Betrayal System Addition (Just an idea)

There have been some good suggestions lately on improving the betrayal system. One thing I never understood is why Halo didn’t make that information public. A lot of these clowns who just love messing with people do it because they know there are no consequences and they will just go on without people knowing how they behave in the game. There is no record of it.

I would, like some other games, introduce a “mark of shame” in that I would make “Betrayal Bootings” a stat that is visible to all other players. Make it highly visible on their stat page and you could even rate them as a % versus the rest of the Halo 4 community.

For instance (and these are simply arbitrary examples), someone who hadn’t been booted at all would have a “0” and it would be in green.

Someone who had been booted 10 times would have a “10” in yellow as they are in the top 50%.

Someone who had been booted 50 times would have a “50” in bright red as they are in the worst 10% of team killers.

Obviously this is an addition to the betrayal system and doesn’t change the actual system at all. Rather, it shows the community how you interact with your teammates and for those that sign on just to mess with others and don’t care when they get booted, it would permanently show on their Halo 4 record.

It would be interesting to finally see if your teammates would or wouldn’t betray you. I like it.

Just don’t take power weapons and suck with them and I won’t betray you. If you only land 3 kills with the first sniper on hemorrhage, and proceed to take the second like you know what you’re doing, be ready for a clip of AR to the stomach.

Plain and simple, don’t suck with something that can be better used by another player.

Nice idea but it would have to differentiate between being booted for betrayals and quitting, either because of prior commitments or your connection cut out, which can happen to all of us.

I do like the idea of naming and shaming the worst offenders though.

Great idea name and shame

> Just don’t take power weapons and suck with them and I won’t betray you. If you only land 3 kills with the first sniper on hemorrhage, and proceed to take the second like you know what you’re doing, be ready for a clip of AR to the stomach.
>
> Plain and simple, don’t suck with something that can be better used by another player.

Lolwut? What does that have to do with this post? Give you a hint: Nothing.

> Nice idea but it would have to differentiate between being booted for betrayals and quitting, either because of prior commitments or your connection cut out, which can happen to all of us.
>
> I do like the idea of naming and shaming the worst offenders though.

Agreed - quitting would be different although that could be another stat if 343i chooses. People who join with guests and quit constantly are pretty damn annoying in their own right.

The problem I see with this system is that eventually it would not matter. There are people that will teamkill for fun, they will teamkill just so they can get out of the game, they will try to force you into a teamkill to get you out of the game.

If this is put into place, I think it would become a kind of low hanging fruit for some, “oh, look at his perfect record there, let’s mess with that”.

> The problem I see with this system is that eventually it would not matter. There are people that will teamkill for fun, they will teamkill just so they can get out of the game, they will try to force you into a teamkill to get you out of the game.
>
> If this is put into place, I think it would become a kind of low hanging fruit for some, “oh, look at his perfect record there, let’s mess with that”.

Certainly possible. Some people are just clowns.

> Just don’t take power weapons and suck with them and I won’t betray you. If you only land 3 kills with the first sniper on hemorrhage, and proceed to take the second like you know what you’re doing, be ready for a clip of AR to the stomach.
>
> Plain and simple, don’t suck with something that can be better used by another player.

Would you rather them have it and score only 3 kills, or the other team take it and run train on you all day? Mhm, I’ll take the 3 kills and positive K/D.

> There have been some good suggestions lately on improving the betrayal system. One thing I never understood is why Halo didn’t make that information public. A lot of these clowns who just love messing with people do it because they know there are no consequences and they will just go on without people knowing how they behave in the game. There is no record of it.
>
> I would, like some other games, introduce a “mark of shame” in that I would make “Betrayal Bootings” a stat that is visible to all other players. Make it highly visible on their stat page and you could even rate them as a % versus the rest of the Halo 4 community.
>
> For instance (and these are simply arbitrary examples), someone who hadn’t been booted at all would have a “0” and it would be in green.
>
> Someone who had been booted 10 times would have a “10” in yellow as they are in the top 50%.
>
> Someone who had been booted 50 times would have a “50” in bright red as they are in the worst 10% of team killers.
>
>
> Obviously this is an addition to the betrayal system and doesn’t change the actual system at all. Rather, it shows the community how you interact with your teammates and for those that sign on just to mess with others and don’t care when they get booted, it would permanently show on their Halo 4 record.

