Best way to take out last Elites in the hospital on New Alexandria?

I’m doing the weekly challenge and I’ve run into a bit of a snag getting out of the hospital. When I deactivated the jammer, the Ranger Elites with jet packs didn’t spawn in that big room as they always have before when I’ve played through this mission. This time they’re out in the area where you first enter the building and I’ve never faced that scenario.

LASO isn’t exactly the way I want to figure out how to beat a new scenario, but such are the cards I’ve been dealt. Any suggestions for dealing with this? This is the final objective. I just need to get through these jet pack elites and two jackels with needle rifles and I’m home free.

I have active camouflage, and can get jet pack or drop shield. I have plenty of DMR ammo, some plasma rifles, no plasma pistol, some plasma grenades, and there are some health packs available. The problem is that all of the Elites that would normally spawn in the big room with the jammer at one end are on one side of one of those circular platforms right where the ramp leads up to it, so I can’t even see them until I’m really close to them, and then there are two or three right together even then. Any useful ideas would be most appreciated.

By the way, this is what I’m facing:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=24654983&player=SkyTag%20Jumpmstr

My only access is the ramp in the top right of the picture.

First off lol.

If you want to kill try to draw one away at a time and use plasma rifles/grenades to pop shields and headshot asap.

I dunno if you can jetpack past them into a gap in the stairs somewhere higher but worth a look.

> First off lol.
>
> If you want to kill try to draw one away at a time and use plasma rifles/grenades to pop shields and headshot asap.
>
> I dunno if you can jetpack past them into a gap in the stairs somewhere higher but worth a look.

There’s no way past them. I looked at a film with the flying camera. And so far I haven’t found a way to draw any out one at a time. They’re all just hanging around up there pretty much together.

Double plasma grenade kill some then plasma rifle/headshot any leftovers? or if you can’t kill them reset the whole level, I know it may feel like waste of time but it’s gonna get you the challenge quicker then trying to kill the elites.

I personally had to reset this level for this challenge so I know it sucks but if it ultimately saves time it’s worth it.

May I recommend this? Tyrant’s guide is quite useful.
Mythic Guide: New Alexandria

> May I recommend this? Tyrant’s guide is quite useful.

I watched it before I started, but he doesn’t get this scenario. He got the usual scenario in which the jet pack Elites come into the big room. I was well prepared for that, but I’ve never seen this scenario.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me really hate Bungie. So far no one has been able to suggest a way to beat this scenario solo. Seriously, it takes some pretty big jerks at Bungie to throw an impossible scenario in at the very end of a LASO mission. God, how I hate them. What a waste of my f’ing time.

Ah I see. Maybe you can use the ramp to your advantage. Try peppering them with plasma fire from the bottom of the ramp, then headshot them, one by one. That is a rather unfortunate situation though…

you could try throwing your grenades at them in an attempt to make them move, then use active camo to try and sneek past them. might not be the best plan, but its worth a shot.

> Ah I see. Maybe you can use the ramp to your advantage. Try peppering them with plasma fire from the bottom of the ramp, then headshot them, one by one. That is a rather unfortunate situation though…

I tried that. As soon as I pop one’s shields he pulls back and I can’t see his head. I stuck one on the head with a plasma grenade and he moved back too. If one takes damage he moves back and another one moves up to take his place.

By the way, I can’t use the ramp because they’ll see me, even with active camo on. I’m close enough that as soon as I start firing two or three of them will come to the top of the ramp and let me have it. If I stand next to the ramp their fire is blocked by the guard rail but I hit their heads. I’ve popped shields a couple of times, but they just move back where I can’t headshot them.

> you could try throwing your grenades at them in an attempt to make them move, then use active camo to try and sneek past them. might not be the best plan, but its worth a shot.

Active camo is useless once I get near them. At a distance it allows me to move around freely without getting shot, but if I get close to them they can see me and they start firing on me.

Did I mention how much I hate Bungie? I really hate Bungie. LOL

Hmmm… Maybe if you just grenade spammed the landing right there, you would be able to take them out. Since they will drop grenades as they die, you may be able to use a sort of “chain reaction.” I hope you can figure it out.

the best way around this is to restart the mission and use a banshee… this mission can be done in under 20 minutes even if you’re not too experienced… i suggest watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMs3eGqick before doing it… you can also get a banshee easily by flying to the top of the hospital with a plasma pistol and shooting it down

Did you try asking them nicely?