Best...weapon balance...ever!!!

For starters, AMAZING GAME 343!!!

About balance.

For all those worried about DMRbeing OP…the tiny difference in killtimes really don’t matter. It’s the characteristics of the gun that set it apart. The BR has bleed through which makes it better for assists and headshots on unshielded opponents. The DMR is for precise shots from mid to far distance (autoaim makes it very difficult to hit strafing opponents up close.

But the automatics…are super powerful. The AR is actually a skill weapon now. Not in a precision manner but in timing by burst firing and keeping the reticule from expanding past the enemy.

The storm rifle has less range but can fire a whole lot more and kill multiple enemies without having to take cover.

The power weapons are good so far, all very fun and none too powerful.

Again, my opinion could change butit feels great right now.

When I first played the Reach beta, something felt awefully wrong.

With this game, it feels like how Halo should feel.

The best way to describe it is on-host Halo 2.

To all the people saying the gameplay is more lie Reach, I highly disagree.

I think the biggest change to the weapon sandbox is that ALL the weapons are useful now.

I am a skilled competitive player (who loves visible rank) and all I have been using is the AR and storm rifle. They are fantastic and I am defeating precision weapon users across the board.

The aren’t OP…it’s just that if you get caught in their range, their is no winning 90% of the time.

But Tara the beauty of it. You can easily keep your distance from automatic users just as easily as you can get in close with an automatic yourself:

It’s all about skill.

Also, I played the first mission of canpaiign…the graphics and presentation blew me away.

If this is considered below a 9 (or even 9.5) to certain people, they must not really appreciate Halo for what it is: Halo. Or maybe they don’t like that there is no utility weapon, idk.

Its not perfect though. I’m all for scrapping the whole menu interface and going back to Reach style. I’ll probably get used to it eventually but there was no need for it to change dramatically like it did.

Also, playlists need to be tweaked. All objective playlists should be consolidated into team skirmish and big team battle (except dominion, that can stay separate.

Also, classic playlists would be nice with either AR or BR start. Slayer pro doesn’t cut it because too many of us love radar and believe it benefits the flow of the game. Im not saying remove it…but it’s not classic Halo.

Other than that, it’s just small complaints that I’ll get over (like unlocking emblems, I don’t like that. People should have full Access to all emblems at SR 1 but whatever, no big deal).

Tl:dr The game is the best Halo game we have had so far. You may look back on previous titles and enjoy the nostalgia but this game by and large has core mechanics that work and could potentially be addictive for multiple years.

AMEN! I just stated playing 2 hours ago, finished the first campaign mission and honestly… it was some what challenging. They really made the Campaign push you. Hopped into war games and LOVE IT! I am using LR and destroying! Everything is just so balanced… I am going to play again after I eat.

I’m going to bed.

glade to see an actually constructive and intelligent post. so far all Ive seen is pointless bash on the game. that said the ones that are bashing are the rank system whores

> glade to see an actually constructive and intelligent post. so far all Ive seen is pointless bash on the game. that said the ones that are bashing are the rank system whores

that or they wanted Halo 2.5 or 3.5. I want Halo 2.5 but with all the best elelements from all the other games. I can say I pretty much got what I wanted.

I find the Battle Rifle extremely useful, don’t know what people were talking about when they said it would be outclassed. I’ve won nearly all of my mid-range battles against the AR and DMR with it.

Is it just me or do they need to reduce the kill time on the carbine,i land my shots but still feel like its taking too long.

> Is it just me or do they need to reduce the kill time on the carbine,i land my shots but still feel like its taking too long.

It’s a headshot capable weapon with no bloom and a fast as crap firing speed, I think it’s balanced to keep it at an 8sk.