Great idea, makes sense. There also needs to be some form of penalties for the people who do this more frequently. I like the idea of putting a “lockout” on people. For you are a multiple offender of this, maybe you get locked out of matchmaking for a time period or something. That would be tough to do, but there needs to be some form of consequences for people who have it out to be childish and screw the game up.

> > There have been some good suggestions lately on improving the betrayal system. One thing I never understood is why Halo didn’t make that information public. A lot of these clowns who just love messing with people do it because they know there are no consequences and they will just go on without people knowing how they behave in the game. There is no record of it.
> >
> > I would, like some other games, introduce a “mark of shame” in that I would make “Betrayal Bootings” a stat that is visible to all other players. Make it highly visible on their stat page and you could even rate them as a % versus the rest of the Halo 4 community.
> >
> > For instance (and these are simply arbitrary examples), someone who hadn’t been booted at all would have a “0” and it would be in green.
> >
> > Someone who had been booted 10 times would have a “10” in yellow as they are in the top 50%.
> >
> > Someone who had been booted 50 times would have a “50” in bright red as they are in the worst 10% of team killers.
> >
> >
> > Obviously this is an addition to the betrayal system and doesn’t change the actual system at all. Rather, it shows the community how you interact with your teammates and for those that sign on just to mess with others and don’t care when they get booted, it would permanently show on their Halo 4 record.
>
> Great idea, makes sense. There also needs to be some form of penalties for the people who do this more frequently. I like the idea of putting a “lockout” on people. For you are a multiple offender of this, maybe you get locked out of matchmaking for a time period or something. That would be tough to do, but there needs to be some form of consequences for people who have it out to be childish and screw the game up.

Thanks. As for “lock out” Reach did that but with little success. I’m sure it could be improved upon.

I hope it would use that information to pair up betrayers with one another.

>

So how do you suggest they get better with power weapons if your killing them for them. And if your so good that you think you deserve a gun more then someone else, you should be pretty good with all guns so you dont need the one that they are using!

That is actually a good idea.

I think it should compare the amount of games you were booted for, and the amount of games you have played and show it in %.

If it is high, then the user gets the shameful title.

> That is actually a good idea.
>
> I think it should compare the amount of games you were booted for, and the amount of games you have played and show it in %.
>
> If it is high, then the user gets the shameful title.

Good idea as well is the one about matching at some level on it. :slight_smile:

Sounds good depending on Halo 4’s betrayal booting system works. In reache’s I would get booted for killing my teammate because they were trying to take my kill and got to close to some explosives.

> There have been some good suggestions lately on improving the betrayal system. One thing I never understood is why Halo didn’t make that information public. A lot of these clowns who just love messing with people do it because they know there are no consequences and they will just go on without people knowing how they behave in the game. There is no record of it.
>
> I would, like some other games, introduce a “mark of shame” in that I would make “Betrayal Bootings” a stat that is visible to all other players. Make it highly visible on their stat page and you could even rate them as a % versus the rest of the Halo 4 community.
>
> For instance (and these are simply arbitrary examples), someone who hadn’t been booted at all would have a “0” and it would be in green.
>
> Someone who had been booted 10 times would have a “10” in yellow as they are in the top 50%.
>
> Someone who had been booted 50 times would have a “50” in bright red as they are in the worst 10% of team killers.
>
>
> Obviously this is an addition to the betrayal system and doesn’t change the actual system at all. Rather, it shows the community how you interact with your teammates and for those that sign on just to mess with others and don’t care when they get booted, it would permanently show on their Halo 4 record.

It’s a good idea, but bare in mind that people who’ve been playing longer will have more teamkills than people who’ve just started. Sometimes teamkills are accidental, so why should regulars be punished?

I came in expecting a terrible idea and got this wonderful idea, maybe to add on it should reflect the week or the month and not the entire career (Accidental betrayals do happen).

I like the idea but i think it should be a gradual thing. I have over 3000 games played and im sure i have more then 50 accidental bertayals out of 70,000 kills.

So does this mean that i will be 50% of the worst people in halo because i betrayed 50 times.

Now i think it should just slowly go down like every betray it goes do by a percentage.

So pretty much 1 betrayal isnt going to be 1 percent because thats too much.

Also if you go a certain number of games without betraying then you should be able to reverse your percentage to gradually go from like yellow to green or red to yellow.

idk need to be very detailed.