Beta Map Rotation

Are Truth and Empire going to be added back in? I was under the impression that they would be adding in new maps, not putting them on rotation.

Incredibly unfortunate considering Eden is one of the worst Halo maps I’ve played and the fact that BR spawns hurt the flow of ‘Arena Combat’ since every fight just ends up being mid-range duels. The map is just way too dark, to the point where Blue players actually get an advantage over Red players who stand out. Say what you will about Destiny, but Bungie knew the importance of visual clarity on multiplayer maps. Look back at all the Bungie-made Halo multiplayer maps. There’s a big emphasis on visual clarity, no harsh lighting or unnecessary graphical effects to distract or confuse players. Compare those the Halo 4 maps which had over done HDR lighting and the same color patterns throughout all the maps (blue, white and orange lit maps).

Also while I like Regret as a map, the placement of the Hydra Launcher makes no sense. There’s too much cover for the weapon to function properly, the rockets typically end up colliding into parts of the environment while trying to track targets. I know the weapon placements probably aren’t final since this is a Beta, but it would have made more sense to have put the Hydra on Empire or Truth.

i think (dont quote me though) week 3 will include all maps and 3 playlists. I disagree about Eden though, i think its a pretty sweet map, but completely agree about br starts. AR starts >> BR starts

“considering Eden is one of the worst Halo maps I’ve played”

This is exactly why the rotation was implemented. Eden needs to be played so we can provide feedback on how to make it better. Oh wait, I forgot, all this community knows how to do is say something sucks and call it “feedback”.

> 2724275667463138;1:
> BR spawns hurt the flow of ‘Arena Combat’ since every fight just ends up being mid-range duels.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

GHAYLO GADIANS 5…What a pieceof trash…Nothing original or new…no imagination whatsoever…just the same old shoot 'em up crap since the beginning of the FPS…
H2 was the last god smooth gameplay…

> 2533274845095818;3:
> “considering Eden is one of the worst Halo maps I’ve played”
>
> This is exactly why the rotation was implemented. Eden needs to be played so we can provide feedback on how to make it better. Oh wait, I forgot, all this community knows how to do is say something sucks and call it “feedback”.

The lighting is awful for one. The sightlines are also really poor, not because of the cover but because its extremely difficult to orient yourself on the map.

Look at the Bungie made multiplayer maps, there was also some large distinguishing map feature that let players know exactly where they were as soon as they spawned. Zanzibar had the giant fan and the sea wall, Blood Gulch and its remakes had a rocky cliffside and a cave area surrounded by trees, smaller maps like Warlock had color coded bases.