Best weapons to use on Halo 3 Legendary?

So I just started playing Halo 3 on Legendary difficulty, and I want to know which weapons come in handy during all of the campaign for both the covenant and flood. Weapons that work on Brutes, Grunts and Snipers, and weapons that work on all kinds of flood forms. (I’m quite aware that the mission “Cortana” is pretty hard).

Just weapon recommendations for Halo 3, thank you.

Battle rifle and plasma pistol are an excellent combo. Other good weapons you would normally use but the situation will matter more on when and how you use them.

The entire range of weapons if you are trying hard to use them, no enemy is a hit point wonder in Halo 3 but you may need to use cover and evasive manuevers for automatics weapons.

Things are getting fun when an assault rifle can kill a fully armored Brute (not chieftain) at long range with little effort.

For the flood I like to habe the shotgun. I feel it works pretty good. The brute shot works good on both. Get the noob combo going and take cover

> 2533274815663848;4:
> For the flood I like to have the shotgun. I feel it works pretty good. The brute shot works good on both. Get the noob combo going and take cover

I actually use Smgs against the flood, Range + ammo will be a big problem but they really do destroy the flood in a couple of shots (Except the Crawler shapeshifter thingy)

> 2535428779736382;5:
> > 2533274815663848;4:
> > For the flood I like to have the shotgun. I feel it works pretty good. The brute shot works good on both. Get the noob combo going and take cover
>
> I actually use Smgs against the flood, Range + ammo will be a big problem but they really do destroy the flood in a couple of shots (Except the Crawler shapeshifter thingy)

I’l have to try it. I never really used them. That is a problem with the shotty is the low ammo and short range. Worked wonders in ce

Against Grunts, you can use everything. Just watch out for the suicide ones.
Against Jackals, same thing, but I recommend using headshot weapons.
Against Brutes, use a Plasma Pistol’s EMP to disable his armor. After that, most weapons are viable to kill them. Weapons that are good as well to disable the armor are Spikers, Plasma Rifles, Assault Rifles, Needlers (Supercombine will outright kill them), etc.
Against Hunters I recommend using a Shotgun, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, Rocket, Fuel Rod and Splaser. If you’re using Shotty, Sword and Hammer, get up close to them, evade their melee and hit their back. A Sword is EXTREMELY good in the Hunter’s back and can kill them in 1 swing. The Hammer may make things easier and you may not need to wait for his attack animation at all. A couple of swings can kill them pretty quick. If you’re going Shotty, when you’re attacking his weakpoint, shot and melee. If they get stunned, repeat, then evade.
Against Drones, only hitscan weapons are viabe (hitscan means that your shots have no travel time between you firing your gun and the shot hitting it’s location; in other words, instant. Assault Rifle, BR, Sniper, etc), because they’re too fast against Projectile weapons (Weapons whose shots need to travel to reach their destination. Plasma Rifle, etc.)

Against the Human, Elite and Brute forms, almost all weapons are viable, even your melee, but I recommend using Plasma Rifles, BR, Shotgun, Energy Sword, Spiker, Brute Shot, SMG, and Carbine and Gravity Hammer.
Against Pure Forms, the same thing, but you must be more cautious. And melee is only useful against Stalker forms. The Tanks are too resilient against your fists and getting close to one may only mean a free ticket to Death. And Snipers are usually on walls and ceilings, out of your melee reach; the melee is strong against them, but not viable.
However, the Energy Sword WILL kill every Flood form in just one swing. Not only are they insta-kill, but they also waste very little energy against them, no to mention that Energy Swords are common, especially in Cortana. I recommend you to keep a Sword at all times on Flood levels.

Hope this helps. Now Finish the Fight once again.

> 2533274815663848;6:
> > 2535428779736382;5:
> > > 2533274815663848;4:
> > > For the flood I like to have the shotgun. I feel it works pretty good. The brute shot works good on both. Get the noob combo going and take cover
> >
> > I actually use Smgs against the flood, Range + ammo will be a big problem but they really do destroy the flood in a couple of shots (Except the Crawler shapeshifter thingy)
>
> I’l have to try it. I never really used them. That is a problem with the shotty is the low ammo and short range. Worked wonders in ce

It really does, the Range, DMG & capacity on the Ce shotgun was pretty much Godlike with the Ce pistol, I actually feel like playing Halo 3 (360 version) on Legendary now so I can get that EOD helmet & the completion proof, I know Jackals will be one of the biggest problems including the Cortana mission (Might start with that to get it out of the way), but I reckon it’ll be pretty easy

If you’re going to take on legendary here’s your weapons.

Covenant: Battle Rifle and Plasma Pistol.

Flood: Battle Rifle and a Gravity Hammer or Energy sword.

Sentinels: Anything which has the word “Plasma” in it.

All the weapons are useful (apart from the spiker lol) You just need to use them in the correct way and situation. If you do this the campaign becomes easier. As long as you know what enemies are where tgen you can pre pare yourself. For brute sections the noob combo is good and obviously headshot capable waepons for grunts, jackals and armourless brutes.

