Beta VS Early Release Date

Which would you prefer?

To have a chance at playing halo 4 beta or getting the finished product earlier?

> Which would you prefer?
>
> To have a chance at playing halo 4 beta or getting the finished product earlier?

Beta, That way they could still work on H4 and make it “perfect”.

Neither. The scale 343 are doing internal betas is huge.

There won’t be a public beta.

343 already has set release date for Halo 4.

Your last option is incredibly biased.

I prefer a game that doesn’t have exploitable maps and overpowered / abusable mechanics, needing a TU / update / tweak every other week.

If 343 can do it without us, then sure. But don’t think that it saves them time.

> Neither. The scale 343 are doing internal betas is huge.

testers more than half the time are not even hardcore players of the particular game they test :stuck_out_tongue:

I would really like to see some pros or glitchers/trickers to really push the games limits.
Internal betas just promotes making the hardest difficulty as hard as their best player can manage, compared to the millions of people they could use…

Halo 4 doesn’t need a beta, it will be an unashamedly terrible competitive game and there wouldn’t be time to fix it even if there was a beta.

If you have any of the last couple of COD games play them and imagine they have a futuristic spin and you’ll get an idea what Halo 4 is like.

More serious gamers and organisations will turn to competitively sound games like Starcraft 2, casuals will abandon Halo 4 the second the next COD game arrives and eventually the series will be made irrelevant and fade away.

343 aren’t going to out-COD Infitity Ward/Treyarch, they’re the kings at catering to the lowest common denominator and changing a premium for recycled content.

> > Neither. The scale 343 are doing internal betas is huge.
>
> testers more than half the time are not even hardcore players of the particular game they test :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I would really like to see some pros or glitchers/trickers to really push the games limits.
> Internal betas just promotes making the hardest difficulty as hard as their best player can manage, compared to the millions of people they could use…

I don’t believe that you know exactly what game testing involves.

I want to play the beta just to play the beta.

Almost every time I play a beta I never say to myself “I’m going to make a educated and thoroughly thought out list of suggestions to (insert company here) to help give community feedback so the overall retail version will play better.”

My thoughts are usually “I feel like playing (insert mode here) right now!”

> > > Neither. The scale 343 are doing internal betas is huge.
> >
> > testers more than half the time are not even hardcore players of the particular game they test :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > I would really like to see some pros or glitchers/trickers to really push the games limits.
> > Internal betas just promotes making the hardest difficulty as hard as their best player can manage, compared to the millions of people they could use…
>
> I don’t believe that you know exactly what game testing involves.

I actually have read stories from game testers telling people about what they do and what it entails.I believe there was even one such story in the top 3 of reddit.

All I have to say on your opinion is:

I don’t believe that you know exactly what game testing involves.

Assuming that it wouldn’t be at the expensive of anything, an earlier release date. The majority are kidding themselves if they think they would be extremely helpful by suggesting fixes. I’m glad they’re doing an internet beta.

agree 100%

> > > > Neither. The scale 343 are doing internal betas is huge.
> > >
> > > testers more than half the time are not even hardcore players of the particular game they test :stuck_out_tongue:
> > >
> > > I would really like to see some pros or glitchers/trickers to really push the games limits.
> > > Internal betas just promotes making the hardest difficulty as hard as their best player can manage, compared to the millions of people they could use…
> >
> > I don’t believe that you know exactly what game testing involves.
>
> I actually have read stories from game testers telling people about what they do and what it entails.I believe there was even one such story in the top 3 of reddit.
>
> All I have to say on your opinion is:
>

I work in the game industry. My experience > your reading.

> > > > Neither. The scale 343 are doing internal betas is huge.
> > >
> > > testers more than half the time are not even hardcore players of the particular game they test :stuck_out_tongue:
> > >
> > > I would really like to see some pros or glitchers/trickers to really push the games limits.
> > > Internal betas just promotes making the hardest difficulty as hard as their best player can manage, compared to the millions of people they could use…
> >
>
> I actually have read stories from game testers telling people about what they do and what it entails.I believe there was even one such story in the top 3 of reddit.
>
> All I have to say on your opinion is:
>

agree 100%

It’s already coming out quite late. I don’t really feel like waiting until christmas. They’re also trying to win peoples’ money over CoD, and if it comes after CoD then ;
less people will have the money or the time to buy and play Halo 4. It’s the same reason BF3 came out before MW3.

Anyway, the game development has been going for 4-5 years, meaning any bugs are unlikely, but will inevitably happen as you can’t keep developing. I would like to see a demo of some sort a week before the release of the game, that way I know what it will be like before buying it, but I can see why 343i don’t really want to do a beta.

> It’s already coming out quite late. I don’t really feel like waiting until christmas. They’re also trying to win peoples’ money over CoD, and if it comes after CoD then ;
> less people will have the money or the time to buy and play Halo 4. It’s the same reason BF3 came out before MW3.
>
> Anyway, the game development has been going for 4-5 years, meaning any bugs are unlikely, but will inevitably happen as you can’t keep developing. I would like to see a demo of some sort a week before the release of the game, that way I know what it will be like before buying it, but I can see why 343i don’t really want to do a beta.

the new cod will probably release after halo4. a week.

> > It’s already coming out quite late. I don’t really feel like waiting until christmas. They’re also trying to win peoples’ money over CoD, and if it comes after CoD then ;
> > less people will have the money or the time to buy and play Halo 4. It’s the same reason BF3 came out before MW3.
> >
> > Anyway, the game development has been going for 4-5 years, meaning any bugs are unlikely, but will inevitably happen as you can’t keep developing. I would like to see a demo of some sort a week before the release of the game, that way I know what it will be like before buying it, but I can see why 343i don’t really want to do a beta.
>
> the new cod will probably release after halo4. a week.

> > > > > Neither. The scale 343 are doing internal betas is huge.
> > > >
> > > > testers more than half the time are not even hardcore players of the particular game they test :stuck_out_tongue:
> > > >
> > > > I would really like to see some pros or glitchers/trickers to really push the games limits.
> > > > Internal betas just promotes making the hardest difficulty as hard as their best player can manage, compared to the millions of people they could use…
> > >
> > > I don’t believe that you know exactly what game testing involves.
> >
> > I actually have read stories from game testers telling people about what they do and what it entails.I believe there was even one such story in the top 3 of reddit.
> >
> > All I have to say on your opinion is:
> >
>
> I work in the game industry. My experience > your reading.

pics or didnt happen