Best Tactical Package/Support Upgrade Combo?

First off, 343 did a great job with the Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades. They are implemented throughout so many gameplay elements and are all seemingly very well balanced, for the most part that is.

For reference: (list of all Specializations)
1:50 mark

What is the most powerful Tactical Package to you?

Most essential Support Upgrade? Best TP/SU combination?

The “Explosives” SU stands out to me. Increased blast radius of your nades while taking a reduced amount of damage from enemy nades (or your teammates’ nades). This definitely sounds like one of the better SU’s. It might be worth it to use this with Resupply or Grenadier.

Speaking of the Resupply and Grenadier TP’s, they seem to be a little redundant of eachother. What’s the purpose of being able to carry an extra grenade if you can only obtain nades by spawning or picking up the few nades that spawn on the map. I guess Grenadier would be somewhat useful on smaller maps when both teams are having a standoff on opposite sides of the map (think swordbase) and there are no dropped nades to recover, thus not making Resupply applicable.

The other TP/SU combination that stands out to me initially is Mobility and Wetworks. If you can sprint silently, why not take full advantage of it with infinite sprint. And if you wanna bring AA’s into the mix, Shielding used with Regeneration Field would make you a tank!

Though i will be using Fast Track at first until i unlock everything.

I’ll be using either mobility/shielding with dexterity/awareness.

To be straightforward, Shielding and Sensor.

Some combos that I think could work well:

• Wheelman + Explosives = Extremely durable vehicles (plus more powerful wraith/scorpion/banshee shots)
  • Recquisition + Ordinance Priority = Get to -Yoink!- whichever power weapon you want for most of the game

Though I agree with OP, as far as Tac-Packs goes, there isn’t really anything else I want so I will probably end up using Fast Track heaps once I get it

The best ones will be Shielding, Dexterity, Ammo, and whatever one allows you to stay scoped in when getting shot and see your radar.

I’ll be using Shielding and Dexterity on most of my classes.

> The best ones will be Shielding, Dexterity, Ammo, and whatever one allows you to stay scoped in when getting shot and see your radar.
>
> I’ll be using Shielding and Dexterity on most of my classes.

Having radar while scoped in is Awareness, and i think being able to stay scoped while getting shot is Stability, but not sure…

I don’t see how Dexterity is that useful, weapon swapping is rarely an issue and reloading can usually be done safely behind cover.

Explosion/Grenadier would be a decent mix seeing how you get more nades on spawn and a wider explosive radius. Where i am confused is that does the players nades deal less damage or is it decreasing the damage taken by enemy nades?

> Explosion/Grenadier would be a decent mix seeing how you get more nades on spawn and a wider explosive radius. Where i am confused is that does the players nades deal less damage or is it decreasing the damage taken by enemy nades?

I think it’s less damage taken by the player by the player’s own grenades.

> > The best ones will be Shielding, Dexterity, Ammo, and whatever one allows you to stay scoped in when getting shot and see your radar.
> >
> > I’ll be using Shielding and Dexterity on most of my classes.
>
> Having radar while scoped in is Awareness, and i think being able to stay scoped while getting shot is Stability, but not sure…

Ah well whatever it is

Shielding - shields begin to recharge in like half the usual time, meaning you’ll be able to get out of an encounter and get back in the action like twice as fast

Dexterity - reloads are crazy fast and switch weapons faster, meaning it won’t be as hard to find a good time to reload and even if you’re caught reloading you have a decent chance of killing the enemy, and the noob combo is also deadlier with faster weapon switching

Ammo - you have like an extra magazine of whatever weapon you loadout with or pick up, meaning you can find a rocket launcher with 2 extra rockets, or a sniper with 4 extra shots etc.

Stability - you stay scoped in even if you’re getting hit, meaning sniping and long range rifle battles will be far easier

One that I noticed that was not on there, that I thought at least would, as far as my understand, is the Nemesis mod obtained from the Stalker specialization. I’m assuming that’s just not the finalized list in the video, correct?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dexterity turns out to be OP and overused like Sleight of Hand. Faster reloading is a tremendous advantage in shooters that is super hard to balance, but we’ll see how it turns out. I can definitely see it being the best Support Upgrade though. I’m personally going to use Wetworks. It’s the ONLY package that counters an AA and will make beatdowns/assassinations hilariously easy in playlists with no motion tracker. Me gusta.

Best tactical will probably be shielding, mobility, or resupply. Wheelman if it wasn’t so situational. Don’t know what I’ll main yet, probably mobility or shielding.

> I wouldn’t be surprised if Dexterity turns out to be OP and overused like Sleight of Hand. Faster reloading is a tremendous advantage in shooters that is super hard to balance, but we’ll see how it turns out. I can definitely see it being the best Support Upgrade though. I’m personally going to use Wetworks. It’s the ONLY package that counters an AA and will make beatdowns/assassinations hilariously easy in playlists with no motion tracker. Me gusta.
>
> [Best tactical will probably be shielding, mobility, or resupply. <mark>Wheelman if it wasn’t so situational. Don’t know what I’ll main yet, probably mobility or shielding.</mark>

I am going to have to disagree with this one. Wheelman is certainly not situational if you are playing BTB, which centers around the vehicles. Slight vehicle health regeneration and resistance to EMP only adds to the playstyle and before anyone asks, no, the Wheelman buffs do not stack if you have three Spartans in Warthog using that mod.

> One that I noticed that was not on there, that I thought at least would, as far as my understand, is the Nemesis mod obtained from the Stalker specialization. I’m assuming that’s just not the finalized list in the video, correct?

I saw that Nemesis one on IGN’s list, but didn’t think it was real. Marks the opponent who killed you so you can track them down…kinda farfetched sounding. What are these mods and specializations, effects of certain armors?

I honestly have no idea what I’m gonna use. There are so many options, and a lot of them sound good. I guess I’ll figure it out when the game comes out.

> > I wouldn’t be surprised if Dexterity turns out to be OP and overused like Sleight of Hand. Faster reloading is a tremendous advantage in shooters that is super hard to balance, but we’ll see how it turns out. I can definitely see it being the best Support Upgrade though. I’m personally going to use Wetworks. It’s the ONLY package that counters an AA and will make beatdowns/assassinations hilariously easy in playlists with no motion tracker. Me gusta.
> >
> > [Best tactical will probably be shielding, mobility, or resupply. <mark>Wheelman if it wasn’t so situational. Don’t know what I’ll main yet, probably mobility or shielding.</mark>
>
> I am going to have to disagree with this one. Wheelman is certainly not situational if you are playing BTB, which centers around the vehicles. Slight vehicle health regeneration and resistance to EMP only adds to the playstyle and before anyone asks, no, the Wheelman buffs do not stack if you have three Spartans in Warthog using that mod.

ITP: it’s not situational if you use it in the right situation

derp

I’ll see how they play first.

Wheelman + Shielding or Grenade resistance.

I´m a dedicated Warthog/vehicle driver, so wheelman will be a must.
Shielding will help out with some survival, since when you drive in a hog/vehicle, you´ll obviously be shot at. And by managing to deflect/outmanouver and avoid being momentarily hit by enemy fire, the shields will come back in the meantime a tad quicker than they´d otherwise do. Thus, my chance of survival may well be increased.

Explosive resistance will diminish the chance of a frag grenade lobbed beneath or a plasma latched onto the vehicle - to instantly kill you.