Best Tip for Rock 'n Rail

Using the Whiplash will almost always best the SPNKR Prime.

The airburst properties are a huge help too, especially when facing multiple people at once.

Treat the SPNKr Prime as a Sniper Rifle: It will only kill if you hit someone head-on and in the right location. Use the Whiplash if you want to net a long range kill more effectively or if you want to kill 2 enemies in 1 shot. In my experience, most of the time it will do better than Prime in both aspects. That is all.

> 2535405116054664;3:
> Treat the SPNKr Prime as a Sniper Rifle: It will only kill if you hit someone head-on and in the right location. Use the Whiplash if you want to net a long range kill more effectively or if you want to kill 2 enemies in 1 shot. In my experience, most of the time it will do better than Prime in both aspects. That is all.

Basically is a sniper lol Best to use it to predict ppl coming through doors and stuff

> 2535434548670205;4:
> > 2535405116054664;3:
> > Treat the SPNKr Prime as a Sniper Rifle: It will only kill if you hit someone head-on and in the right location. Use the Whiplash if you want to net a long range kill more effectively or if you want to kill 2 enemies in 1 shot. In my experience, most of the time it will do better than Prime in both aspects. That is all.
>
> Basically is a sniper lol Best to use it to predict ppl coming through doors and stuff

I recently made a comparison on a similar thread comparing the Prime to the Direct Hit rocket launcher in Team Fortress 2. Basically, it’s intended as a “sniper” rocket launcher, in the fact that it deals major damage when it connects with the player’s hitboxes (and even deals mini-critical hits if the player is airborne), but falls short in terms of splash damage and splash range. That’s basically what the SPNKr Prime is in a nutshell, when you think about it. Or at least, when I think about it.

I’ve found that the SPNKr Prime is better for “close” quarters. The lack of charge time and larger (relatively speaking) splash radius makes it easier to work with, if you ask me. Of course, getting into close quarters when you have two weapons that are designed as one-shot kills isn’t ideal in the first place, but that’s not my point.

Also, don’t jump. Often you are left floating in the air.

Some call this strat, the “sitting duck”

> 2533274971565732;7:
> Also, don’t jump. Often you are left floating in the air.
>
> Some call this strat, the “sitting duck”

Seconded, especially if you have the Prime out and you’re planning to shoot. From what I hear, the Prime was partially intended to allow people to rocket jump, which could explain why the damage is so low. Why anyone would want to rocket jump in a game where clambering walls is a focused mechanic is beyond me, but whatever.

> 2535405116054664;8:
> > 2533274971565732;7:
> > Also, don’t jump. Often you are left floating in the air.
> >
> > Some call this strat, the “sitting duck”
>
> Seconded, especially if you have the Prime out and you’re planning to shoot. From what I hear, the Prime was partially intended to allow people to rocket jump, which could explain why the damage is so low. Why anyone would want to rocket jump in a game where clambering walls is a focused mechanic is beyond me, but whatever.

You can rocket jump with the prime because aside from just a speed and jump boost, it also gives more shield strength

> 2533274971565732;9:
> > 2535405116054664;8:
> > > 2533274971565732;7:
> > > Also, don’t jump. Often you are left floating in the air.
> > >
> > > Some call this strat, the “sitting duck”
> >
> > Seconded, especially if you have the Prime out and you’re planning to shoot. From what I hear, the Prime was partially intended to allow people to rocket jump, which could explain why the damage is so low. Why anyone would want to rocket jump in a game where clambering walls is a focused mechanic is beyond me, but whatever.
>
> You can rocket jump with the prime because aside from just a speed and jump boost, it also gives more shield strength

…and I thought rocket jumping was practically non-existent in Halo 5. I guess I am very wrong.

Get the high ground and camp the other team. That’s what has happened most times I’ve played and lost. Not fun.

I always use the prime when I know I will come on head on with somebody. The prime has no firing delay and gives you a advantage when rounding corners on someone. Also prime is better at sudden shots like jumping and spotting someone. It’s not a good idea to hover in the air with the rail gun and wait to fire but you can just whip out the prime and fire and forget about it. Sure you may not kill the guy but it puts you in less danger.

> 2533274912984822;11:
> Get the high ground and camp the other team. That’s what has happened most times I’ve played and lost. Not fun.

IT’S OVER, ANAKIN! I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

From my experience, elevation hasn’t made too much of a difference in my matches (though, it does help).

I still like the SPNKR Prime because of the original feeling to it

> 2535437652903765;13:
> > 2533274912984822;11:
> > Get the high ground and camp the other team. That’s what has happened most times I’ve played and lost. Not fun.
>
> IT’S OVER, ANAKIN! I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!
>
>
> From my experience, elevation hasn’t made too much of a difference in my matches (though, it does help).

You underestimate my power!

Don’t jump too much. I play H5 like I’m playing H3 for some reason and jump every 2 seconds. I know I shouldn’t do this, but it’s a hard habit to kick. When I play rock n rail I look like a rabbit in space.

Oh, and don’t go in the middle… ever.