best place to report sexist & death threats?

as the title i had the unfortunate luck to run into a charming person on a CTF match on Solace last night who decided to send 3 text based messages including insults, sexist comments / insults and a death threat or two.

What’s more irritating the guy betrayed me in match and i was given the option to boot, and due to it appearing to be an accident i (obviously) didn’t. not to mention we were 2/3 people down in the match and managed to hold our own right until overtime!

i seem to remember the heads of 343 and halo 4 exec making statements about wanting to curb this behaviour so whos the best person to get in contact with?

im not sure if i can include a screenshot of each of the messages or not but i would like to just to make this point this was beyond smack talk.

Just report for language and then block communications, nothing much better you can do unfortunately.

It’s a shame that people do stuff like this, really drags down the experience for everybody around them.

> Just report for language and then block communications, nothing much better you can do unfortunately.
>
> It’s a shame that people do stuff like this, really drags down the experience for everybody around them.

Pretty much ^this^.

And i have to agree, it is a shame people do stuff like that. I even get to the point of considering it as “cyber-bullying”.

Klick the profile of the bad player, then file complaint followed by text and voice communication.

What a shmock. But I must say that this made my day;

> What’s more irritating the guy betrayed me in match

Nice to see :smiley:

I hate when people are like that. They must of been bullied in real life and started doing it on xbox. Unfortunately there really nothing we can do about it other then file complaint :/. It really bring down the experience and fun when people do it.

its halo, theres always going to be guys like this,

Hell, It was even WORSE in halo 3, so low population is not TOO bad when ya think about it :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t understand why certain players have to go outside of playing the game to make hateful comments to others.

Just play the game. Why bother putting other people down? Does it make the offender feel like they’re on top of the world? Honestly, it sickens me.

Yeah those people really grind my gears…

Yesterday I ran into some jerk who called me out for no reason other than my team losing and my KD not being uber awesome, continued for the next 3 matchez till he left

Jackwagons like that dont need videogames, more like anger therapy and discipline

Report for language I’d assume

Mute and block. No use reporting them because Microsoft won’t care. Thats the cold truth.

My friends and I got a bunch of this last night. Just file a complaint for text message and move on.

> Mute and block. No use reporting them because Microsoft won’t care. Thats the cold truth.

Hmmm…

  1. File a complaint using the Xbox Live dashboard feature so that the Xbox team look into the messages and hopefully ban them. They look into every complaint filed. I’ll be surprised if they just dismiss things like death threats as insignificant. If the messages are as you say I’m sure they’ll take action against the offending account, maybe even the entire console.

  2. Avoid them by leaving a negative player review so you hopefully don’t match up with them again in the future.

  3. Block communications so they can’t send you anymore messages.

All of this can be done through the Xbox Live service. I don’t think 343i will really want to get involved with it to be honest and will prefer you do the things above.

I get hate messages, Insults, and death threats all the time I know how you feel, if I were you I’d just report them via File complaint on Xbox. He will be banned most definitely for the death threats.

> > Mute and block. No use reporting them because Microsoft won’t care. Thats the cold truth.
>
> http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/5/4399750/microsoft-details-xbox-live-complaint-notifications
>
> Hmmm…

That happens in a nice fairy tail. Microsoft dosn’t care, I’ve gotten horrable things said to me in messages, I report them and they don’t get banned, even worse I have had somone send me my exact IP adress threaten to hack me. He never did but he tamperd with my network getting my IP adress. Still I report him nothing happens. All the times i’ve reported somone which I have reported lots, only two times i’ve gotten the message saying thanks for helping make xbox live safer yada yada yada.

Heck all the unmentionable things i’ve done to people haven’t gotten me banned. They reported me, nothing happend. I’s not just me I know at least 80% of the people who get reported for modding or being jerks don’t get banned. Microsoft just dosn’t care, I know that, you know that, every one knows it or will know it.

I love it when I get those kinda messages, gives me a good chuckle.

> > > Mute and block. No use reporting them because Microsoft won’t care. Thats the cold truth.
> >
> > http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/5/4399750/microsoft-details-xbox-live-complaint-notifications
> >
> > Hmmm…
>
> That happens in a nice fairy tail. Microsoft dosn’t care, I’ve gotten horrable things said to me in messages, I report them and they don’t get banned, even worse I have had somone send me my exact IP adress threaten to hack me. He never did but he tamperd with my network getting my IP adress. Still I report him nothing happens. All the times i’ve reported somone which I have reported lots, only two times i’ve gotten the message saying thanks for helping make xbox live safer yada yada yada.
>
> Heck all the unmentionable things i’ve done to people haven’t gotten me banned. They reported me, nothing happend. I’s not just me I know at least 80% of the people who get reported for modding or being jerks don’t get banned. Microsoft just dosn’t care, I know that, you know that, every one knows it or will know it.

It’s a bit ironic you claim they do nothing for you, but you’re off breaking their rules too.

> It’s a bit ironic you claim they do nothing for you, but you’re off breaking their rules too.

I was wondering about that.

All complaints filed through an Xbox 360 are manually handled by live human beings. Automated systems are used to prioritize complaints and control in what order they’re handled (based on how accurate each submitter’s past complaints have been), but all complaints are seen and investigated. [source]

As other Waypointers have said here: file complaints on the offending gamertags, block communications, and leave negative player reviews. I’d also leave the messages around instead of deleting them, just to be sure: those messages are concrete evidence of harassment, so it’s very likely that the offenders will be dealt with so long as that evidence stays around.

As Moa’s link described, you’ll get an Xbox LIVE message if your complaints are acted on. I can confirm that it happens, as I’ve gotten a few.