Betrayal System Idea/Referee System

First of all I would like to point out that this idea would be an extra layer of protection against betrayals, not the replacement to the betrayal system.

I propose a sort of referee type system that can be implemented to help determine whether a betrayal was accidental or done on purpose. I think that the referee should only be a 343i employee or someone that they have designated such. The ref should also not be mentioned whatsoever.

Obviously the reason for not wanting the ref to be mentioned is because there would not be enough resources to dedicate to having a ref per game. Also, if they were not mentioned then some people would think twice about betraying on purpose since they don’t know if there is an eye in the sky!

Now, once someone betrays and the boot option is not presented to the person who was betrayed, then the ref will then be able to review the footage of what happened. Once the ref has reviewed the footage he/she can then determine if the betrayal was accidental or on purpose. Once the ref has come to a decision he/she can boot accordingly.

If multiple betrayals happen and the betrayed has not got the option to boot, then the ref will be able to watch footage of each betrayal and decide accordingly.

I know that this is not a perfect idea, but I think that it would at least deter a few people from betrayals. Since most think they can get away with killing one time for a weapon, but now big brother might be watching and you better watch out!

Please note that the ref will not be able to play and must be a 343i employee or designated. He/she will also not be visible in any way whatsoever!

I don’t see that ever working. Do you know how many matches happen a day and the amount of betrayals that happen during those matches.

> I don’t see that ever working. Do you know how many matches happen a day and the amount of betrayals that happen during those matches.

Please read the whole post before commenting! I said that it would obviously not be implemented for every game! And since the ref will not be visible then it could also scare some from purposely betraying someone.

If they took the resources to do that, they might as well do spectator mode

> If they took the resources to do that, they might as well do spectator mode

It would in reality only be a ref in one in every thousand games or so. Spectator mode should not in any way be in this game!

> > If they took the resources to do that, they might as well do spectator mode
>
> It would in reality only be <mark>a ref in one in every thousand games</mark> or so. Spectator mode should not in any way be in this game!

That how futile this idea is. It wouldn’t be doing enough work to make a difference in the game.

> > > If they took the resources to do that, they might as well do spectator mode
> >
> > It would in reality only be <mark>a ref in one in every thousand games</mark> or so. Spectator mode should not in any way be in this game!
>
> That how futile this idea is. It wouldn’t be doing enough work to make a difference in the game.

It would only add a extra layer of protection to the game! Some people would really think that they are being watched which could deter someone from betraying on purpose! I know that it is a small result, but it is definitely not futile!

The only system that would work is if you get betrayed, you are forced to watch a replay AND THEN decide whether you should press that A button or not.

> The only system that would work is if you get betrayed, you are forced to watch a replay AND THEN decide whether you should press that A button or not.

That system would not work! A teammate sitting around not doing anything, but trying to determine whether it was on purpose or not is counter-productive.

How about we do it Shadowrun style and have a team vote on-who-boots-who?

The current system is just fine, it counts the ammount of friendly damage you inflict, so even if you accidently betray someone with a rocket, you don’t instantly give them the option to boot you.

It’s not perfect, but its as good as it’s going to get without taking friendnly fire out completely.

> How about we do it Shadowrun style and have a team vote on-who-boots-who?

If that were to be implemented, then you would have the occasional D-bags that would boot you for absolutely no reason.

EDIT: Topless Zombie: I know the current system is ok. I just wanted to see what people thought of the system I proposed.

> > How about we do it Shadowrun style and have a team vote on-who-boots-who?
>
> If that were to be implemented, then you would have the occasional D-bags that would boot you for absolutely no reason.

Or a team booting a teammate to invite a friend of their’s

> > > How about we do it Shadowrun style and have a team vote on-who-boots-who?
> >
> > If that were to be implemented, then you would have the occasional D-bags that would boot you for absolutely no reason.
>
> Or a team booting a teammate to invite a friend of their’s

Exactly!