Beta a year ahead of release

How many people are happy that 343i is going to have the beta be about a year ahead of launch of game?

What do you guys think 343 is doing this?

Do you think it is a good thing or not and why?

People that use forge, do you think the forge mode in halo 5 will be great or a monstrosity?

I am just wanting to know everyones thought about it

Having beta this early gives a chance for 343i to really improve on what may come, but a year away makes it to where we get all excited just to wait another 11 months [or so].

To what extent they are willing to change things from the beta is unknown, but I hope sprint and clamber get removed.

I don’t think it’s going to be any different than if it was a few weeks before release.

They will nerf things, but I doubt anything is going to be removed.

Finally, a real good beta?

> 2533274929479318;3:
> To what extent they are willing to change things from the beta is unknown, but I hope sprint and clamber get removed.

I hope they stay.

After what happened to Halo 4 (where settings were blamed for huge population drop) and MCC (tons of technical issues) beta year before release is most definitely good idea. It’s not another multiplayer demo to whet our appetite. This is actually real beta.

Eh, it is nice that it is a proper beta, but anyone thinking that anything significant will be changed is kidding themselves. It will be nothing but bug fixes and ‘balancing’ of the new mechanics.

It will likely be more effective than most ‘betas’ these days in terms of bug fixing and balancing, but I will be stunned if anything meaningful from a design perspective is changed afterwards. I would love to be able to eat my words but its highly doubtful that I will.

I do appreciate a true beta from a consumer point of view, but I hope people don’t get too caught up in the “its a real beta!” hype only to be disappointed.

> 2533274819446242;8:
> Eh, it is nice that it is a proper beta, but anyone thinking that anything significant will be changed is kidding themselves. It will be nothing but bug fixes and ‘balancing’ of the new mechanics.
>
> It will likely be more effective than most ‘betas’ these days in terms of bug fixing and balancing, but I will be stunned if anything meaningful from a design perspective is changed afterwards. I would love to be able to eat my words but its highly doubtful that I will.
>
> I do appreciate a true beta from a consumer point of view, but I hope people don’t get too caught up in the “its a real beta!” hype only to be disappointed.

Most big A game betas don’t happen so early if I remember correctly…

> 2533274809220485;9:
> > 2533274819446242;8:
> > Eh, it is nice that it is a proper beta, but anyone thinking that anything significant will be changed is kidding themselves. It will be nothing but bug fixes and ‘balancing’ of the new mechanics.
> >
> > It will likely be more effective than most ‘betas’ these days in terms of bug fixing and balancing, but I will be stunned if anything meaningful from a design perspective is changed afterwards. I would love to be able to eat my words but its highly doubtful that I will.
> >
> > I do appreciate a true beta from a consumer point of view, but I hope people don’t get too caught up in the “its a real beta!” hype only to be disappointed.
>
>
> Most big A game betas don’t happen so early if I remember correctly…

Nowadays most big A game betas happen after release. It’s actually funny that in case of Halo we have 2 betas happening at once (MCC + Halo 5).

That’s why I’m happy that Halo 5 beta is right now. Even if it’s about bug fixes and balancing new mechanics - I believe Halo 4 would had much better respond amongst fans, if they try it year after release. Battlefield 4 needed year after release to achive it’s perfection. I don’t know if that’s reason for hype - more likely 343i is checking what will please fans more: “classic” Halo 2 Anniversary or “new” Halo 5 beta. Even if Halo 5 has worse response, I don’t think they’ll re-design it to be more “classic”. More likely move more resource to work on things that have more potential to become definition of modern Halo game (BTB, campaign etc.).

I’m glad we’re getting a Beta this early.

> 2533274820093296;10:
> > 2533274809220485;9:
> > > 2533274819446242;8:
> > > Eh, it is nice that it is a proper beta, but anyone thinking that anything significant will be changed is kidding themselves. It will be nothing but bug fixes and ‘balancing’ of the new mechanics.
> > >
> > > It will likely be more effective than most ‘betas’ these days in terms of bug fixing and balancing, but I will be stunned if anything meaningful from a design perspective is changed afterwards. I would love to be able to eat my words but its highly doubtful that I will.
> > >
> > > I do appreciate a true beta from a consumer point of view, but I hope people don’t get too caught up in the “its a real beta!” hype only to be disappointed.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Most big A game betas don’t happen so early if I remember correctly…
>
>
>
> Nowadays most big A game betas happen after release. It’s actually funny that in case of Halo we have 2 betas happening at once (MCC + Halo 5).
>
> That’s why I’m happy that Halo 5 beta is right now. Even if it’s about bug fixes and balancing new mechanics - I believe Halo 4 would had much better respond amongst fans, if they try it year after release. Battlefield 4 needed year after release to achive it’s perfection. I don’t know if that’s reason for hype - more likely 343i is checking what will please fans more: “classic” Halo 2 Anniversary or “new” Halo 5 beta. Even if Halo 5 has worse response, I don’t think they’ll re-design it to be more “classic”. More likely move more resource to work on things that have more potential to become definition of modern Halo game (BTB, campaign etc.).

you make a good point. sure 343i had a couple issues with MCC that were not the best for it, but battlefield 4 was completely unplayable. I think having a year ahead to fix stuff is a great idea this can be," Crap, they don’t like a single thing we added" to “they like everything we did, lets, add more maps and game types like this”

I also don’t believe this game won’t be that buggy when it comes to the maps because of the constitute play testers they are having with the game right now,

> 2533274929479318;3:
> To what extent they are willing to change things from the beta is unknown, but I hope sprint and clamber get removed.

There’s no way that’s going to happen.