Betrayals in Living Dead

I think it’s about time we remove friendly fire from Living Dead. All the playlist has become is kids betraying people and there is never a boot option. I understand it was taken out because of the bulltrue glitch which led to a lot of cheap betrayals but it’s not worth it to have to put up with kids who just betray all game.

It’s time friendly fire is just completely removed from the playlist.

Any feedback is welcome.

343i should make friendly fire off and another thing bothers me- the sword lung, it’s the most annoying thing i ever seen in my life , i was killed like 10 meters away from the zombie 343i should do something about it .

Personally I’d like to see this and betrayals in Grifball turned off.

No, not Grifball, it’s a completely different situation that I’m not gonna discuss in this thread because it’s just for Living Dead.

Oh god Grifball betrayals… You’re about to score the winning point, there’s no enemies around you then suddenly. ‘BETRAYAL’ And then the moron that killed you takes the ball and scores. Rage Quit.

> Personally I’d like to see this and betrayals in Grifball turned off.

No thank you for grifball the amount of launches that would allow would be insane.

Why is there friendly fire in this game to begin with? Nothing good comes from betrayals so whats the point of having them?

> Why is there friendly fire in this game to begin with? Nothing good comes from betrayals so whats the point of having them?

Good question. In the entire game there is no point. You either get idiots betraying you or you get booted for an accident. I was raging that team mates quit. But on replay they have been booted for an accidental betrayal that then affects the rest of my game. The whole betrayal system sucks in reach…in my opinion.

They should have taken out friendly fire a long time ago. Keeping booting off will keep people from getting booted from that glitch, and turning friendly fire will result in no team killing for no reason. It’s pretty simple, yet it has not be done. It should have been changed in the most recent playlist update.

The reason betrayals exist is because people would abuse the system if they couldn’t. For example, a player could fire a Rocket Launcher at a bunch of his teammates because there was one enemy next to his teammates. It’s not fair, since the enemy could get tricked by the other team, and people would have fool-proof tactics.

Or someone could throw a sticky grenade at his teammate, and have his teammate run at the enemy without any consequence.

The ability to betray is so that you need to be careful with power weapons and grenades. And I think booting should return to Alpha Zombies.

> I think it’s about time we remove friendly fire from Living Dead. All the playlist has become is kids betraying people and there is never a boot option. I understand it was taken out because of the bulltrue glitch which led to a lot of cheap betrayals but it’s not worth it to have to put up with kids who just betray all game.
>
> It’s time friendly fire is just completely removed from the playlist.
>
> Any feedback is welcome.

Agreed. I never knew why Bungie just decided to make it so you can’t boot people.

Alright the point of this thread is to have support to due away with betrayals in Living Dead. Keep the betrayals is every other playlist. It keeps the game fair as others have previously stated. The betrayal system needs tweaks but I am so satisfied when some -Yoink- gets his just desserts. As for any argument for not taking friendly fire off in living dead would be invalid. The consequences of leaving it in are just to horrid.

> Agreed. I never knew why Bungie just decided to make it so you can’t boot people.

A timing bug sometimes occurs when infecting a Human, such that the victim changes teams before the betrayal check completes. This results in a false-positive, allowing a Human to unjustly boot the Zombie that infected them.

Infection needs Friendly Fire and Betrayal Booting disabled.

Wait a minute. Sometimes you kill a zombie/spartan and you get a betray. That means that the game “thought” that it was a friendly. In this case, if friendly fire is turned off, your shot will not count against a friendly. That makes the game unbalanced!

> Oh god Grifball betrayals… You’re about to score the winning point, there’s no enemies around you then suddenly. ‘BETRAYAL’ And then the moron that killed you takes the ball and scores. Rage Quit.

Well lucky you, at least your teammate scores. I get betrayed and the person who betrays me takes the ball and ends up getting killed because he had to stop and -Yoink!- me before trying to score. The other team ALWAYS scores if I ever get betrayed with the ball.

You know what is worse than betrayals in Living Dead?

Campers.

That is why I try to avoid playing Living Dead as much as possible … all it boils down to is who can find the best camp site. Why can’t people just run around and hunt the zombies down?

I played a game of Living Dead this morning just because I hadn’t played it in a while, and I quickly remembered why. About 5 minutes into the game I realised it was still the original two or three zombies because my entire team was just camping. It was on Sword Base (Camp Base) and the team was split into two groups, one group at the bottom of the red lift and one group in the blue room under the yellow lift.

And what does it prove? That you can get 27 kills in one game? Thats not skill, and it is certainly discouraging for the zombies, because regardless of their skill as a halo player, it comes down to whether they are lucky enough to kill one of the campers, or it results in players waiting for their team mates to run in and get gunned down so they have a better chance of infecting one of the campers.

I guess it all comes down to the fact that a majority of people only care about victory, regardless of the actions taken to achieve it. It is sad really, I almost pity you campers … but then the nice thing about not being able to be booted for betraying in Living Dead is that I was able to run around and kill all the campers on my teams …

Well that’s just how Living Dead is played, it’s how you win, you stick together and get into the most strategic point on the map and shoot.

> Well that’s just how Living Dead is played, it’s how you win, you stick together and get into the most strategic point on the map and shoot.

yet it can still be won without camping, i’ve done it, on reflection, it’s not that hard, yes, it is team based but that doesn’t mean you have to sit your metal butt down in a lift entrance with only one possible way in and almost no way for the zombies to get an infection, and to go back to the original reason for this post i agree that FF in living dead should be removed cause i’m tired of getting to a singal point or just running around pass a “friendly” then get shotgund in the back for no stupid reason except that this idiot is camping and getting no action, if your bored enough to betray your friendlies, start moving around like you should

> Wait a minute. Sometimes you kill a zombie/spartan and you get a betray. That means that the game “thought” that it was a friendly. In this case, if friendly fire is turned off, your shot will not count against a friendly. That makes the game unbalanced!

I’m not so sure that that’s the right way to look at it.

It’s actually good if you fail to kill a Zombie due to Friendly Fire being off. Why? Because that’s one more Zombie that can assist you in distracting or massing against the Humans once you’ve waited out the spawn timer. Zombies rarely succeed with direct frontal attacks; flanking, sneaking, distracting, and massing are vital tactics and most of them require teamwork and numbers.

Friendly Fire definetly needs to be disabled in Living Dead. When I’m a human my allies betray me. When I’m a zombie my allies betray me. I hate it. I actually enjoy the playlist, but it would be so much better without Friendly Fire.