Best way to use the "Echidna"?(level 3 Hydra)

Do you unload the entire clip onto the air vehicle in question? Or do you just fire 1 missile only because you just want to disable it and that’s all? Curious about the best practice, weapon is expensive and finishes quickly if you just unload. Thanks

You can use it in any way you want. You can pick off infantry, disable vehicles or just unload a clip into a vehicle and destroy it.

I see it made for taking out vehicles by disabling them. It has 2 zooms so you can do long range. its useful to use on phaetons or flying vehicles.

> 2535447480293666;2:
> You can use it in any way you want. You can pick off infantry, disable vehicles or just unload a clip into a vehicle and destroy it.

Is there a particular way you use the most, or more or less equally all those? I guess I’m trying to determine which is the most efficient use of it.

Aim and pull the trigger.
At least, that’s what I’ve been doing with em XD

> 2533274799306209;1:
> Do you unload the entire clip onto the air vehicle in question? Or do you just fire 1 missile only because you just want to disable it and that’s all? Curious about the best practice, weapon is expensive and finishes quickly if you just unload. Thanks

I would say unless if you don’t have anything else in your off hand to take it out or you’re about to loose visual then unload on the target, otherwise, conserve that ammo and use something else to actually take them out once you’ve EMP’d 'em. Can’t actually say from personal experience though, just speculation as I still haven’t unlocked it but so wish too. Heck, I got certifications for Jorge’s Chaingun and SPNKR Prime and yet still don’t have Echinda lol (not complaining though!).

> 2533274799306209;4:
> > 2535447480293666;2:
> > You can use it in any way you want. You can pick off infantry, disable vehicles or just unload a clip into a vehicle and destroy it.
>
>
> Is there a particular way you use the most, or more or less equally all those? I guess I’m trying to determine which is the most efficient use of it.

I actually use it to EMP vehicles and take out any infantry I have a clear shot on. Just like SaneMountain212 said, It’s effective against pesky phaetons and it’s the bane of the ultra banshee.

> 2535409489305717;3:
> I see it made for taking out vehicles by disabling them. It has 2 zooms so you can do long range. its useful to use on phaetons or flying vehicles.

Yeah, I think so too…however, I’m curious if it’s best to shoot 1 missile(to disable it) and then you wait until it starts flying again and then you shoot another missile? Or do you just unload the whole clip on 1 ship to disable and also try to destroy it. I’m trying to find the sweet spot where you maximize its use…I felt like when I was unloading the whole clip, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th shots that would hit would have their shockwave effect wasted a little(since the first shot that hits disable it right away).

> 2533274799306209;8:
> > 2535409489305717;3:
> > I see it made for taking out vehicles by disabling them. It has 2 zooms so you can do long range. its useful to use on phaetons or flying vehicles.
>
>
> Yeah, I think so too…however, I’m curious if it’s best to shoot 1 missile(to disable it) and then you wait until it starts flying again and then you shoot another missile? Or do you just unload the whole clip on 1 ship to disable and also try to destroy it. I’m trying to find the sweet spot where you maximize its use…I felt like when I was unloading the whole clip, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th shots that would hit would have their shockwave effect wasted a little(since the first shot that hits disable it right away).

just unload one at a time still the emp wears out and do it again for a ally to hijack it or destroy it.

> 2535409489305717;9:
> > 2533274799306209;8:
> > > 2535409489305717;3:
> > > I see it made for taking out vehicles by disabling them. It has 2 zooms so you can do long range. its useful to use on phaetons or flying vehicles.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, I think so too…however, I’m curious if it’s best to shoot 1 missile(to disable it) and then you wait until it starts flying again and then you shoot another missile? Or do you just unload the whole clip on 1 ship to disable and also try to destroy it. I’m trying to find the sweet spot where you maximize its use…I felt like when I was unloading the whole clip, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th shots that would hit would have their shockwave effect wasted a little(since the first shot that hits disable it right away).
>
>
> just unload one at a time still the emp wears out and do it again for a ally to hijack it or destroy it.

yeah thanks I think I’ll be trying that for a change see how it works out

> 2535409489305717;9:
> > 2533274799306209;8:
> > > I see it made for taking out vehicles by disabling them. It has 2 zooms so you can do long range. its useful to use on phaetons or flying vehicles.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, I think so too…however, I’m curious if it’s best to shoot 1 missile(to disable it) and then you wait until it starts flying again and then you shoot another missile? Or do you just unload the whole clip on 1 ship to disable and also try to destroy it. I’m trying to find the sweet spot where you maximize its use…I felt like when I was unloading the whole clip, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th shots that would hit would have their shockwave effect wasted a little(since the first shot that hits disable it right away).
>
>
> just unload one at a time still the emp wears out and do it again for a ally to hijack it or destroy it.

Unload or shoot?

> 2535409489305717;3:
> I see it made for taking out vehicles by disabling them. It has 2 zooms so you can do long range. its useful to use on phaetons or flying vehicles.

oh nice I don’t think I realized it had 2 zoom levels. thanks

Its great for emp vehicles from a distance. But if you just want to pick off players two missiles i think with any level hydra will kill a player. If u want to rack up kills find a good spot and shoot two at a time. Its not too good at destroying heavy armor so i would use as necessary if your planning to hijack or help teammates hijack vehicles. For that purpose just shoot them one at a time. In my opinion though i think the typhon is the better hydra. Shoots faster, reloads faster and i think it targets multiple enemies at time. And higher damage is always a plus and its a req 5. At req level 7 i’d rather go with a nornfang or kriths hand

> 2533274799306209;12:
> > 2535409489305717;3:
> > I see it made for taking out vehicles by disabling them. It has 2 zooms so you can do long range. its useful to use on phaetons or flying vehicles.
>
>
> oh nice I don’t think I realized it had 2 zoom levels. thanks

Link

> 2533274826169012;13:
> Its great for emp vehicles from a distance. But if you just want to pick off players two missiles i think with any level hydra will kill a player. If u want to rack up kills find a good spot and shoot two at a time. Its not too good at destroying heavy armor so i would use as necessary if your planning to hijack or help teammates hijack vehicles. For that purpose just shoot them one at a time. In my opinion though i think the typhon is the better hydra. Shoots faster, reloads faster and i think it targets multiple enemies at time. And higher damage is always a plus and its a req 5. At req level 7 i’d rather go with a nornfang or kriths hand

The Typhon is good infantry wise really but the Enchida is the vehicles worst enemy.

> 2535409489305717;14:
> > 2533274799306209;12:
> >
> >
> > oh nice I don’t think I realized it had 2 zoom levels. thanks
>
>
> Link

lol nice! that’s what I call inspiration