plasma grenade kamikazes. Tell me, would you like this?
> > > >
> > > > To answer your question, yes there is friendly fire, it was in the RTX livestream games.
> > >
> > > Fair point. However from what I’ve seen of Halo’s competitive multiplayer, there are people like that already and their teammates have to suffer. I know a guy at my school who used to random matches in Halo CE (PC) and do nothing but drive a Warthog in circles around his own team’s base, splattering any teammates who respawn.
> >
> > Unfortunately there will always be trolls like that in games no matter what.
>
> To be fair, if friendly fire was disabled, my classmate would never have gotten anywhere with his trolling.

Halo PC doesn’t have betrayal booting.

> > > > > Friendly is and always will be in Halo. Without it, the game just won’t work.
> > > >
> > > > Why not?
> > >
> > > Example 1: Throwing a grenade in the middle of a bunch of teammates and enemies. Teammates come out unscathed.
> > > Example 2: Sticking a teammate with a Plasma Grenade or Sticky Detonator. Teammate runs into a bunch of enemies. Teammate is still alive.
> > >
> > > Need I go on?
> >
> > I see no issue with example number one because honestly, I play the game for the action, besides, people toss grenades into a cluster–Yoink!- of enemies and team mates all the time.
> >
> > Once again, no issue with example number two, dare I say it… I’d actually enjoy sticking a team mate with a sticky grenade or the stick detonator and having them run in… in fact… I already do it with a good friend of mine on Reach… so…
>
> …
> Do you not understand how many consequences turning off friendly fire would have on gameplay? Players should be punished for doing stupid things like that.

Apparently I don’t understand the consequences.
And why should players be punished for doing what you define as stupid? I define it as good fun.

And I’m going to pull out the Call of Duty card. They have friendly fire off game modes and there are no issues at all, it’s fun. OR, take a hint from their ricochet game modes where any damage you’d do to teammates is dealt to you instead of killing or harming them, you do it to yourself?