Betrayal system gone?

Skip to 1:14
Maybe friendly fire is gone for good? Or maybe it is not on in this playlist?

Looks like it, hopefully its that way for all gametypes.

That rocket most definitely hit the teammate. So, it looks like Friendly fire is gone from Halo. For me, this a definite positive. Betrayals and grieffing have been serious problems in the past, and this is the simplest and most effective solution.

Hopefully though, we may have 1 or two competitive playlists with friendly fire.

Good god . . . Please quit noobifying this game . . . PLEASE!?

It’s highly unlikely that friendly fire won’t feature in multiplayer as it would open so much abuse.

Imagine playing bloodgulch and having your teammate boosting into you with the wraith preventing you from getting anywhere.
Teammates driving you off the map.
Blowing up vehicles you’re in since in Reach vehicles have their own health so this would act much like firefight.

I would personally find this incredibly annoying.

I don’t like the sound of a no betrayal Halo. I prefer that if enemies make a mistake then their team suffers - not gets off scott free. If 343 want to prevent trolling and betrayals then improve the boot system.

> I don’t like the sound of a no betrayal Halo. I prefer that if enemies make a mistake then their team suffers - not gets off scott free. If 343 want to prevent trolling and betrayals then improve the boot system.

Then please make some suggestions as to how they can improve it. Removing FF is the easiest way to fix the problem, anything else is going to complicate matters even further.

> It’s highly unlikely that friendly fire won’t feature in multiplayer as <mark>it would open so much abuse.</mark>
>
> Imagine playing bloodgulch and having your teammate boosting into you with the wraith preventing you from getting anywhere.
> Teammates driving you off the map.
> Blowing up vehicles you’re in since in Reach vehicles have their own health so this would act much like firefight.
>
> I would personally find this incredibly annoying.

And what? A betrayal detection system is completely abuse free? There are so many issues with the way the betrayal system works, many of which cannot be easily solved.

I think this was just a change in settings for the players at E3 and not for the original game. Still waiting for 343 to come out and say something about it

We need betrayals! Hopefully this is changing.

The betrayal system still has issues but it’s better than removing FF completely.

> It’s highly unlikely that friendly fire won’t feature in multiplayer as it would open so much abuse.
>
> Imagine playing bloodgulch and having your teammate boosting into you with the wraith preventing you from getting anywhere.
> Teammates driving you off the map.
> Blowing up vehicles you’re in since in Reach vehicles have their own health so this would act much like firefight.
>
> I would personally find this incredibly annoying.

I love playing Anniversary Firefight just to drive around in the Warthog with my friend. Very rarely are we allowed to do this. Most of the time some DB blows up our ride just for S&G . . .

Looking on the positive side, no more power weapon betraying.

Great. Noobify Halo some more. Always an awesome plan.

Ehhh.

I hope they haven’t removed it in every playlist, removal of friendly fire brings up greater problems than the ones it fixes.

I’m just imagining the grenade spamming in Objective games…

Other issues with no FF would include the following,

Players would be more kill hungry so if you’re jacking a vehicle and a teammate has a powerweapon they’ll be more inclined to shoot to get the kill. Also FF is a part of the game if I have rockets out and a teammate is engaged with an enemy in CQB range I’m not going to fire a rocket as I’ll kill my teammate so I switch to a different weapon to assist.

Also what would happen if we’re playing an objective game and someone grabs the objective but doesn’t score to prolong the game? Personally I would want to betray that person, grab the flag and score so I don’t have to wait 10minutes when it’s 8vs1.

> > I don’t like the sound of a no betrayal Halo. I prefer that if enemies make a mistake then their team suffers - not gets off scott free. If 343 want to prevent trolling and betrayals then improve the boot system.
>
> <mark>Then please make some suggestions as to how they can improve it</mark>. Removing FF is the easiest way to fix the problem, anything else is going to complicate matters even further.

My pleasure.

-If a player kills his teamate when the teamate is on full shields the boot option should ALWAYS appear.

-3 or more betrayals in one game will result in insta-booting

1. Stick your teammate
  2. Teammate runs in crowd of enemies
  3. Profit

Lack of awareness should be punished… killing your teammate should have a consequence…

> Looking on the positive side, no more power weapon betraying.

Yes, because I like when people that just got the game find a sniper and use it…

I think it’s just for preventing kids at E3 from bashing each others face in. After all 343 would want everyone there to get a good impression of the game instead of being teamkilled. I for one don’t hope it’s gone, I can already see the blind grenade spam happening.