Best way for Halo 4 to reach FULL POTENTIAL!

It is actually very simple.

The game will come with a code like CEA which allows for you to activate a creative menu.

There will be two main menus for Halo 4

Classic Menu- This menu would have Campaign, Multiplayer, Firefight, and Theater.

Creative Menu- Forge 3.0, Custom Game Browser, and Theater

Basically the menu switching would work like going to Waypoint with Reach except the button too switch will be at the bottom of each main menu.

Now lets go step by step through this:
Classic Menu

Campaign-with the new capabilites with games and the lack of forge and Custom Games 343 would be able to make the battles and sandbox better then any other Halo game. The campaign could be large and braud with amazing skyboxes all around!

Multiplayer- Well not much to say here it would work about the same as any other game. For the Ranking system 1-50 should return however there is a xp system within the rank system
Lets say you are trying to reach level 25 and just reached level 24 you need 6 points to go up
1point=win
2points=win and MVP
+1point=+7K/D ratio
-1=loss
0=win and MVP

Firefight- In firefight we should have a boss battle at the end of a wave so one map could be a couple of wraiths and another map could have a Scarab or Grave Mine as a boss!
Also I believe that an Invasion like firefight game should be added. You start off in a small section of the map and after every wave you unlock more of the map and better things like a Rockets, then a Warthog and so on until you have unlocked the whole map!

Theater-Not much needs to be changed except for allowing 4 player viewing and maybe a slow mo button…

Creative mode will be below this post.

err…I disagree with the ranking system. And honestly, all I want is a BETTER campaign and maybe Halo 2’s ranking system with an unlock system similar to Reach’s.

<strong>Creative Menu:</strong>

Forge 3.0-with forge being seperate from matchmaking, firefight, and Campaign the possiblities for it become much higher. Maybe this time we can have a true MAP MAKER not EDITOR! Think of being able to make your on landscapes Mountains or Flatlands, Sunshine or Night, Blizzards or Droughts! Think of being able to make your favorite Halo maps like Headlong or Lockout exactly the same astheitcly with snow and sunshine and building looks! The possiblites would be much much higher my friends.
All we would need is one setup map and we can delete it and let are imaginations go from there! IT would work like Custom Edition does.

<strong>Custom Game Browsing-</strong>Now this is a huge deal and I have supported it for a long time. It starts off on the main menu as Custom Game Browser. Once you click on it you will have the option to go private or share, So if you just want to play customs with your friends its fine, but if you want to search or create a game to play with randoms you can.
There should be some tags for this so people don’t get put into Kill ball spawn trap games, and the classic gametypes should be first.

You would be able to search for any gametype and any map you wanted to. Also this would allow for people to test maps much easier! It would allow for MLG players to warm up casually. It would allow for people to play there favorite mini games all the time and so much more!

**Theater-**Same as classic menu

**Lower Gun Option-**Also on this menu it will allow for you to lower guns in games since matchmaking does not exsit in this part of the game giving the machinima makers the ability to be more creative with what they make!

Thoughts and Ideas…

> err…I disagree with the ranking system. And honestly, all I want is a BETTER campaign and maybe Halo 2’s ranking system with an unlock system similar to Reach’s.

Well this would keep the random out of ranking up so like in the past you would win 5 games and not go up but lose 2 and go down. This way you don’t have to deal with the randomness of the system.

Also it will show up on your service record so you can keep track of the xp in that ranked playlist, kinda like after the TU in Halo 3 worked with individual playlist XP.

You know, this may sound insane but I have an idea for matchmaking. The custom playlist. Any custom game that is “finished” that anyone has ever made will all be put in a single playlist and it will be constantly updated. However there will have to be a few rules, in order for a custom game to get into the playlist it must be assigned a gametype. This would undoubtedly be one of the most random and insane playlists ever devised, but there definitely will have to be some ground rules. Any game you play has a report button that you can push after or during a game, this will report the map and gametype that goes with it to 343 representatives for inspection, if the game is deemed stupid or pointless it will be removed, therefore solving that kill ball trap thing you were talking about earlier. Of course 343 would only be notified after several reports. Plus after games players can rate games they recently played and if they liked it they can increase the likelihood of having it chosen again. This playlist would show the true potential of Forge and allow some of the great Forgers who’s creations couldn’t quite make the community playlist cut a little to get a little spotlight from time-to-time. If a map gets really liked, then 343 could add it to another playlist, so that way everyone in the community has a voice on what gets put on different playlists.