For flood anything close range like the shotgun, Mauler, Sword, Hammer. Rockets, laser and fuel rods are an all round great weapon on covies and flood. You can also headshot some flood in 1 or 2 shots unless its an elite form, pure form or carrier form. For sentinals plasma pistols and rifles are the best it practically melts them.

Anyway thats my advice enjoy legendary and good luck.

> 2533274840950078;10:
> All the weapons are useful (apart from the spiker lol) You just need to use them in the correct way and situation. If you do this the campaign becomes easier. As long as you know what enemies are where tgen you can pre pare yourself. For brute sections the noob combo is good and obviously headshot capable waepons for grunts, jackals and armourless brutes.
>
> For flood anything close range like the shotgun, Mauler, Sword, Hammer. Rockets, laser and fuel rods are an all round great weapon on covies and flood. You can also headshot some flood in 1 or 2 shots unless its an elite form, pure form or carrier form. For sentinals plasma pistols and rifles are the best it practically melts them.
>
> Anyway thats my advice enjoy legendary and good luck.

The spiker is also a good weapon, not that I use it often the assault rifle wins over any automatic when it’s about range (plasma rifle, spiker and needler fail at long range, SMG is a rare sight) .

> 2533274964556797;11:
> > 2533274840950078;10:
> > All the weapons are useful (apart from the spiker lol) You just need to use them in the correct way and situation. If you do this the campaign becomes easier. As long as you know what enemies are where tgen you can pre pare yourself. For brute sections the noob combo is good and obviously headshot capable waepons for grunts, jackals and armourless brutes.
> >
> > For flood anything close range like the shotgun, Mauler, Sword, Hammer. Rockets, laser and fuel rods are an all round great weapon on covies and flood. You can also headshot some flood in 1 or 2 shots unless its an elite form, pure form or carrier form. For sentinals plasma pistols and rifles are the best it practically melts them.
> >
> > Anyway thats my advice enjoy legendary and good luck.
>
> The spiker is also a good weapon, not that I use it often the assault rifle wins over any automatic when it’s about range (plasma rifle, spiker and needler fail at long range, SMG is a rare sight) .

If we’re talking about using the spiker on legendary I disagree. It has zero to no damage output what so ever and takes forever to kill a shielded brute. Even on a shorter range it fails miserably.

Noob combo all day. Covenant weapons work really well on the Covenant and Flood though.

> 2535417579409456;12:
> If we’re talking about using the spiker on legendary I disagree. It has zero to no damage output what so ever and takes forever to kill a shielded brute. Even on a shorter range it fails miserably.

Legendary as OP is asking weapon advice for, you can throw a frag to support your fire (breaking the armor is one step to make someone’s life easier) if you find it too long to do something.

It’s a bit like the assault rifle in combat evolved, there is always a better gun around except that… the spiker isn’t a beast.

The assault rifle ruin packs of Grunts, swarms of infection forms and is the stealth Elite killer (no power weapon involved) .

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533275010817669;7:
> Against Grunts, you can use everything. Just watch out for the suicide ones.
> Against Jackals, same thing, but I recommend using headshot weapons.
> Against Brutes, use a Plasma Pistol’s EMP to disable his armor. After that, most weapons are viable to kill them. Weapons that are good as well to disable the armor are Spikers, Plasma Rifles, Assault Rifles, Needlers (Supercombine will outright kill them), etc.
> Against Hunters I recommend using a Shotgun, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, Rocket, Fuel Rod and Splaser. If you’re using Shotty, Sword and Hammer, get up close to them, evade their melee and hit their back. A Sword is EXTREMELY good in the Hunter’s back and can kill them in 1 swing. The Hammer may make things easier and you may not need to wait for his attack animation at all. A couple of swings can kill them pretty quick. If you’re going Shotty, when you’re attacking his weakpoint, shot and melee. If they get stunned, repeat, then evade.
> Against Drones, only hitscan weapons are viabe (hitscan means that your shots have no travel time between you firing your gun and the shot hitting it’s location; in other words, instant. Assault Rifle, BR, Sniper, etc), because they’re too fast against Projectile weapons (Weapons whose shots need to travel to reach their destination. Plasma Rifle, etc.)
>
> Against the Human, Elite and Brute forms, almost all weapons are viable, even your melee, but I recommend using Plasma Rifles, BR, Shotgun, Energy Sword, Spiker, Brute Shot, SMG, and Carbine and Gravity Hammer.
> Against Pure Forms, the same thing, but you must be more cautious. And melee is only useful against Stalker forms. The Tanks are too resilient against your fists and getting close to one may only mean a free ticket to Death. And Snipers are usually on walls and ceilings, out of your melee reach; the melee is strong against them, but not viable.
> However, the Energy Sword WILL kill every Flood form in just one swing. Not only are they insta-kill, but they also waste very little energy against them, no to mention that Energy Swords are common, especially in Cortana. I recommend you to keep a Sword at all times on Flood levels.
>
> Hope this helps. Now Finish the Fight once again.

Use your allies as a distraction while you engage from behind. On the ark just trick the hunters of the edge (mint blitz video)