Betrayal stories or Videos

I apologize as I realize this thread may have been created before, but I didn’t see it on here lately and I’m just curious to see what others have experienced.

I’ll tell one of my experiences (sorry, no video).

I was playing Big Team Slayer on Hemorrhage and my teammate got in the ghost and started shooting at my teammates and trying to run us down. we didn’t do anything to him so I’m guessing he was just a griefer and wanted to randomly betray. Well, after his ghost was messed up and smoking from multiple gunshots from our own team, he used the boost and came at me. I didn’t have armor lock so instead I melee’d his ghost right when he ran me down. We ended up betraying EACH OTHER at the same time and he booted me before I could react. Pretty crappy right? lol That’s one out of many stories I could tell. It’s just the most recent one that stuck in my head…

I one time betrayed some poor sap with a nicely-placed revenant blast at the very end of the game. Ordinarily I would not betray a fellow Halo player (I strongly discourage the practice!), but he had not only betrayed my friend immediately prior but also had stolen a Mongoose that I spent 12 sniper rounds defeating. In return he “booted” me, but the boot took place so near to the ordinary fade-to-black that I still got all of the credits for the game.

You want to hear a funny betrayal. I have to find the clip, but it was a 4 way betrayal. Plasma grenade is thrown towards a warthog. However, it doesn’t go off. Now this was me throwing it. Then I get sniped. I respawn and out of all the damn places, next to the damn truck along with 4 other ppl. This plasma is still there and it still hasn’t detonated. Until, I was stupid, shot the grenade and the 5 of us die. Betrayal, Betrayal, Betrayal, Betrayal, Suicide. And the funniest part about it, the guys forgot to boot me out. That was by far the funniest betrayal plus the worst lag i have ever been through. It sounds weird, but i will never forget that one match. in the end, everyone was just laughing there rears off.

> That was by far the funniest betrayal plus the worst lag i have ever been through. It sounds weird, but i will never forget that one match. in the end, everyone was just laughing there rears off.

lol that’s awesome man. Reminds me of the good ol’ Halo 3 slayer rocket matches. There was always that one goofball who was too trigger happy and would blow up the whole team right at the beginning lol. Sometimes people would just brush it off and go on with the game, other times he would get booted right then and there. lol

Two weeks ago I was playing grifball, the second last game of it I was on a team of 3 people in a live party, as soon as the game began the party leader betrayed me. I knew right off the bat that he wanted me to leave but I didn’t, instead I stayed and the entire time I went for my teammates. I think I btrayed them at least 30 times in that game. The jerk who did that the first time got 3 bombs planted so we won the game, but even though I had to fend off my own team I still got around 30 odd kills. With my mic on I cheered the other team to beat us but they didn’t. I also called my teammates -Yoink- holes for what they were doing. The next game was great, but because of that I took a two week vacation from matchmaking and just played campaign and firefight.

> Two weeks ago I was playing grifball, the second last game of it I was on a team of 3 people in a live party, as soon as the game began the party leader betrayed me.

Dude, I love it when people do that because then I just betray the crap out of them the rest of the game. I’ve become VERY good at grifball and I’ve betrayed my friends so much that I’ve actually developed skill for it lol. They have no idea what they’re in for! One of my friends and I have had games where we betray 2 of our teammates the whole game AND fend off the other team at the same time and still win. We usually get trash talk messages afterwards but we don’t care cause it’s funny and they’re the ones who started the whole mess. If it’s an accident fine, but if someone purposely betrays me in grifball, they might as well just quit because they are only gonna see the camera rotate for the rest of the match. :wink:

btw, I wasn’t trying to sound cocky even though I kinda did. I’m not saying I can do that to everyone who betrays me- but ironically, most of the people who do usually suck at grifball for some reason so I just own them lol.

The most memorable betrayal that ever happened to me was in BTB Slayer on Hemorrhage. I grab a Ghost and immediately boost across the map to scout. Meanwhile, a buddy hops in a Wraith, randomly launches a mortar, and lands a perfect hit on me. Doesn’t sound like much in text, but at the time? Freaking hilarious. :slight_smile:

(Oh, and just a friendly reminder to anyone thinking about posting their tales of treachery: let’s keep it clean: don’t call out any teamkillers’ gamertags.)

Betrayal-turned Suicide- Buddy didn’t like that I got the Wraith, so he decides to stand in front of the turret so I can’t shoot. At least he THINKS that will work.

Best Retaliation Ever- Same guy who did the above. He betrays me with a Falcon when the round is about to end. So next round I laser him while he’s flying the Falcon again with 2 other teammates. I blow them all up, but HE gets a suicide and both betrayals, and then immediately gets booted. Best retaliation EVER. lol.