Betrayal / Friendly Fire System Ideas

Instead of having the system of only booting players for betrayals, as in previous Halo games, why not have a system that gives the option of booting for excessive friendly fire. This means that some annoying team-mate that things he is the funniest player ever shooting his team until they are all ‘no-shields’ can get booted for giving out excess damage over a given time duration, as this is effectively the same as intentionally getting team-mates killed.

Though not a perfect system, it is in my view the best system that could effectively be put in place. A system that could determine whether betrayal/friendly fire was intentional or not would be the best, but this system is probably too difficult to apply.

Thoughts and comments on this are welcome.

Actually, I kind of like this idea.

It could use some work, but overall I love the concept.

I shall think on this and add to this thread’s discussion once I have a general idea of how this could work.

I think i would also be useful to have stricter penalties inactive players which I believe you touched upon on a different thread.

If it wasn’t a system that could be easily abused, I’d always be for a L4D voting type system.

(The down side is that people in teams that go with randoms could easily or potentially out vote someone.)

> I think i would also be useful to have stricter penalties inactive players which I believe you touched upon on a different thread.

Yepper, in Haunted’s thread about Halo 4 ranking.

Friendly Fire and Betrayal have been a huge problem since Halo 3, and if they took the time to create a more complex system of differentiating between an accidental betrayal or accidental friendly fire from a griefer’s actions Halo would have one of its core problems solved.

I propose creating a system based around how often one betrays over the span of their career and adjust the penalties and likelihood of their punishment accordingly. However, the Grifball playlist would need to be excluded from this formula due to the nature of the game type.

I would suggest factoring in how much FF damage and how often said FF damage occurs in to the equation to offer a more fair booting system.

I typically get booted without a second guess in MM for accidental betrayals, and I frequently get betrayed for my preferred weapon and never get the option to boot. (Betcha can’t guess what it is? :D)

The booting system needs severe revision and major adjustment.

Awesome idea dude! I just hope 343 reads this…

What about a simple NO FRIENDLY FIRE for matchmaking?

… I dont like it, why? simply, because if im in a firefight and I throw a grenade a stupid teammate will stand in the grenade and I will be booted, same thing if im in a sniperfight and an idiot crosses my road

This was actually used in Reach’s early days but everyone complained. Bungie took it out in the first playlist update. I think it was awful.

For how team kill booting could work, if there are no enemies or just recently dead enemies within a few meters, and you are betrayed, it could give you the option to boot them.

I like it. I get sick of the people who like to follow you around and shoot at you because you took the sniper. I still think friendly fire should be gone though…

> If it wasn’t a system that could be easily abused, I’d always be for a L4D voting type system.
>
> (The down side is that people in teams that go with randoms could easily or potentially out vote someone.)

Not the L4D voting system. A party of a bunch of annoying kids could boot you out of a game for no reason, and you wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.

i say just take friendly fire off problem salved no betraying no booting

There should be a notification of “(Insert Gamertag Here) fired upon you,” or something like that so that players know who wants to be a d–k for the match.

There should also be a “Vote to Boot Player X” option if a player is betraying or working around the betrayal rules(such as parking the back of a warthog in the water or over a cliff so that the gunner dies when he gets out. Happened to me), to remove said d–k from the match.

Joining a game in progress should be an option as well, but not if there is 5 minutes or less remaining.

What would stop those people from using the system against you? Running in front of your shots and booting you? Running over your grenades, running in front of warthog. The list goes on. No matter what system they make, it’s going to be taken advantage of. The current system is perfectly fine, trolling is hardly a problem in the game.

Turning friendly fire off not an option.