Betrayals for sniper rifles-new or growing trend?!

Has anyone else noticed what seems to be a sudden increase in the number of betrayals (i.e., being killed by your own teammate) in BTB or Slayer so they can get the sniper rifle from you? I get that accidental kills of teammates sometimes happen (like when they can’t help but jump in the way of the ghost you’re driving), but these are intentional and sustained attacks just to get the sniper rifle.

What gives?

Betrayal has always been a thing in Halo

Nothing new, and I haven’t noticed any rise in betrayals. Probably just unlucky, sorry to hear that OP.

Thanks to both of you. I get that they’re nothing new. Just a significant rise in them. Too bad there’s no way to broadcast their position to the other team. LOL

> 2535449585942455;4:
> Thanks to both of you. I get that they’re nothing new. Just a significant rise in them. Too bad there’s no way to broadcast their position to the other team. LOL

Whoops, typed “have” instead of “haven’t”, sorry if I confused you. How often are these betrayals happening to you?

Yeah I get people like that. I just wait til the next snipe is up, when they go to grab it kill them and waste all the bullets on their dead corpse while I test out my crouch button to make sure its configured properly

> 2533274885638438;5:
> > 2535449585942455;4:
> > Thanks to both of you. I get that they’re nothing new. Just a significant rise in them. Too bad there’s no way to broadcast their position to the other team. LOL
>
> Whoops, typed “have” instead of “haven’t”, sorry if I confused you. How often are these betrayals happening to you?

No worries. It happened today during three or four games with different players in each game. In three of them it was the same individual multiple times.

No rise in betrayals, but definitely a rise in hateful messages. A got a couple relating to my K/D and my friend got a message telling him to kill himself.

And I never got hate messages before.

To be honest, theres been an increase in just about every unsportsmanlike action (Teammates shooting me cuz they didn’t get the Mantis, betrayals for guns, etc.)

This guy has an interesting theory about the sudden increase in this…

> 2533275007059966;9:
> To be honest, theres been an increase in just about every unsportsmanlike action (Teammates shooting me cuz they didn’t get the Mantis, betrayals for guns, etc.)
>
> This guy has an interesting theory about the sudden increase in this…

That theory was brilliant. Having suffered through a few games on COD Infinite Warfare I may be able to understand why. LOL

I’ve had the same experience - teammates all hacked off because they didn’t get the Mantis, Scorpion, or whatever. Those have been pretty infrequent, but the sniper rifle specifically seemed to standout.

It always seems to be some tosser who also hides and only takes safe shots.

> 2535449585942455;10:
> > 2533275007059966;9:
> > To be honest, theres been an increase in just about every unsportsmanlike action (Teammates shooting me cuz they didn’t get the Mantis, betrayals for guns, etc.)
> >
> > This guy has an interesting theory about the sudden increase in this…
>
> That theory was brilliant. Having suffered through a few games on COD Infinite Warfare I may be able to understand why. LOL
>
> I’ve had the same experience - teammates all hacked off because they didn’t get the Mantis, Scorpion, or whatever. Those have been pretty infrequent, but the sniper rifle specifically seemed to standout.
>
> It always seems to be some tosser who also hides and only takes safe shots.

Those kinds of people have always betrayed for the sniper. As far back as…Halo 2 at least, I remember playing on my Xbox and getting TKed for it. It was REALLY bad in Reach, especially on maps like Hemorrhage.
This is nothing new.

Literally been around since the birth of halo really really bad at those fringe levels where people think they are better than you with everything

I have noticed an increase in the old school trolls lately. Wonder what has caused the increase

Nothing new

That’s why I don’t play BTB because of the power weapon poaching…

But at the end I generally out troll them and they get booted

> 2533274811192667;13:
> I have noticed an increase in the old school trolls lately. Wonder what has caused the increase

Nostalgia?

Happens to me.

I don’t get why Friendly Fire’s a thing in Big Team at all. I get why it’s present in regular Arena slayer and the like, but with Big Team being a social playlist is it really necessary?

I have never been betrayed for a power weapon yet. Though for a Grifball bomb, more than anything else in this game.

People feel self entitled to a power weapon they actually suck at using.

Everyone wants to be a pro 1337 sniper it seems, and it’s annoying, which is why the betrayal booting option needs to happen after the first offense. Too often do players betray for such a petty reason.

Also not to mention that they betray even when you’re doing well with it. -Yoink!- if you do, -Yoink!- if you don’t.