> You know, this may sound insane but I have an idea for matchmaking. The custom playlist. Any custom game that is “finished” that anyone has ever made will all be put in a single playlist and it will be constantly updated. However there will have to be a few rules, in order for a custom game to get into the playlist it must be assigned a gametype. This would undoubtedly be one of the most random and insane playlists ever devised, but there definitely will have to be some ground rules. Any game you play has a report button that you can push after or during a game, this will report the map and gametype that goes with it to 343 representatives for inspection, if the game is deemed stupid or pointless it will be removed, therefore solving that kill ball trap thing you were talking about earlier. Of course 343 would only be notified after several reports. Plus after games players can rate games they recently played and if they liked it they can increase the likelihood of having it chosen again. This playlist would show the true potential of Forge and allow some of the great Forgers who’s creations couldn’t quite make the community playlist cut a little to get a little spotlight from time-to-time. If a map gets really liked, then 343 could add it to another playlist, so that way everyone in the community has a voice on what gets put on different playlists.

Well I think Custom Game browsing would be better because you can choose what you want and people have the right to tag the games if they are bad or not to aware future players of the lobby.

All that HALO 4 needs to do is go back to the old HALO 3 ranks and number ranks, keep the unlocks and credits, PUT THE BR BACK because the dmr=fail, and downtone the grenades.

> All that HALO 4 needs to do is go back to the old HALO 3 ranks and number ranks, keep the unlocks and credits, PUT THE BR BACK because the dmr=fail, and downtone the grenades.

Agree with BR.
Half agree with 1-50 (what if you combine the two systems so you get paired with people your skilled level but still have 1-50 to rank up and down…)
Agree with grenades (The strength of them is crazy in Reach)

Also this post was really built around the Creative mode and the ability to truely make maps.

The best way for Halo 4 to be a success is to play like the most popular Halo of all time HALO 2! In all honesty, I don’t see how this would not work.

> The best way for Halo 4 to be a success is to play like the most popular Halo of all time HALO 2! In all honesty, I don’t see how this would not work.

yes but no one wants a new Halo 2.

If anything the community would just like a halo 2 remake why make the same game but with new maps and better graphics.

> > All that HALO 4 needs to do is go back to the old HALO 3 ranks and number ranks, keep the unlocks and credits, PUT THE BR BACK because the dmr=fail, and downtone the grenades.
>
> Agree with BR.
> Half agree with 1-50 (what if you combine the two systems so you get paired with people your skilled level but still have 1-50 to rank up and down…)
> Agree with grenades (The strength of them is crazy in Reach)
>
> Also this post was really built around the Creative mode and the ability to truely make maps.

I feel like since two other grenades were eliminated they had to put frag on overdrive. The spike grenade was practically a weak sticky that didn’t do much unless you stuck someone, and the flame grenade was a strong sticky/frag that was practically an all purpose grenade, except in extreme close quarters. I think that since the flame was the only other strong grenade besides sticky they had to buff the frag a bit.

If Halo 4 wants to reach full potential, start with the story. 343, you are working VERY closely with Halo CE, and I hope, PRAY even that that leaves a real imprint on you’re storywriting. Take notes on WHY Halo CE was so loved. And bring back the proper feel of the series.

> If Halo 4 wants to reach full potential, start with the story. 343, you are working VERY closely with Halo CE, and I hope, PRAY even that that leaves a real imprint on you’re storywriting. Take notes on WHY Halo CE was so loved. And bring back the proper feel of the series.

I think that the main reason CE was so loved is because it was exotic. I mean think about it, fighting on the Halo ring, it’s something that has never been seen before in an FPS and it seemed that there was always a bit more to explore on it. Every time you’d play again you’d see something you never noticed before. Reach seemed a bit to similar to earth and that’s why it didn’t have that kick. Also significantly less was on the line in Reach, it was like, yeah Reach is a nice colony and all but it wasn’t like the entire universe faced destruction or God forbid Earth. The fight did seem to mean significantly more for Jorge than anyone else, probably because he seemed the most connected to Reach, just like we’re kind of connected to Earth. Hell, the Modern Warfare 2 game meant the most out of the CoD games campaign-wise for me, simply because America specifically was the country being attacked. All I’m saying is, we connect emotions with what we care about, and the destruction of the entire universe means Earth.