Betrayals In Halo Infinite?

Shooting teammates is something that I feel like I could live without in Infinite. Battling for the sniper is one thing. Some people seem to get a kick out of betraying for no apparent reason. This seems bad for both new players as well as Veterans who just want to enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. Any other thoughts?

Friendly fire is a must. Part of the game

It wasn’t turned on during the preview which I found interesting. I wonder if it might be off in social but on in competitive? 343 seems more open to different settings than I expected (indicated by the nade hitmarkers).

I hope something gets done. The betrayals in MCC big team were going crazy for a while. It seems like the harsh ban times have finally started curtailing it somewhat

Keep friendly fire off I say, but please turn on collision at least.

Leave friendly fire on. Important from a game play point of view.

Have better tracking of team damage. The game could easily differentiate between friendly fire and ‘friendly’ fire. Once a player gets to ‘x’ points of team damage then his team-mates get the option to boot / report.

Or have an in-game reporting system. If you die and a team-mate either did the first bit of damage or did more than a 1/3 of the damage - you get the option to ‘yellow card’ the player. Three yellow cards during the game and you get the option to boot / report.

Keep it. Situational awareness and management of your weapons/grenades such that you don’t attack teammates has always been an important part of the game.

> 2585548714655118;5:
> Leave friendly fire on. Important from a game play point of view.
>
> Have better tracking of team damage. The game could easily differentiate between friendly fire and ‘friendly’ fire. Once a player gets to ‘x’ points of team damage then his team-mates get the option to boot / report.
>
> Or have an in-game reporting system. If you die and a team-mate either did the first bit of damage or did more than a 1/3 of the damage - you get the option to ‘yellow card’ the player. Three yellow cards during the game and you get the option to boot / report.

Just throwing this out because I think it may be a valid argument against friendly fire. Say a fireteam member shoots you and he gets booted. Now you are down a player with odds possibly being stacked against you. I agree that at higher levels it makes the game more strategic but the players that abuse it make others pay. If there is no way to betray a teammate then the teams should always be even in numbers and overall make multiplayer more enjoyable.

I understand the negatives behind it, but in the long run I think it could be fun to have back just for an old kick.

Friendly fire is a must in halo. Not having it just encourages bad play habits like throwing grenades without thinking.

Keep it. I was almost kicked from the flight due to a teammate blowing me off the map with a grav hammer, and it counted as SUICIDE.

It was intentional aswell, as there were no enemies around. Not sure why they did that unless they were angry for me getting the hammer first at the beginning of the match and running riot with it, although not sure about that because they were nowhere to be found.

> 2533274968883178;7:
> > 2585548714655118;5:
> > Leave friendly fire on. Important from a game play point of view.
> >
> > Have better tracking of team damage. The game could easily differentiate between friendly fire and ‘friendly’ fire. Once a player gets to ‘x’ points of team damage then his team-mates get the option to boot / report.
> >
> > Or have an in-game reporting system. If you die and a team-mate either did the first bit of damage or did more than a 1/3 of the damage - you get the option to ‘yellow card’ the player. Three yellow cards during the game and you get the option to boot / report.
>
> Just throwing this out because I think it may be a valid argument against friendly fire. Say a fireteam member shoots you and he gets booted. Now you are down a player with odds possibly being stacked against you. I agree that at higher levels it makes the game more strategic but the players that abuse it make others pay. If there is no way to betray a teammate then the teams should always be even in numbers and overall make multiplayer more enjoyable.

Keep in mind this isn’t for the occasional stray bullet or ill-timed grenade. It’s for people being a -Yoink-. And if a player is team-killing to the point where he gets booted… then you are probably better off without them.

At least the replacement bot (social games) will be shooting the enemy.

> 2614366390849210;3:
> It wasn’t turned on during the preview which I found interesting. I wonder if it might be off in social but on in competitive? 343 seems more open to different settings than I expected (indicated by the nade hitmarkers).
>
> I hope something gets done. The betrayals in MCC big team were going crazy for a while. It seems like the harsh ban times have finally started curtailing it somewhat

i saw some people saying that it was just a limitation of the tech preview (since they didnt have collision boxes for each other) but thats conjecture and we dont really know yet

> 2533274847845259;12:
> > 2614366390849210;3:
> > It wasn’t turned on during the preview which I found interesting. I wonder if it might be off in social but on in competitive? 343 seems more open to different settings than I expected (indicated by the nade hitmarkers).
> >
> > I hope something gets done. The betrayals in MCC big team were going crazy for a while. It seems like the harsh ban times have finally started curtailing it somewhat
>
> i saw some people saying that it was just a limitation of the tech preview (since they didnt have collision boxes for each other) but thats conjecture and we dont really know yet

Man that lack of collision was horrible, forgot about that.

> 2533274968883178;1:
> Shooting teammates is something that I feel like I could live without in Infinite. Battling for the sniper is one thing. Some people seem to get a kick out of betraying for no apparent reason. This seems bad for both new players as well as Veterans who just want to enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. Any other thoughts?

remove friendly fire simple as that

Honestly I used to love it but after playing mcc for years I’m ok for it being turned off in social. It’s annoying to try to have fun and have ppl trolling you. I have ppl team shot and betray for weapons all the time. If the grenade spam is high in infinite then I’m fine with not being killed be teammates in social.

I think collision is in the air for me. It was weird but I didn’t hate it being gone. If it means one less teammate running me over just for the sake of it then I’m ok with it being gone.

I just can’t stand betraying in halo, it seems to be worse for better players too.

> 2533274804406181;15:
> Honestly I used to love it but after playing mcc for years I’m ok for it being turned off in social. It’s annoying to try to have fun and have ppl trolling you. I have ppl team shot and betray for weapons all the time. If the grenade spam is high in infinite then I’m fine with not being killed be teammates in social.
>
> I think collision is in the air for me. It was weird but I didn’t hate it being gone. If it means one less teammate running me over just for the sake of it then I’m ok with it being gone.
>
> I just can’t stand betraying in halo, it seems to be worse for better players too.

That’s going to happen less often with a larger, fresher population. And collision will very likely still be on for vehicles.

In social we could remove friendly fire. But in ranked we need it. I could stick my teammate and make him run in for a kamikaze. It would be too chaotic.

> 2533274916243280;2:
> Friendly fire is a must. Part of the game

getting booted because you were hijacking a vehicle that ran into a teammate is an integral part of the halo experience

Friendly fire has been a staple of Halo for all this time. I understand if betrayls/friendly fire seems unfair as it can be intentional at times, but I also understand that there are times when they are purely accidental and that doesn’t always sit well. But I am okay with it still remaining in the game, maybe a little more fine tuning in regards to the ability to kick those players is needed. And as it stands I’d rather be a player down than have the betrayer on my team, even if friendly fire was off, I wouldn’t want that type of individual as my teammate.

Plus as others have said it being on makes people think before they should throw that grenade or go flying in on a vehicle, etc.

> 2533274968883178;1:
> Shooting teammates is something that I feel like I could live without in Infinite. Battling for the sniper is one thing. Some people seem to get a kick out of betraying for no apparent reason. This seems bad for both new players as well as Veterans who just want to enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. Any other thoughts?

Betrayals have never had any place in Halo and I will literally never stop saying this.

It. Adds. Nothing. To the Halo sandbox. It adds nothing to the online community. All it does is irritate and annoy and ruin peoples fun.

Betrayals should die with the old games.