Betrayal Senario

I am going to post a few scenarios, and I would like to see the communities reactions to them, and how you would handle them.

• You are playing a game, in a vehicle, and you are going after someone that the Wraith is already going after. While doing so, you accidentally intercepted a wraith shell and get the boot screen. Would you boot?
  • You are playing, it starts, and you go for a big weapon, like a Revenant or Sniper. After you get it, beating others to it, one player decides to betray you. No boot screen is brought up.
  • Same scenario as above, except he is betraying you for no apparent reason now.
  • You are playing, and you jump off a ledge into a open plane, where your team’s Wraith is already boosting at full speed, and you get splattered by it, and are presented with the boot screen.

Finally, what are your views on teammates who boot instantly and without thinking, even if it was their fault that they got killed? And on players who betray constantly for either no reason or for weapons, etc.?

> I am going to post a few scenarios, and I would like to see the communities reactions to them, and how you would handle them.
>
> - You are playing a game, in a vehicle, and you are going after someone that the Wraith is already going after. While doing so, you accidentally intercepted a wraith shell and get the boot screen. Would you boot?
> - No, it’s my fault for getting in the way of a tank. Not to mention I’d be a hypocrite if I did because I HATE boot happy teamates.*
>
> - You are playing, it starts, and you go for a big weapon, like a Revenant or Sniper. After you get it, beating others to it, one player decides to betray you. No boot screen is brought up.
> - Leave them alone if it’s a vehicle, if it’s a sniper, melee them and descope them. If it’s a weapon, constantly shoot at their shields and have an enemy pick them off. I’ll also -Yoink!- them every-time they get killed to piss them off even more.*
>
> - Same scenario as above, except he is betraying you for no apparent reason now.
> - Wait till he’s about to get a Killing Spree or higher, then betray him. If they haven’t died yet, have over 15 kills, and it is a Slayer game mode, kill them right before the game ends.*
>
> - You are playing, and you jump off a ledge into a open plane, where your team’s Wraith is already boosting at full speed, and you get splattered by it, and are presented with the boot screen.
> - No boot, all my fault for failing that badly.*
>
> Finally, what are your views on teammates who boot instantly and without thinking, even if it was their fault that they got killed? And on players who betray constantly for either no reason or for weapons, etc.?
>
> 1. I hate them to be honest. Fortunately it hasn’t really happened to me all that much.
> 2. I would get banned from the forums if I said what I thought about them… LD *shiver

Edited to add in the last 2 questions.

> I am going to post a few scenarios, and I would like to see the communities reactions to them, and how you would handle them.
>
> - You are playing a game, in a vehicle, and you are going after someone that the Wraith is already going after. While doing so, you accidentally intercepted a wraith shell and get the boot screen. Would you boot?
> - No, as it was my fault for running the way of the wraith shot – however if the wraith shot anywhere afterwards between me contacting the person then I would as that is fault on the wraith driver*
>
> - You are playing, it starts, and you go for a big weapon, like a Revenant or Sniper. After you get it, beating others to it, one player decides to betray you. No boot screen is brought up.
> - I’d be mad that some, probably low-rank, first of all stole what I got first, and second betrayed me in the process which at the beginning of the game only makes us -1…*
>
> - Same scenario as above, except he is betraying you for no apparent reason now.
> - If I got the boot screen at this point I would do so without hesitation, people who do this really should just be banned if they have no intention of playing*
>
> - You are playing, and you jump off a ledge into a open plane, where your team’s Wraith is already boosting at full speed, and you get splattered by it, and are presented with the boot screen.
> I wouldn’t boot as really that’s a freak accident, unless the wraith didn’t boost until I neared the ground (at that point looking suspicious), I would most likely figure it was an accident and move on, however if they betrayed me again I would boot without question
>
> Finally, what are your views on teammates who boot instantly and without thinking, even if it was their fault that they got killed? And on players who betray constantly for either no reason or for weapons, etc.?
>
> I find these people have no place in Halo period. As simply they boot without most of the time even knowing what happened, laziness is no excuse for ignorance. And it annoys me when that betray was so obviously an accident and yet they’re too bothered to weigh anything in, to make matters worse I’m often the one carrying the team so without even seeing that, that player just lost it for the team :confused:

1- I would not boot unless the wraith guy saw me in CQB with the enemy and decided to fire anyway.

2- At the first hint of him betraying I’d start wasting the ammo. If he actually betrayed me and I did not get chance to boot, I’d patiently wait for him to come under enemy fire then lob a grenade at him.

3- I’d respawn and move away from him. If he carries on being a d-bag, he’ll get booted within a few betrayals.

4- I would not boot for this.

I don’t like people who are boot-happy. Here are some things I have been booted for:

• Driving a Hog and an ally comes through a teleporter straight into my path. SPLAT! BOOT!

• I laser a falcon. The wreckage fall from the sky and squashes an ally. BOOT!

• I fire plasma launcher rounds at an enemy wraith. As they are inbound, an allied hog drives across their path and gets stuck by one. KABOOM! BOOT!

• I’m in a wraith. A guy jumps into the gun. I light speed glitch (guess which map). Suicide and betrayal and… BOOT!

>
> No, he probably didn’t mean it, plus a wraith is big and powerful and mistakes happen here and there.
> I’d deal with it and just move on.
> I’d betray him to get revenge.
> he didn’t mean it, I got in the way.
>
> For those who always boot, I hate them if they dont have a good reason, otherwise they are just jerks. For those who always betray, well, they deserve to get betrayed. Even if I get booted, it would be worth it.

1. Not boot

2.I would just bring there shields down until they betray to where i get the option to boot them then i would boot them.

3.Same as above.

4.Not boot

If boot option pops up i will always boot that player unless you are on my FL.

>
>

1. No, I don’t boot accidental betrayals.
  2. I’d be mad, I’d probably hit him once on the back.
  3. I’d boot him if the boot screen came up within seconds, people like these are annoying and shouldn’t be playing the game at all if all they wanted to do was annoy other players.
  4. I press ‘B’ and don’t boot. Again, I don’t boot unless the player is deliberately coming after me for some reason, or even no apparent reason.

I think people who boot for accidental betrayals just boot for the sake of booting because whether you play or not is under their hands, literally. Although, some of them just want to annoy other players.

Players who betray intentionally should not be playing matchmaking, they’re actually evil if they’re doing it to annoy other players for their gratification.