Best PC Game

I know there are a lot of great ones, but this deserves the #1 spot as best PC game of all time.

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing
Why is it so awesome?

If you don’t feel like watching the video or others like it, I’ll summarize the game and why its the best game ever.

Tired of physics? This game is for you! This game defies physics in many ways!
You can go through everything, buildings, posts, trees, bridges, and other players!

Tired of being constrained to a track? This game is for you!
There are no boundries! Pass through anything, climb up mountains with no effort, and even go outside the map with ease!

Your ears need a break from music? This game is a good choice.
There is no music in the game, and all you hear is the engine in the same monotonous sound the entire race!

Tired of losing? This game is for you!
You are garenteed a win. The AI doesn’t move often. When it does, it stops right in front of the finish line until you cross, even if you take forever! Sometimes, you don’t even have to race!

Tired of grammer? This game feels your pain.
Because, when you win, you get a message saying “You’re Winner!”.

Tired of being mocked by the Speed of Light? Put these trucks in reverse.
When in reverse, these truck’s speeds increase infinetly! Go billions of miles per hour, thousands of times the speed of light!

Tired of obstacles slowing you down? You need this game!
Not only does passing through everything keep your speed the same, you can go up 90° slopes with ease, not dropping speed for a milisecond.

/sarcasm

What are your thoughts on this amazing game? Ever had the epic opportunity to play it?

Terrible game, OP. Without a doubt, the one that > the universe, is Quake Live.

> Terrible game, OP. Without a doubt, the one that > the universe, is Quake Live.

Yeah, 10 years ago.

Anyway. That’s terrible. I love BF3 on PC… It looks and plays amazing on ultra settings. C&C Generals and Tiberium Wars are personal favourites too.

> Terrible game, OP. Without a doubt, the one that > the universe, is Quake Live.

Yeah, I know. Like many youtube reviews said, it looks like they spent only a few minutes coding everything on Big Rigs. I think the funniest parts in those videos are when the truck phases through the bridge, and reverses in an infinetly increasing speed. Many don’t consider it a game.

LOL

Why don’t you link him to a real game? Like the original Quake. Vastly superior.

Or UT.

> > Terrible game, OP. Without a doubt, the one that > the universe, is Quake Live.
>
> LOL
>
>
> Why don’t you link him to a real game? Like the original Quake. Vastly superior.
>
>
> Or UT.

QW is too punishing for new players, and the pub scene is low. UT is for those that can’t Quake. You know all this already. Stop asking stupid questions.

Aliens vs Predator 2’s multiplayer was God like when it was still populated. Infection (Also known as Survival in AvP2010. The mode didn’t work as well as in AvP2 due to much worse gameplay and maps) was so fun to play. The generic deathmatches were a lot more interesting than in other shooters too, thanks to the variation between races and even in their classes. I was so disappointed when AvP2010 was released :frowning:

Call of Duty: Power Point Warfare

In this new and improved shooter from the critically acclaimed game developers Infinity Ward, Call of Duty: Power Point Warfare pits players in average, everyday households where they must plug in their guns to be able to shoot. Infinity Ward has stated that this will show a new side of tactics in the world of FPS’s.

I’d rather play me some TF2, Minecraft, or Counter Strike. Quake Live was great… a decade ago.

We need a awesome modern Arena FPS to revitalize that great FPS sub-genre. Quake 3 Pubs were always fun growing up, that -Yoink- was a real adrenaline rush and the definition of open-ended gameplay before every shooter started to become “realistic” and "class-based"and “shooter skill” became knowing where to camp and hide like a -Yoink!- the best. Me and my friend tried Nexiuz but the whole “mutagen” system and how slow it was compared to traditional Arena FPS really turned us off. Maybe Quake 5???

On-topic: Short list of PC games I love: Half-life 2, Quake 3, WoW vanilla-BC, Diablo II, UT 99’,CS 1.6, RB6, Deus Ex, Witcher 2

The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim no doubt.

> I’d rather play me some TF2, Minecraft, or Counter Strike. Quake Live was great… a decade ago.

Quake Live didn’t exist a decade ago. Please hang up and try again. Regardless, gameplay doesn’t age. However, I understand your lack of skill. It’s k.

> We need a awesome modern Arena FPS to revitalize that great FPS sub-genre. Quake 3 Pubs were always fun growing up, that Yoink! was a real adrenaline rush and the definition of open-ended gameplay before every shooter started to become “realistic” and "class-based"and “shooter skill” became knowing where to camp and hide like a -Yoink!- the best. Me and my friend tried Nexiuz but the whole “mutagen” system and how slow it was compared to traditional Arena FPS really turned us off. Maybe Quake 5???

Exactly. I love arena FPSs because of their freedom. They don’t shovel you into “roles” or “classes”. They don’t restrict you to realistic laws; the fastest, smartest players come out on top. You snooze you lose.

I won’t even look at Nexuiz though. The history on how that game came into being is… unworthy of support. Besides, it’s just a souped up QW filled to the brim with gimmicks and dumbed down for consoles. shrugs

> Quake Live didn’t exist a decade ago. Please hang up and try again. Regardless, gameplay doesn’t age. However, I understand your lack of skill. It’s k.

Gameplay doesn’t age? Quite the contrary. It’s also independent of skill, of which I’ll assume you lack in any other FPS (seeing that you literally have nothing positive to say about any FPS besides Quake).

Please hang up, and refrain from trying again.

Dang. Last game I played on PC (not casual like Angry Birds) was Unreal Tournament. I’ve moved away from PC gaming when I discovered Xbox 360.

HEADSHOT! HEADSHOT! The announcer in that game is awesome.

> > Quake Live didn’t exist a decade ago. Please hang up and try again. Regardless, gameplay doesn’t age. However, I understand your lack of skill. It’s k.
>
> Gameplay doesn’t age? Quite the contrary. It’s also independent of skill, of which I’ll assume you lack in any other FPS (seeing that you literally have nothing positive to say about any FPS besides Quake).
>
> Please hang up, and refrain from trying again.

Hm, please expand your points because you’re not making much sense. Does gameplay age? No. Do trends change? Yes. But the two points aren’t related. Much like stories, gameplay is eternal, as long as it has a vessel.

It’s not independent of skill either. Quake’s a hard game to play, and to new players it can be a daunting task to even begin. If you’re not good at FPSs you’ll probably shy away from it, just like a novice painter would hesitate to paint a chapel’s roof. It’s not impossible, but definitely daunting. If you care to try Quake Live is free.

> Aliens vs Predator 2’s multiplayer was God like when it was still populated. Infection (Also known as Survival in AvP2010. The mode didn’t work as well as in AvP2 due to much worse gameplay and maps) was so fun to play. The generic deathmatches were a lot more interesting than in other shooters too, thanks to the variation between races and even in their classes. I was so disappointed when AvP2010 was released :frowning:

AvP 2 was great. I enjoyed Crysis as well. Wonderful maps and pacing. Im glad they brought the campaign to GoD.